Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Closed Thread
Old 09-13-2010, 03:14 AM   #41
adityasen

Thanks for all the inputs!

At this stage the tweaker seems like more of the amp I'm after, as I'd prefer to go down the route of finding a nice clean tone and then adding some fuzz pedals in front, rather than use a two channel amp.

I've just come across the fact that the tweaker's effects loop is parallel , while the Rebel 20 has an effects loop in series. I've played the Rebel 20 as well, and really found a nice warm tone that I liked. If I can get a good deal on a used Rebel 20, I might jump ship, else the Tweaker it shall be!

Hopefully the Celestion Vintage 30's in my Orange 1x12 will play nice with either...
adityasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 03:25 AM   #42
SLonergan
UG's Everlasting Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityasen
Thanks for all the inputs!

At this stage the tweaker seems like more of the amp I'm after, as I'd prefer to go down the route of finding a nice clean tone and then adding some fuzz pedals in front, rather than use a two channel amp.

I've just come across the fact that the tweaker's effects loop is parallel , while the Rebel 20 has an effects loop in series. I've played the Rebel 20 as well, and really found a nice warm tone that I liked. If I can get a good deal on a used Rebel 20, I might jump ship, else the Tweaker it shall be!

Hopefully the Celestion Vintage 30's in my Orange 1x12 will play nice with either...

I actually prefer my Rebel 20 to the Tweaker, even though the Tweaker has a bit more gain.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
SLonergan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:46 AM   #43
fly135
Cheap Gear Enthusiast

I don't know where you got the idea that the Tweaker loop is parallel because it isn't. I have a Tweaker and I use it clean with pedals. I haven't really warmed up to the higher gain tones and prefer my pedals. I think the loop on both the Tweaker and the Rebel is a compromise between rack and pedal levels.

You might find that it's too hot for some pedals and others may be ok. I ran some pedals in the loop on my Tweaker but wasn't able to achieve unity gain. Since I use pedals for distortion I just dropped using the loop. However, when I use my GNX4 multifx I plug straight into the loop return and bypass the preamp.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:29 PM   #44
adityasen

I'll have to admit that I haven't seen any Egnater specs on series vs parallel, but this is where I came across it

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/sh...241&postcount=7
Old 09-13-2010, 12:34 PM   #45
311ZOSOVHJH
G G & A - B A B Y

The FX loop is buffered and I found this: not sure if that helps.

# Effects loop send impedance: 600 ohms
# Effects loop return impedance: 220 kOhms
Old 09-14-2010, 03:38 AM   #46
adityasen

Well after doing some price comparisions, I can get the Tweaker for AUD $699 and the Rebel 20 for AUD $1000.

I do love the Rebel 20 tones, had a nice creamy tone to it. But then I can't really find any fault with the tweaker either. Wattage is not an issue for me. The question is - is it worth payin AUD $300 more for the Rebel 20.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:29 AM   #47
kyle62
Need a dispenser here!

Dual Terror owner here! One of the best amps I've owned - reminds me very much of the Marshall 2061x. Great for vintage rock, much better than the Tiny Terror (which i find overly compressed and muddy). One of those tones that makes you just want to hit an A chord over and over again, AC/DC-style.

However, if you want a traditional 'clean/dirty' channel setup you're wasting your time, the DT is very much a 'dirty/more dirty' amp - the main reason I bought it, but i know a lot of people like a decent clean channel.

My vote would probably go to the Tweaker, the DT does one thing very well and one thing only. The MA50 is a soulless generic joke compared to those two, disclude it immediately.

Head honcho at Stubborn Sound!
https://soundcloud.com/stubbornsound
kyle62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 05:39 AM   #48
Dannimagn

I myself own a Dual Terror and I'm quite happy with it to be honest.

Then again I'm playing Stoner Rock and Stoner metal from The Atomic Bitchwax to Electric Wizard. I also play jazz and blues.

Really guys the dual terror is a magnificent amp, If you have an EQ then you have no reason to complain about the mids.

Orange Dual Terror
Orange PPC112 Cabinet
Dean Z Noir XT
Ibanez Apex2

MXR Bass Octave (With a Guitar Run through it)

7 String Guitar Discussion!
Dannimagn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:36 PM   #49
NikDrag

haha wow. so, Ive been rippin on an MA50 head for a while now guys, and I whipped a Vox cooltron Big Ben Overdrive in front of the clean channel, and it melts faces. the MA, alone, are okay, but they are built to be played with pedals. they really kick ass. im not even ashamed of it.
NikDrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:00 AM   #50
gregs1020
Hi mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikDrag
haha wow. so, Ive been rippin on an MA50 head for a while now guys, and I whipped a Vox cooltron Big Ben Overdrive in front of the clean channel, and it melts faces. the MA, alone, are okay, but they are built to be played with pedals. they really kick ass. im not even ashamed of it.

so bump a 2 year old thread to say your MA needs pedals to sound good?

brilliant.

if i've ever aspired for anything...
gregs1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:09 AM   #51
ihartfood
Potato Faced Blind Man

not a single **** was given that day.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread: