Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Misc > Ultimate Guitar Feedback > Mobile Apps Feedback
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 05-04-2012, 12:11 AM   #1
cheesegrits

Synchronize lost almost all my Favorites

::sigh::

I just tried a "Synchronize" on the Android app, and it blew away about 18 months worth of favorites, leaving me with just the last 5 tabs I added.

That's 150 or so tabs, carefully arranged in specific playlists for the different bands I play in. I'm not a happy camper!

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it just left me with the ones I've added since I purchased Pro a month or so back.

-- hugh
cheesegrits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:07 AM   #2
scottlilly

I can't believe this, I have the same problem.

Downloaded the UG Android App and hit Sync, only about 60ish songs came in.

I have UG on my iPad with about 150 songs so figured I'd hit sync on that to get the rest of the songs into UG's database - big mistake - it nuked my iPad back to the same 60ish songs on the android.

What. The. Holy. F?

I don't think it's too much to expect that apps you pay for across multiple devices, with an option to "sync" might be smart enough to sync in both directions. What is going on? Are my chords and tabs really gone?
scottlilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:35 AM   #3
Ian Paul Gint
UG Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesegrits
::sigh::

I just tried a "Synchronize" on the Android app, and it blew away about 18 months worth of favorites, leaving me with just the last 5 tabs I added.

That's 150 or so tabs, carefully arranged in specific playlists for the different bands I play in. I'm not a happy camper!

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it just left me with the ones I've added since I purchased Pro a month or so back.

-- hugh

Normally, the tabs should not disappear during the syncing. Please make sure you've followed the same procedure as below:

1. Go to the "Home" screen of your Ultimate Guitar Tabs app on your device.
2. Go to "Account".
3. "Sign In" with your Ultimate-Guitar.com account.
4. When asked "Do you want to synchronize Favorites with your website account?", choose "OK" (Wait until the process is fully completed).

Note: If you already have favorites on your device, the app will ask you to keep them (choose "Keep Tabs" to keep everything you have in your Favorites).

The synchronization button will appear in your Favorites after this procedure.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:55 AM   #4
scottlilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Paul Gint
Normally, the tabs should not disappear during the syncing. Please make sure you've followed the same procedure as below:

2. Go to "Account".
4. When asked "Do you want to synchronize Favorites with your website account?", choose "OK" (Wait until the process is fully completed).

Note: If you already have favorites on your device, the app will ask you to keep them (choose "Keep Tabs" to keep everything you have in your Favorites).

The synchronization button will appear in your Favorites after this procedure.

Well, there must be a bug somewhere.

I have used the iPad app for over a year, only about half of the songs I have favourited on the iPad are on the website. I re-synced a lost the additional ones. Fail.
scottlilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:53 AM   #5
Ian Paul Gint
UG Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottlilly
Well, there must be a bug somewhere.

I have used the iPad app for over a year, only about half of the songs I have favourited on the iPad are on the website. I re-synced a lost the additional ones. Fail.

Please check if it were "Tab Pro" tabs that you've lost.
There are three categories of tabs you can find within Ultimate Guitar apps:
- Chords
- Guitar Tabs + Bass Tabs + Drum Tabs
- Tab Pro
Tabs, belonging to the latter category, cannot be synchronized with the website account since they're optimized exclusively for mobile devices.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:27 AM   #6
cheesegrits

All the ones that I lost were simple Chords. I'm a keyboard player, so the guitar tabs mean nothing to me.

If it makes any difference, I don't think I've ever used the web site to manage my favorites. All of my usage has been through the Android app.

The reason I hit "Syncronize" in the first place was I thought it would sync up my Android app favorites with the web. the reason i wanted to do that was:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1537302

... i.e. because the Android app no longer seems to connect / load any resources, if I'm on the road. It just sits at an otherwise blank Tabs page. On my WiFi connection at home it's still a crapshoot, I can get it to display about half the time.

So, as I thought "I should be able to sync up my favorites, and access them through the web page instead of the mobile app".

BIG MISTAKE.

So, as things stand, as I just said on that other thread, the Tabs app on Android is essentially useless for me. Which is a shame, as I had really come to rely on it.

-- hugh
Old 06-20-2012, 08:02 AM   #7
Ian Paul Gint
UG Team

Please try addressing our official app support for this type of issue, could be done from the app's page on Google Play or directly from the site http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/about/contact.htm (choose any category. it'll be sorted out eventually)
Old 06-20-2012, 05:35 PM   #8
cheesegrits

Can you tell me what Syncronize is actually supposed to do? Does it sync one way from the web site to the phone, or is it supposed to be a two way sync, producing a superset of both favorites at both ends?

Perhaps a question i should have asked before I pushed the button.

-- hugh
Old 06-30-2012, 09:56 PM   #9
midi510

I need clarification on this last point. I have lots of favorite tabs on my phone, but none on the web site. I want to add the ones from my phone to the site.
midi510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:42 PM   #10
footsoulja

I don't know if this still an open issue but I think I figured out why it erased the favorites list. I synchronized my iphone UG app thus erasing my list of favorites for the past year (Oh well, hopefully I've memorized it by now). But figured out that I had not "Activated" my UG account through ulitmatguitar.com.

So, go log into the UG website.
Activate your account
Then anything you sync after that should show up on all your devices.

I hope this helps some people. Sorry, but I'm no help in retrieving the favorites list that is already gone.
footsoulja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:50 PM   #11
RWatkiss

This happened to me today. All registered with UG online and went to synchronize by favorites with my iPad - chose keep tabs option - all favorites are gone. If I search for them they are still starred but they are not kept in the favorites tab. Very frustrating. I can find the favorites on the UG website in my profile but can't get them on my iPad. I want my favorite songs in the favorite tab on the iPad and would like to be able to add to it from the website.
RWatkiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:11 AM   #12
UG Support

If you are having problems adding 136 favorites from your online account to your device (following the steps provided in this thread), please open support ticket http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/about/contact.htm, providing your devise properties and OS it runs
UG Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:25 PM   #13
kroony

few ppl here had the same issue as me, had favourites lists and never logged into an account with the app. For android i found a solution after reading through this thread, which i then posted here:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1582935

Last edited by kroony : 01-16-2013 at 09:32 PM.
kroony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:30 PM   #14
juliewilliamss

Keyboard player as well. I can't access my HUGE list of favorites on the Tab HD app on my iPad. The band list still shows up, but when I click on any song from my favorites list, the app shuts down. My favorites are showing up on Ultimate-guitar.com, but all the key change tailoring is gone. I need the app back, I'm not always guaranteed wifi at gigs. HELP
juliewilliamss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:55 AM   #15
UG Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliewilliamss
Keyboard player as well. I can't access my HUGE list of favorites on the Tab HD app on my iPad. The band list still shows up, but when I click on any song from my favorites list, the app shuts down. My favorites are showing up on Ultimate-guitar.com, but all the key change tailoring is gone. I need the app back, I'm not always guaranteed wifi at gigs. HELP

Try to reinstall the app on your device. In order to avoid losing all your favorites during the reinstallation, you should synchronize them with your ultimate-guitar.com account before uninstalling the app and complete the synchronization again after the app has been restored.

In order to synchronize tabs in the Favorites section of the app with your Ultimate Guitar account, you need to go through the following steps:

2. Go to "Account".

UG Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:17 PM   #16
nicolher

Quote:
Originally Posted by UG Support
Try to reinstall the app on your device. In order to avoid losing all your favorites during the reinstallation, you should synchronize them with your ultimate-guitar.com account before uninstalling the app and complete the synchronization again after the app has been restored.

In order to synchronize tabs in the Favorites section of the app with your Ultimate Guitar account, you need to go through the following steps:

2. Go to "Account".

This method worked for me (ipad) THanks!
Hopefully, i searched on this forum before i did any mistake!
Maybe comunicating this to users directly could help people from loosing long lists of favs?
I don't see all my playlists though, i just see the "mother playlist" but not the playlists i have created under them?
I use the ios app a lot for cover gigs and i must say i love it
Off line access to favorites is also a must.
I'd love to be able to duplicate playlists to be able to assign different keys depending on wich singer i'm playing with..

Last edited by nicolher : 10-17-2013 at 07:22 PM.
nicolher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 04:36 PM   #17
zyzzyx6

Holy bananas!!!

After many months of trouble trying to sync my favorites to UG.com and my iPad and Android, I discovered the problem. I just logged into UG.com with Chrome and voila! all my favorites appeared. Evidently Internet Explorer is not well received by UG.

I could view my favorites on iPad and Android with zero problem. Viewing my favorites with IE left me empty and devoid of any guitar joy. I hope this helps

I didn't try firefox or any other browser
zyzzyx6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: