Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-20-2012, 10:14 AM   #21
tubetime86
I don't even play guitar.

OK, but I don't know if we need to post inaccurate information just because we're assuming the TS is incapable of discerning the truth for himself. I agree that we were being a bit vague and assuming he'd know what we meant, though.

The reason I suggested an octave up (how about we just say that) is because of the synth-like sound it has (most likely because it is a synth.) The cheapest and simplest way to emulate that would be any pitch shifter at all, as they always have a slightly synthy sound to them... Since the lick is fairly high an octave up would be the best choice for that.

I don't really see a point in what he's asking, personally... But he has asked a simple question, and done so politely so I'm just trying to help.
Originally Posted by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
tubetime86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:50 PM   #22
MaggaraMarine
Slapping the bass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubetime86
OK, but I don't know if we need to post inaccurate information just because we're assuming the TS is incapable of discerning the truth for himself. I agree that we were being a bit vague and assuming he'd know what we meant, though.

The reason I suggested an octave up (how about we just say that) is because of the synth-like sound it has (most likely because it is a synth.) The cheapest and simplest way to emulate that would be any pitch shifter at all, as they always have a slightly synthy sound to them... Since the lick is fairly high an octave up would be the best choice for that.

I don't really see a point in what he's asking, personally... But he has asked a simple question, and done so politely so I'm just trying to help.

Yes, I wasn't sure if pedals that do an octave up are also called octavers. Usually they do it an octave or two down.

But I think TS needs a wah.

Gear

Charvel So Cal
Ibanez Blazer
Digitech RP355
MXR Micro Chorus
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Hartke HyDrive 210c
MaggaraMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:30 PM   #23
tubetime86
I don't even play guitar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggaraMarine
Yes, I wasn't sure if pedals that do an octave up are also called octavers. Usually they do it an octave or two down.

But I think TS needs a wah.

As usual, a pedal's stated 'type' is rarely an exact indication of what it does. Think about overdrive versus distortion... There aren't set rules for what is what...

I think TS needs to realize that just about any live guitar playing of that little chorus lick is going to sound better than what is on the record and move on... But then again I have no idea what he's trying to accomplish so who knows.
Originally Posted by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
tubetime86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: