Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-24-2013, 01:56 AM   #101
zucky22389

BADASSERY CONFIRMED: Had one helluva day with Eddie- pretty much jammed for 7 straight hours with various buddies playing various styles of music. Can't find a terrible sound. Channel 3 with the Volume at about 2 o'clock resulted in mortar melting off the stone walls and blurry vision (might have been the alcohol). With my 212, it absolutely made a fool of my friends 6505 112 combo, and completely shat on the other guys crate half stack. After some high gain chugging, we settled down and played some jazzy doobie brothers improvisation stuff and Eddie hung right in there. I had to do quite a bit of tweaking in my seat, and the volume jump between channels 1 and 2 was a little annoying, but if I had any complaint at all about the amp, the volume jump is it. Also, it's not backlit. I like lights. Bottom Line: If you are even remotely attracted to the sound of a distorted guitar in any way, you need this amp!
zucky22389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:23 PM   #102
Deadpool_25

**** yeah. I got my second 1x12 cab today. The amp is sooo sick. It sounds amazing just at the "all noon" starting point and gets better from there. I do have to agree about the volume jump issue. They really should fix that in later versions. However, I've completely solved that with my current setup which pretty much makes the amp purrrrfect. /sex

Oh, and I'm getting close to posting a NGD and if I get mine posted before you, I WILL talk shit about you being too lazy to make one.
- Epiphone Bonamassa LP
- Epiphone Dot

Amp
- Tweed Blues Jr. NOS
- Vypyr 60

Last edited by Deadpool_25 : 03-25-2013 at 04:26 PM.
Deadpool_25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:20 PM   #103
zucky22389

Ohh yeahhh mini stack ftw! I'm jealous now that I think about it because that setup would be nice for me! I like to be at least a little mobile and having a 112 to lug around for jamming purposes instead of the hulking orange 212 would be nice! How did you fix the volume jump thing? With your menagerie of pedals? Also, I hear they make a mod to fix it... Don't have any details for you though at the moment. And sorry for being a scrub here, but wtf is a NGD post? I've seen it a few times but have no idea what it means.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:24 PM   #104
Deadpool_25

Omg noob!

NGD = New Gear (or Guitar) Day
NAD = New Amp Day

Etc.

When I select a preset on the M13 it sends a MIDI message that selects the amp channel I want to use with that preset. Within any preset that uses the clean channel I have an EQ (on the M13) set to +6.3 DB. Works like a charm.

Ok now full disclosure: the MIDI actually changes both the amp channel AND the M5 preset. The M5 is where I have the EQ setup, but it'd be the same with just the M13. When I do my NGD I'll put the whole setup in there. The M13 is just badass. The more I use it, the more I love it.

The M13 and M5 are all I'm using right now. All other pedals are gathering dust.
- Epiphone Bonamassa LP
- Epiphone Dot

Amp
- Tweed Blues Jr. NOS
- Vypyr 60

Last edited by Deadpool_25 : 03-25-2013 at 10:25 PM.
Deadpool_25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:59 PM   #105
zucky22389

@Deadpool- I sent you a PM about your M pedals. Thanks
Old 04-23-2013, 11:07 AM   #106
Deadpool_25

Try again, Zucky. I didn't get it.
- Epiphone Bonamassa LP
- Epiphone Dot

Amp
- Tweed Blues Jr. NOS