Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-24-2013, 08:59 PM   #1
xNuno

New Guitar dilema

Hi everyone im in a dilema. I'm gonna buy a new guitar very soon, but i dont know wich one i should buy, i do know it is hard to suggest since it is a matter of a personal opinion and taste but i cant afford to try the guitars and cant afford one above 400$.

But here it goes:

- Fender Squier Classic Vibe Tele 50s

- Ibanez RG471AH-WHF

- Epiphone SG G-400 Pro CH

I use to play rock/blues most, wich of these would be a better choice for quality and live perfomances attending the styles above mentioned?

P:S: i didnt add epiphone les paul types as i was going to buy one and i did had the chance to try it out, but wasnt really that what i was looking for.. i think

Thanks in advance
xNuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:01 PM   #2
ZepJunkie
Strataholic

blues/rock is a HUGE range of tones, care to name some bands?
ZepJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:14 PM   #3
xNuno

Indeed AC/DC, Eagles, Led Zepplin, Aerosmith, ZZ top, Lynyrd Skynyrd, SRV, Allman brothers and so on, i don't intended to play exactly "as", know what i mean? But to get a good balanced guitar that can handle the job and keeping the average quality.
xNuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:38 PM   #4
ZepJunkie
Strataholic

Epiphone les paul pro II. They're beautiful, comes with burstbuckers, and coil taps, so you can get close to that eagles/srv tone with the right pedals. It nails none of those sounds, but gets close to all of them.

But that wasn't what you wanted. The Tele would be fantastic for everything on there except zz top and ac/dc. You can get close to the srv tone with the neck pup, but there isnt that 2/4 position that a strat has. All of zep one and a good portion of the rest of the albums was on a tele

Last edited by ZepJunkie : 01-24-2013 at 09:41 PM.
ZepJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: