Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-23-2013, 09:34 AM   #1
bdof

Question So I finally got my Superior Drummer 2.0 in the mail! But..............

So Iíve run into a problem when installing (or overseeing the installation) of my newly arrived SD2.0 software on my new Laptop with Windows 8.

Before installation even began, we had an E drive error right from the get go that didnít allow us to use the apparent video instructions. So we had to do everything it seemed manually, using tons of trial & error.

After almost 3 hours of troubleshooting, we finally were able to get to the point where we have the HUD up and running, but now itís undetermined how to load the Sound files/clips, or if we do already have them loaded, find them anywhere under the SD/Toontrack/EZDrummer/etc. folders.

Iíve looked up on the forums for Toontracks, but I donít see anything thatís quite like my problem. Itíd also be helpful if they had a hotline for maintenance issues, but I donít see one on their website.

Has ANYONE experienced an issue similar to this? Whether you have or have not, does anyone know how to help me troubleshoot this?

EDIT: I'm using a PC btw...

Last edited by bdof : 01-23-2013 at 04:39 PM.
bdof is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:30 PM   #2
maggot9779
UG's Saint Nicduck

Go to Settings and click Add Path to Library and point it to your Superior Drummer 2\SL-Avatar folder.

Last.fm

Steam
maggot9779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:36 PM   #3
bdof

That's what we did last night I believe. But when I click Superior Drummer 2.0/SL-Avatar/Sounds.....there's nothing in there

EDIT: I'm at home from work with my laptop right now if anyone can PLEASE help me with this

Last edited by bdof : 01-23-2013 at 04:38 PM.
bdof is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:26 PM   #4
Keskimaki
Grating & Dividing

Erghh... This is something I've come across twice updating my home-studio PC (and reinstalling SD2 in the process).

It's that kind of thing you spend a frustrating amount of time to get right and once you figure it out, it turned to be platantly obvious. It really makes you feel like a dumbass each time you have forgotten it and have to go through it again.

It was something to do with the whole "Add path to library" thingie. I think one has to determine the set as "N.Y. Avatar" first from the library drop-menu. Then adding the SD directory to it.

Hope this helps.

The Great Divide @ soundcloud
Keskimaki is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: