Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-26-2013, 08:55 PM   #21
guitarbeero

oh wait i just saw your vid and your hair metal band is obv a zz top kinda hair band as in hairy beard band
guitarbeero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:57 PM   #22
guitarbeero

damn thats nice man,,,,haha i feel like giving up now...ill be 50-60 before i get to that level only in my 20s as well still to old
Old 03-26-2013, 08:59 PM   #23
awesomo41894

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarbeero
15 fukin hell i may as well give up already lol im way older and i suck compared to you..lol

u must get all the pussy with your hair metal band aite

haha actually not really, our singer is pretty bad.......last show we played half the set with him unplugged, and it was great! haha then he found out, and he plugged himself in, and it was like OH NO! BUT in WI finding a good band is almost impossible, where ALL the members are solid haha BUT i try. Im hoping one day i can do something with guitar.

and haha no its a full on 80s glam band like motley crue, i just dont shave outside of gigs haha Our set is originals plus a priest cover haha

PS: The bands name is muscle of love haha

Last edited by awesomo41894 : 03-26-2013 at 09:02 PM.
awesomo41894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:01 PM   #24
awesomo41894

AND ALSO, ur never too old to play guitar, never give up man!
Old 03-26-2013, 09:05 PM   #25
guitarbeero

ye but sometimes i get a big ego and think im great then i see kids play like that and im overly humbled and crawl back in my bed in early retirement and trade my guitar for my control pad again lol.

You know just for one minute there i thought ha maybe i can still be the next best thing, the next jimmy hendrix, i still got some years, I can do it..Ill go live and the people will spill there drinks in awe of the legendary guitar playing....so i get all excited and eager to practice a little bit more and then BOOM reality hits me when some kid when 15 already plays another level to me hahaha....

Ah well...I can at least be the best at guitar at any parties i go to most likely lol
Old 03-26-2013, 09:09 PM   #26
awesomo41894

Honestly man, to make it in music, u have to have an ego. I try to keep myself grounded, mainly for the same reason. Whenever i feel like im good, i find some 5 year old on youtube that can just pwn me and im like, back to practicing! But in my musical journey, ive learned that to me, idc anymore if people are better than me, i just play music i wanna hear. if other people wanna hear it, thats good, if not oh well. I play to express myself. If i have a shitty day, maybe ill play SRV. If i have a great day, maybe a motley crue party song. who knows haha Music is SO much more than technique, its almost a lifestyle. haha I think im just lucky i started when i was REALLY young, I started at like 7 years old, and i was practicing a lot by age 12. I STILL think i kinda suck. BUT thats the only way u improve. I prolly play guitar about 3 or 4 hours a day still, but it gets harder with work and other stuff. But in the long run man, never give up, and play for YOU. U can never go wrong.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:15 PM   #27
guitarbeero

yes i get that aspect to i will always play and make music for fun, relaxation, inspiration or whatever reason I just mean sometimes when i play and lsiten to myself i think Wow I must be almost as good as Jimmy Hnedrix now?
Then yeh some 2 year old kid is in a pram sucking a dummy or his mummys tits and playing Voodoo Chile with his toes and your like ok i shall dream on lol.

Its the same with soccer man Im long past the age of making it in soccer which is cut of my 16-18. Yet sometimes I go to park and think u know what I am pretty fkin good I have great skills I should be a proffesional but reality is I would suck agaisn tthe pros lol.

And yes i agree i dont compare whos beter or not it not a compettion for isntance someone who is not as skilled at guitar may still make an enjoyabel tune to listen to and someone very skilled may kjill it being OTT.

So nice music is nice music.

I only compare when I get big ego and realise im not that good there are loadsa better gusy so dont get carried away with your silly dream ego.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:19 PM   #28
awesomo41894

yeah, but at the same time, music is something where anyone can make it. Theres a kid that lives around my area, and hes not really any good at guitar, but he makes TONS of money. And theres 10000s of people like that.........i mean look at pop stars haha
I think in a way, making it in music is a dream, but in others, it IS possible, it just takes luck, and a ton of marketing (which ik nothing of, haha even 99% of the people in my town dont know i can even play guitar, and all i DO is make music. Well, that and work in a shitty restaurant haha)
Old 03-26-2013, 09:22 PM   #29
guitarbeero

ah ye i guess when it comes to making famous or money its not always the ones who are that skilled just they have something, looks, ego, aggresion or whatever,,,eg rolling stones etc i think they sucked muscially when tey started they werent very skilled etc...
Old 03-26-2013, 09:23 PM   #30
awesomo41894

yeah i agree, thats just how the music business is. All us non famous musicians can do is keep trying ig. If u ever have any questions about guitar, just shoot me a message. Ive taught guitar for a while now, i can prolly help out. I dont know everything, but i can usually give some guidance. And whenever u redo voodoo chile lemme know
Old 03-26-2013, 09:27 PM   #31
guitarbeero

yeh thanks man i will u are only 18? u been playing for about 10 years also...

I added u as freind man
Old 03-26-2013, 09:30 PM   #32
awesomo41894

Yeah man, im only 18, im gonna be 19 on april 18. and i accepted the friend request. I started guitar VERY VERY young haha. Id say that honestly though, ive only been practicing heavily since 12, so only around 6 or 7 years. Im completely self taught as well. I taught myself music theory a few years back, it opened so many doors for me. that, and REALLY working on my vibrato.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:33 PM   #33
guitarbeero

ah right i might do a bit more theory i guess it helps work ur way around the fretboard etc..
Old 03-26-2013, 09:36 PM   #34
awesomo41894

yeah a bit. What i found it useful for is just understanding how music functions. Why certain notes sound good. BUT tbh, i dont always think very hard about what i play, i just kinda wing it sometimes. haha I will prolly never play something the same twice.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:41 PM   #35
guitarbeero

yeh i know sometimes theory was making me think to much about what im doin gwhich is great for maybe making composiitons and movie soundtracks lol but for a quick solo or jam being raw is better for me
Old 03-26-2013, 09:46 PM   #36
awesomo41894

Yeah man, thats the way to go. I think more so than theory, ur ear is the key. If u can hear what u think a kcikass solo would be, u can play it. Just work on translating what u hear in ur head, to what u play. Also, never use tabs (Well, not NEVER, but rarely). I almost never use a tab, unless its something super crazy. Even then, i like to push myself. and anyways, im gonna be getting off here for tonight, PM me man! gimme ur email address or a link to ur facebook or something so we can talk more. Also, do u have skype? we could jam over that eventually. I find playing with other people is a REALLY easy way to get better.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:49 PM   #37
guitarbeero

ha sometiems when i lie in bed or sleeep i play lead over tracks in my brain completley unique tracks and lead guitar and it is liek amazing would be famous its so good But

when i wake or just try to think about it i cannot make the music,.

How weird is that that my brian will create unique new music and guitar playing yet when i consiously try to take it from my brain and create it on the guitar i cant do it or cant remember it well enough or mix of both...so annoying.

My brain makes amazing new music,

i always use tab for looking up chords etc lol..im bad for it i suck at not using tab...

yeh ill add u on soemthing nite man
Old 03-26-2013, 09:50 PM   #38
guitarbeero

like even right now i can make some cool licks and stuff in my brain but it would take me a while to make it on guitar.

but in my dreams i hav efull on 15-30minute jams lol..cant remember all of it and if i did would take about 6 months to transcribe.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:03 PM   #39
guitarbeero

major bump

found this one i made years ago also

thoughts? can i be a pro player!!!

https://soundcloud.com/jk23777/black-magic-solo

Rate This Thread: