Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 08-15-2013, 05:21 PM   #1
Faretsi

(GP5) Ambient/shoegaze/prog/djent/drugs C4C

Hey guys! Here's a new tab. It is very minimalistic in the sense that it will sound very different when played live / on a record due to the amount of layers, ambience and probably sheer noise that I didn't try to emulate on GP. So, I only wrote the 'core' of the song. Oh yeah, vocals will do a huge trick on this song.

So yeah, C4C and shiz, you know the drill. What do you think?

me
Attached Files
File Type: zip Supospardo.zip (9.2 KB, 200 views)

Last edited by Faretsi : 08-15-2013 at 05:23 PM.
Faretsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:12 PM   #2
pAWNlol
master of the diddly-doo

i dig the progginess and the predominant happy tonality, but this is dreadfully repetitive. seriously, i skipped half of it because of how much it repeated

i get that the vocals will add some variation, but variation in the instruments is almost nonexistent. some of the riffs would sound pretty cool if they werent overplayed so damn much
pAWNlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:41 PM   #3
Guitar0player
UG's derby Spike

Quote:
Originally Posted by pAWNlol
i dig the progginess and the predominant happy tonality, but this is dreadfully repetitive. seriously, i skipped half of it because of how much it repeated

i get that the vocals will add some variation, but variation in the instruments is almost nonexistent. some of the riffs would sound pretty cool if they werent overplayed so damn much

Since it's djent imitating noise induced shoegaze drone metal I dont think much variation is really needed. These are genres that are meant for soundscaping rather than variations in the melody itself.

At first I was like DAMN THIS IS LONG, then I was like HOLY SHIT A CHANGE! Around bar 40 or so.

Over all the song is beautiful, I guess that a live version would sound better but it is also good like this.

At some points it sounded very Porcupine Tree ish.

The over all layering was also very nice, how all the instruments came to gather to form one big sound.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:34 PM   #4
Faretsi

Thanks for listening, guys! And yeah, I agree with what Guitar0player said. It definitely is not something fit for a radio format and I had no intentions to fit this song in one, either. The song is a stream of consciousness of sorts.
Faretsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:54 PM   #5
amonamarthmetal

How is this even remotely prog or djent? It dragged out to much for my taste.
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
amonamarthmetal is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: