Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old Yesterday, 03:59 PM   #3441
Wormholes
i love your wall

I wonder what they'll do with the spin off. Is it going to be 100% original or are they just going to have all the scenarios and people in the comics that won't be in the main show. I hope it's not as boring and more action and ****ed up people and less "family values" bullshit.
Wormholes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:06 PM   #3442
metal4eva_22
Craazy Daay

I'm p sure all the content in the comics has been on the show, so it'll likely be 100% original content. And I hope they focus more on the ****ed up people too. That's the best part of the whole series.
metal4eva_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:07 PM   #3443
GuitarGod_92
the Succubus Queen

I had like twenty heart attacks watching that finale cuz of all the Glenn scenes.

He's tied for my favorite character with Daryl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suckersdream
I'll suck your dick
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali.guitarkid7
"Everything sucks" - GuitarGod_92, 2014

<3 eastwinn <3
GuitarGod_92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:30 PM   #3444
Oyface
UG's pimping owl

Pretty sure they said the spinoff would have nothing to do with the comics or the show.

EDIT: Except for being in the same universe and such, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesmellspoo
if you took a bite out of an ebola patient, you'd probably end up with ebola.

Oyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:57 PM   #3445
hurricane0202
Banned

I kinda wish they would have killed of Daryl just to show hes not untouchable. I mean come on he just walked through that horde of zombies and not a single zombie tried to touch him.
hurricane0202 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:12 PM   #3446
SGstriker
ANuStart

It's because he appears to have not showered at all in 5 seasons. He is the Walking Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.
SGstriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:09 PM   #3447
CodeMonk
UG's Old Fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGstriker
It's because he appears to have not showered at all in 5 seasons. He is the Walking Dead

Well, in I think season 2, while they were looking for Sophia, he fell down some hill and into a river.
Or near a river.

Overall I liked the episode.
Reg had "future corpse" written all over him.
Pete was just too much of a dick to be allowed to live.

Now I'm wondering if Glenn got bitten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dementiacaptain
I'm sorry that we won't validate your decision, we give advice here, not good feelings.

My friends call me Rob.
CodeMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:20 PM   #3448
Shredx
Inuendo King

Well kudos to the writers who seemed to turn the later few episodes to places I didn't see happening. Although thought the Wolves would come into play a little more during the finale. and there was deffo suspence re daryl and glen, Whilst I was expecting about 3 main character deaths for some reason.

+'s:
cool rick scene at the end
Morgan finding everyone
potential for next season

-'s:
didn't pan out or feel like a finale
Nicholas/Gabriel are still about

https://benpinkusmusic.bandcamp.com/album/to-the-sky

Gear:
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Schecter C7 Blackjack
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Bugera 333XL
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Shredx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:34 PM   #3449
chev311e
Will do moose stuff for $

I thought for sure Daryl was gonna die, saw someone on facebook post that before I watched the episode so i'm glad that didn't happen just so it wasn't spoiled. Overall though I would have liked more crazy shit to happen. The glenn and daryl scenes were intense but thought it was kinda unbelievable, especially for glenn, for them to survive.

also I'm confused about the scene at the end where they showed the two 'wolves' slitting that guys throat and luring the zombies back to the trailors... they looked like the two guys that morgan ****ed up in the beginning, but I guess I assumed they died and now they are alive? unless im wrong and it was just two different people.

chev311e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:49 PM   #3450
Shredx
Inuendo King

^ I assumed they were the guys morgan left in the car.

Whilst they were freaky (from their exposition thought latter S5 and the finale) having them fooled that easily by a man and a staff does negate their overall threat a little imo - (although I dont know what this group really become in the comics etc)

Speaking of the comics and my limited knolwedge of them, I'm gonna call Negan being introduced 1/2 way through S6 sporadically a la morgan this season, to set him up as big bad right at the end of S6/all of S7?

https://benpinkusmusic.bandcamp.com/album/to-the-sky

Gear:
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Schecter C7 Blackjack
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Bugera 333XL
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Shredx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:13 AM   #3451
metal4eva_22
Craazy Daay

The Wolves weren't in the comic, FYI, unless they are
show

And I would assume the writers of TWD to drag out as much minor shit as they can. Gotta ride that money train as long as you can, bro.

I'm really resentful of the writers of this season because Negan is the only interesting thing that happens after Alexandria. And Negan is just awesome all the way through. But I guess so far nothing interesting has happened since

show
Old Today, 12:44 AM   #3452
gonzaw
UG's Secret Agent

The pacing is fine.
My problem was mostly that the treatment of the Wolves is almost exactly like the ones from Terminus. You slowly introduce them as a mystery for a season/half a season, and show them as antagonists in the finale. But then the next season they get killed in 1-2 episodes and we forget about them.
Seems like they'll go with this route. I mean, the "wolves" are just 2 dudes who got schooled by basically unarmed-Morgan. You gonna tell me psycho-Rick won't be able to handle them in more than 2 seconds?
That makes it more predictible, and makes you go "Just show them already". I.e the clifhanger about them isn't as satisfying. Either introduce them as threats explicitely, or don't introduce them and focus on other parts of the story.

But the pacing of the show, otherwise, is fine. Initially I thought it was going to be a little quicker, like Rick vs Pete thing happening 1-2 episodes ago and dealing with the Wolves in the finale.
I think that would have been much better, specially for the story about "weak Alexandrians vs strong Rick group". You have Alexandria finally getting assaulted by dangerous guys, basically proving Rick right and Deanna wrong, and after the Wolves get dealt with (or after they are encountered if they linger for more episodes), the Rick vs Deanna conflict would be resolved. That would be a good finale, since you build up this conflict and resolve it in a satisfying manner in the finale. Right now, the Rick vs Deanna thing is still on hold. Sure, Deanna proved Rick "right" in a way by asking him to kill Pete, but not really. Rick is still a crazy man in the eyes of Alexandrians going about how they are not "safe" and whatever.

But well, it's fine either way. You guys (and all of the internet) are going way too fast.

It'd be like asking the GoT showrunners to show the Red Wedding in the season 1 finale

Last edited by gonzaw : Today at 12:49 AM.
gonzaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:56 AM   #3453
Vermillionpart2
lava lamps though

Quote:
Originally Posted by chev311e
also I'm confused about the scene at the end where they showed the two 'wolves' slitting that guys throat and luring the zombies back to the trailors... they looked like the two guys that morgan ****ed up in the beginning, but I guess I assumed they died and now they are alive? unless im wrong and it was just two different people.

After they attacked him, he put them in the backseat of a car, and then honked the horn for a few seconds, which I assumed was to call walkers to the area and finish them off.

1. Click link.
2. Like a few videos.
3. Friend/Sub me.
3. ???
4. Profit (for me, of course).

Vermillionpart2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:11 AM   #3454
metal4eva_22
Craazy Daay

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzaw
Either introduce them as threats explicitely, or don't introduce them and focus on other parts of the story.

Quote:
But the pacing of the show, otherwise, is fine.

As you say, Rick should have dealt with Pete much sooner. In the comics what was it, 2 issues with the whole Pete arc, one where it was introduced halfway through and one where it was ended halfway through? Hardly enough to justify a whole half season on. I mean, shit, pick up the pace. The show is so slow.

I get that they don't want to be the next Game of Thrones where they've caught up to the original story and don't really know where to go, but I mean ****en shit guys.

Rate This Thread: