User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-31-2013, 11:33 PM   #561
Elintasokas
Registered Wild Boar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinEcnelis
Hey guys, brand new to the forums and I am digging everything I see with the different discussions and information provided on this site! I have been playing guitar for three years now and would like any critiques or information that would help me take my guitar playing to a new level. I have never taken a lesson or learned any theory just messed around with different chords and guitar tabs. I am not sure how to embed stuff so I am just gonna throw the link in.

Well start learning theory then! It can be tedious, but it's very rewarding in the end and helps you understand why certian things work or don't work in music. You seem to be stuck in that one pentatonic shape.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:46 PM   #562
kylepianoman
UG's Scaly Man Fish

Hey guys! Just started writing this piece the other day and wanted some feedback/constructive criticism. This is just a midi demo because a couple parts are tricky for me at the moment but planning to record a final version once I have everything down tight. It's a instrumental/acoustic type piece.

soundcloud link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal58
Cats don't think. They plot.

Catch me on FLICKR
Proud owner of a beautiful PRS P22
kylepianoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 05:10 PM   #563
RonaldPoe

Hi I'm Ronald Poe and I currently write electronic music and play guitar/bass. Anyway I was curious if anyone would critique my song, "Enraged Legend". I've been told it's one of my best and actually pretty good. It's a tribute to Broly (DBZ) but I wrote it myself (only incorporated a little bit of his themes on occasion and got them wrong).

Song can be found here
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/565086

Please give me your opinions on it. Just be polite but honest (if you find problems, tell me nicely and I will listen). Have a nice day people.

Crash! from "Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World" (I'm a fan of that movie). Also he was referring to Wallace, Scott's gay roommate.
RonaldPoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:03 AM   #564
cha33 armstrong
in it to win it

Can someone help me out?

Ive been writing an instrumental song its going to be indie/alternative but with a rocker/greaser chord progression, what i need help with is the chords.

The progression is I-III-V-VI and its key it G so the chords are G-Bm-D-Em which is fine and sounds good

I just want to spice it up be adding new chord variations i dont know, the chords i know are the basics, the barre chords, the 7th chords

Can anyone help with chord suggestions?
Old 06-05-2014, 09:15 PM   #565
slap-a-bass
Slapper of the bass

hello everyone, here's a metal song ive written. can i get some critique on it?

https://soundcloud.com/slapabass/therekkoning
slap-a-bass is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: