Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Classic Rock
User Name  
Password
Search:

Closed Thread
Old 11-27-2012, 06:45 PM   #1
MooseMoore
Banned

Happy Birthday Jimi Hendrix

Jimi Hendrix stretched the boundaries of Blues, Rock
and the electric guitar in a way no other artist really had before
him in his twenty seven years of life and to this day his abilities combined
with his artistry sets a standard that few guitarists have been able to
come close to since.

In celebration of a guitar master and icon.

Birthday playlist with hours of Live Video spanning his career
http://classicbluesvideos.com/video...ay+Jimi+Hendrix

Full Concert of Hendrix in Stockholm, Sweden in 1969
http://classicbluesvideos.com/video...%20Conce rt%29

Full Concert in Maui, Hawaii in 1970
http://classicbluesvideos.com/video...ll%20Concert%29

"Music doesn't lie. If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can only happen through music." - Jimi Hendrix
MooseMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:39 AM   #2
maximushyrule

RIP jimi
maximushyrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:05 PM   #3
theguy88

Jimi Hendrix, you will always be remembered!
theguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:00 PM   #4
ConcertShooter
Banned

Hendrix. The most overrated guitar player of all time.

Drug abuser, heroin addict, died with a needle in his arm. Yeah, I want to be like him. NOT! SRV was traveling down that road and turned his life around. He's a guitarist I'd emulate.

The music industry, at least prior to the Internet, was controlled (and still is within their system) by a tribal cabal\mafia that puts their own $elfi$h intere$t$ first. The musician and music are merely a means to an end and a second thought with no emphasis on quality or substance. At least in this day and time. They use musicians until they self-destruct or their popularity wanes then find another 'New Kid' to promote in their controlled media with which to make millions until he too is used up or offs himself.

They control the media which creates the trends in music and other areas of pop (phoney) culture (fashion, food, and even the thoughts and ideas you think if you let them have such influence) that the herd follows without the first critical thought of why they're following. It's what herds do. It's their nature and I don't blame the herd for acting as a herd. I blame the parasites and destroyers of civilization whose God is money and power, and nothing more. They see countries and people as a commodity to be used, abused, and thrown away when their usefulness and money are no more.

Many musicians have come and gone that have seen through the charade. Some destroyed themselves because of it (Kurt Cobain) and others have thrived (Roger Waters) and given that cabal the big middle finger. I'm sure most of you can name many more than I, but I don't keep up with it all.

I don't own a television and would suggest that if you really want to hone your creativity that you rid your home of all televisions. And I don't buy their magazines either. Whatever information you truly need can all be gotten for free online.

You can get audio\video and watch lessons and concerts on your computer. Television is nothing but one big mind f*ck and tool of mass programming. Break free and be your own man or woman. Own your thoughts and ideas and don't rent them from those who seek your destruction. Think critically and ask why.

You'll be a better person and musician for it. Flame away if you must, but ponder the substance of my post please.

Last edited by ConcertShooter : 12-23-2012 at 05:04 PM.
ConcertShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:19 AM   #5
ZepJunkie
Strataholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcertShooter

Drug abuser, heroin addict, died with a needle in his arm. Yeah, I want to be like him. NOT! SRV was traveling down that road and turned his life around. He's a guitarist I'd emulate.

The music industry, at least prior to the Internet, was controlled (and still is within their system) by a tribal cabal\mafia that puts their own $elfi$h intere$t$ first. The musician and music are merely a means to an end and a second thought with no emphasis on quality or substance. At least in this day and time. They use musicians until they self-destruct or their popularity wanes then find another 'New Kid' to promote in their controlled media with which to make millions until he too is used up or offs himself.

They control the media which creates the trends in music and other areas of pop (phoney) culture (fashion, food, and even the thoughts and ideas you think if you let them have such influence) that the herd follows without the first critical thought of why they're following. It's what herds do. It's their nature and I don't blame the herd for acting as a herd. I blame the parasites and destroyers of civilization whose God is money and power, and nothing more. They see countries and people as a commodity to be used, abused, and thrown away when their usefulness and money are no more.

Many musicians have come and gone that have seen through the charade. Some destroyed themselves because of it (Kurt Cobain) and others have thrived (Roger Waters) and given that cabal the big middle finger. I'm sure most of you can name many more than I, but I don't keep up with it all.

I don't own a television and would suggest that if you really want to hone your creativity that you rid your home of all televisions. And I don't buy their magazines either. Whatever information you truly need can all be gotten for free online.

You can get audio\video and watch lessons and concerts on your computer. Television is nothing but one big mind f*ck and tool of mass programming. Break free and be your own man or woman. Own your thoughts and ideas and don't rent them from those who seek your destruction. Think critically and ask why.

You'll be a better person and musician for it. Flame away if you must, but ponder the substance of my post please.

I hope you step on a lego in the dark.
ZepJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:27 PM   #6
Peaceful Rocker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcertShooter

lol.

He didnt die from heroin. Makes your entire post looks really, really stupid.

edit, even you take that part out.. your post sucks I like my TV.

Last edited by Peaceful Rocker : 01-05-2013 at 12:29 PM.
Peaceful Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:37 PM   #7
BrainDamage
Knirps for moisture

We're only five days into 2013, but that may just be the post of the year

***CLOSED***

Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
BrainDamage is offline   Reply With Quote
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread: