Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-26-2012, 07:52 PM   #1
swashbuckle50

2 songs, Doom/Death/Indie with vocals *C4C*

https://soundcloud.com/owl-band

Each Wish Resigned is a pretty straight up doom song, I am pretty happy with the way it turned out

Ache I made today from start to finish. I kind of wanted a Wintersleep feel to the lighter parts.

Let me know what you think, I will crit back in a timely fashion.
swashbuckle50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:42 PM   #2
JB95
I like taco

I'm not too familiar with this genre, but as guy who enjoys metal I hope I can give some critique.
First of all, the reverb on the drums (snare drum particularly) is set way too high if that's worth pointing out. Maybe the sound of playing behind the kit in a huge hall is the sound you wish to achieve, but in my opinion the drums with less reverb could fit better in the mix especially at 2:10.
In "Each Wish Resigned" the volume level changes are very sudden. Maybe as a part of the genre you intend to make the transition unpleasant for the unexperienced listener at 1:00 , but I don't know. I think there should at least be some sort of fade-in action going on before the vocals kick in.
The mix apart from the snare with overkill reverb sound really good, so good job on that.

C4C? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1579524
JB95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:56 PM   #3
swashbuckle50

Thanks for the crit, I am definitely trying to achieve the drums in a massive hall sound haha. The abrasiveness of the volume changes is done on purpose as well... all for an uncomfortable atmosphere.
swashbuckle50 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: