Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Bass Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-24-2013, 07:19 PM   #1
bass89man

Traben and BC Rich

Does anybody have any info on the 5 string Havoc John Moyer signature Black Vapor bass by Traben? I see that B.C. Rich has it for sale now because it has been discontinued by Traben. I happen to have the original Traben bass but i can't find any info on it online. I was thinking about selling it but i don't even know how much something like that would go for now since i can't even find this guitar on ebay unless it has the B.C. Rich logo on it. Does anybody know where i could get some more information on this?
bass89man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:35 PM   #2
Deliriumbassist
UG's only DB

Deliriumbassist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:44 PM   #3
Tostitos
Got Mead?

FWIW the BC Rich version is the same as the Traben version. The parent company that owns BC Rich (Hanser Holdings International) also owns Traben, and they just moved "production" over to BC Rich when Trabens started disappearing off of shelves a while back.

Spector and Markbass

DeviantART
Crevado
Tostitos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:04 PM   #4
bass89man

I thought that was the case but i'm still wondering if the Traben version carries any more value since it is the original and has the Traben logo on the headstock. I can't find it anywhere online with the Traben logo anymore, only the B.C. Rich.
bass89man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:46 PM   #5
FatalGear41
Battle Beagle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bass89man
I thought that was the case but i'm still wondering if the Traben version carries any more value since it is the original and has the Traben logo on the headstock. I can't find it anywhere online with the Traben logo anymore, only the B.C. Rich.

Not yet, at any rate. Traben basses (the ones without the grossly oversized chrome plated bridge-and-pickguard combination) are very good basses; especially for the money. I've got a Traben Chaos Obsession 4-string, and it is still one of my favorite basses to play. I haven't seen a Traben in a shop in over a year, and they haven't updated their website much since before then. As already said, the B.C. Rich John Moyer Havoc is the same bass as the original Traben. The discontinued Traben is highly unlikely to become a collector's item.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz91
DAMNIT FATALGEAR YOU RUINED MUH FLOW!
FatalGear41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: