Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Acoustic & Classical Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-03-2013, 02:58 PM   #1
McSneak

Help With Buying Guitar

Hello there, I've now been looking for an acoustic guitar for several months, and I've been testing quite a few guitars but I feel like I've run into a wall and might need some guidance to finally chose one.
I live in Sweden where guitars costs quite a lot more than in the US so that's something to consider.
My budget would be around 1700USD (11000 Swedish kronor) that would be with shipping fees and such.
I am also open to buying a used instrument and pretty much open to any model.
The ones I've tried and loved would be the martin d15m, taylor 310 and I found a used gibson Sheryl Crow in excellent condition that I really enjoyed playing.
Another very interesting candidate would be perhaps getting a used guild d-40 as a new one blows my budget away but as there are none for a good price in Sweden used I'd have to order it from the US.

All input appreciated.

Last edited by McSneak : 02-03-2013 at 03:00 PM.
McSneak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:59 AM   #2
Jaysin

If you can, try to get a hold of a Cole Clark Fat Lady. They are easily half the price of the Martin but JUST as good. I've played plenty of Martins and Taylors and I strummed my Fat Lady 2 once and knew this was the guitar I was looking. Buying a guitar online can be a risk because the same model guitars even sound different to each other.

Good luck
Jaysin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:54 PM   #3
patticake
Acoustic Goddess

a cole clark fat lady in sweden for $1700? that would surprise me, but i definitely agree that cole clarks sound great.

McSneak, can you get eastman or blueridge guitars in sweden?
patticake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:08 PM   #4
McSneak

Quote:
Originally Posted by patticake
a cole clark fat lady in sweden for $1700? that would surprise me, but i definitely agree that cole clarks sound great.

McSneak, can you get eastman or blueridge guitars in sweden?

I've seen several blueridge ones down at the local store, but no eastmans. Any particular guitars you could recommend?
Oh I've seen one cole clark model I think it was called cole clark fat lady fl1a, it did not cost too much if I remember correctly but I never tried it.
Edit: I also remember a cole clark fl2a that was new that I could afford, but I did not play that either. Perhaps I should go back and do it.

Last edited by McSneak : 02-04-2013 at 07:17 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:42 PM   #5
patticake
Acoustic Goddess

definitely try any cole clarks. they sound really good. can't you find a used d15m where you are? they're only $1200 new here. for that matter, maybe you can get one shipped to you - even if it costs a couple hundred for shipping, it's still within your price range. you might want to talk to ted at laguitarsales and see what he'd charge to ship it to you http://www.laguitarsales.com/pages/..._D-15M_1499.htm
patticake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:54 AM   #6
Jaysin

[QUOTE=Oh I've seen one cole clark model I think it was called cole clark fat lady fl1a, it did not cost too much if I remember correctly but I never tried it.
Edit: I also remember a cole clark fl2a that was new that I could afford, but I did not play that either. Perhaps I should go back and do it.[/QUOTE]

I have the FL2AC and its a monster. It has huge attack and sustain. I also added an O-Port and it difference in tone is substantial.

Go give them a listen - I'm sure you'll be impressed.
Jaysin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:38 AM   #7
progdude93
Banned

Quote:
definitely try any cole clarks. they sound really good. can't you find a used d15m where you are? they're only $1200 new here. for that matter, maybe you can get one shipped to you - even if it costs a couple hundred for shipping, it's still within your price range. you might want to talk to ted at laguitarsales and see what he'd charge to ship it to you http://www.laguitarsales.com/pages/..._D-15M_1499.htm

I'm not expert in international shipping, but what about VAT and customs fees? IIRC, VAT would make it prohibitively expensive.
progdude93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:44 AM   #8
McSneak

Quote:

I can get the d15m for around 1200 euro here. After taxes that d15m would be quite expensive. Add around 33.4% on the price + 100-200 usd for shipping.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:11 PM   #9
McSneak

Hm what do you guys think about the Larrivee lv-09 and martin d-28/35 I might raise the budge a couple of hundred and buy one of those used instead.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:10 AM   #10
progdude93
Banned

Larrivees are incredible.
progdude93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: