Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old Today, 03:51 PM   #19941
Dreadnought
Star-Splitter

So today was the first team workout for our team competing in this, and it was six 1-mile intervals. I chose a place near the water that was a somewhat difficult, moderately hilly 1 mile route. It was a mile for time, then a 2 minute rest, and repeat 5 more times. My mile times were:

1) 6:05
2) 6:05
3) 6:30
4) 6:30
5) 6:40
6) 6:25

It was pretty tough. This type of cardio training is definitely a weakness of mine, as I was near the back of the group on this but was near the front (tied for 2nd) when we did the 5 mile run immediately followed by 5 mile ruck for the tryouts.
Old Today, 04:52 PM   #19942
Life Is Brutal
Master of Modulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by angusfan16
Two day IF is working out kinda nicely. This is third week and I've already noticed some changes. Getting really close to my goal now, only took 35 weeks of cutting

I had to stop my two day IF because I got sick with a cold, and not eating with a cold would just make it last longer. Should be picking it back up this Monday.

Also, when approaching max 1RM for deadlift, which is more important to keep straight? Lower, or upper back? I've been trying to get my form optimized, so I've switched to a stance that uses more of the queues in this article. http://bretcontreras.com/the-keys-t...nger-deadlifts/

Mainly maintaining vertical shins and sitting back more in the lift for better lockout leverage. My upper back rounds a bit but I try to keep my lower as stable as possible.
Old Today, 05:01 PM   #19943
Dreadnought
Star-Splitter

^ I would say lower back, because that's your leverage point and where most of the torque is. Ergo, highest likelihood for injury.
Old Today, 07:13 PM   #19944
Life Is Brutal
Master of Modulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadnought
^ I would say lower back, because that's your leverage point and where most of the torque is. Ergo, highest likelihood for injury.

Yeah, that's what I thought. But the stance these other dudes were trying to have me learn had really high hips and kept my upper back straight, but my lower rounded pretty hard which I didn't like at all. The dude who took this stance also rounded his lower back and he seemed to have trouble with lockouts at higher weights. We only went up to 365lbs, but he failed his single and I got it, so;

And I just did some torque analysis on which produces the most strain, having your lower back rounded will create a longer lever for the force which means you're more likely to hurt something. Upper back rounding reduces the length of the lever considerably so it seems to be better. I don't know how much the average lower/upper back rounding is, but assuming they're the same angle then the torque is less with a rounded upper back.
Old Today, 07:22 PM   #19945
TheChaz
The Pit circa 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life Is Brutal
I had to stop my two day IF because I got sick with a cold, and not eating with a cold would just make it last longer. Should be picking it back up this Monday.

Also, when approaching max 1RM for deadlift, which is more important to keep straight? Lower, or upper back? I've been trying to get my form optimized, so I've switched to a stance that uses more of the queues in this article. http://bretcontreras.com/the-keys-t...nger-deadlifts/

Mainly maintaining vertical shins and sitting back more in the lift for better lockout leverage. My upper back rounds a bit but I try to keep my lower as stable as possible.

The upper back rounding isn't a huge issue. It's going to happen when you've got a few hundred lbs hanging from your arms. Just keep the lower back flat. Keeping your head up helps to maintain a flatter back throughout the lift.
TheChaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: