User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 05-01-2015, 03:01 PM   #64281
beadhangingOne
Gnomesaiyan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossenrot
Pedophilia, kidnapping, and rape are already illegal, marriage regulations notwithstanding. As for age of consent, states define that too.

Beat me to it.

su nioJ
su nioJ
su nioJ

Welcome back!
beadhangingOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 06:27 PM   #64282
Bubonic Chronic
Your bucket 'o love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djaydjay
The "thing of the children" is used at pretty much every discussion I have around same sex marriage... But strangely enough, none of the people using that argument ever said anything against single mothers/fathers

And what about if one of your parents dies?

"Sorry, your Pop's dead. Off to the orphanage!"

Bubonic Chronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 11:05 AM   #64283
Ur all $h1t
Has an erection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djaydjay
"we have no valid, so let's play the "victim" card"
That's all I could think of while watching that video. I can't see how that could convince anyone... but it would maybe bring those who are already against it to actually go vote

The "thing of the children" is used at pretty much every discussion I have around same sex marriage... But strangely enough, none of the people using that argument ever said anything against single mothers/fathers

I think it's probably a dangerously effective advert for them.

If you think about how a soft Yes voter might feel. You've got someone who maybe doesn't really feel all that comfortable about "the gays"; will say things like "I just don't like the flaming one", "I just don't like when they're all in-your-face about it", and "Ya they're grand, just don't kiss in front of me like". There's no shortage of those.

Some of them will be convinced by adverts like this, "The gays have all of the powerful groups on their side, they're shouting down any dissent. We're oppressed, you're oppressed".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubonic Chronic
And what about if one of your parents dies?

"Sorry, your Pop's dead. Off to the orphanage!"

In Ireland they kind of did that.

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Ur all $h1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 09:12 AM   #64284
Fat Lard
💯

American Hero Rand Paul Banters Off the Patriot Act by Pulling a Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~
LIGHTNING 2015 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
Fat Lard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:17 PM   #64285
gonzaw
UG's Secret Agent

I've been wondering...

What is the "global conception" of all those conflicts we've all been "outraged" about some time ago, to the point of having twitter wars and shit? Do we all just forget about them until some other "disaster" strikes, which makes us all post blogs and read news for 1-2 months, until we don't give a shit about it anymore?

Do people still care about ISIS for instance? Since the beheading videos stopped airing (or they keep airing and the media doesn't show them), nobody talks about them anymore.
Do people still care about the Ukraine conflict? Planes full of innocent people aren't being destroyed, but that doesn't mean the conflict isn't exactly the same as it was before.
Do people still care about Boko Haram? After those guys kidnapped the little girls there was a huge outrage. Do we have to wait until they kidnap more little girls, and for it to be shown by the media, for us to care again?
Do people still care about the Pakistan war against Al Qaeda? Just because Al Qaeda isn't murdering hundreds of children at schools doesn't mean the conflict magically disappeared.

On a level, when I say "people" I don't really refer to each individual person. It's almost impossible for the average dude to give 2 shits about these things, if they are not shown to him or he has no way of taking direct interest in those conflicts. If everybody stops talking about ISIS, the media stop showing stories about it, stop having discussions about it, etc, then you will stop giving a shit about it (at least if your own work/personal life doesn't revolve around that issue already).
For instance, in this exact moment I'm trying to find some sort of motivation to care about these issues. The only thing I can motivate myself to do is talk about this specific problem (everybody stopping paying attention to them). I can't really motivate myself to care about any specific conflict, mainly because of all the catching up I'd have to do, the lack of good sources of information to check out, and the lack of a platform to discuss it or make any direct action about it.

Last edited by gonzaw : Yesterday at 05:19 PM.
gonzaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: