Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Musician Talk > Bandleading
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 04-15-2013, 06:04 PM   #21
Bigbazz

Amway? lol, that's gonna end well.
1994 Ibanez Jem 7V
Fender Stratocaster x3 (2 of them built from bits and pieces!)
Bigbazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:08 PM   #22
Androidjoey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbazz
Amway? lol, that's gonna end well.

lol that's what i told him but he has already been indoctrinated into it so trying to tell him other wise is near impossible.
Androidjoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:32 PM   #23
AlanHB
Godin's Resident Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androidjoey
May 18th and then from there it will be pretty much weekly.

So basically you have a month the find a new drummer and train him up for gigs. It shouldn't be too hard if you have alot of work booked.

Id advertise for a new drummer now, and ask the ex-drummer to play the booked gigs up to the end of June or so to give you more time to train up thr other guy.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:48 PM   #24
Androidjoey

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHB
So basically you have a month the find a new drummer and train him up for gigs. It shouldn't be too hard if you have alot of work booked.

Id advertise for a new drummer now, and ask the ex-drummer to play the booked gigs up to the end of June or so to give you more time to train up thr other guy.

Thats what i'll do thanks for the advice everyone!!!!. I don't know how to close a thread so i'll just leave it be and let it die.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:17 PM   #25
AlanHB
Godin's Resident Groupie

Well Im glad my accidental double post sorted that one out

In situations like this I feel that there's an obligation on the leaving member to ensure there is a smooth transition to the next guy to minimise damage to the band. To demonstrate this I recently had a bassist quit because she felt embarrassed if her jazz school buddies saw her playing 2000s pop. She refused to play any more gigs. This left us 4 weeks to find a new bassist and train them up for a $1000, 4 hour gig. Not cool.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:47 PM   #26
Androidjoey

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHB
Well Im glad my accidental double post sorted that one out

In situations like this I feel that there's an obligation on the leaving member to ensure there is a smooth transition to the next guy to minimise damage to the band. To demonstrate this I recently had a bassist quit because she felt embarrassed if her jazz school buddies saw her playing 2000s pop. She refused to play any more gigs. This left us 4 weeks to find a new bassist and train them up for a $1000, 4 hour gig. Not cool.

I feel the same way now. I think i'm going to draw up a contract for everyone stating that if we have upcoming gigs or recording they can not leave unless fired or a replacement is properly trained to replace said member

Rate This Thread: