Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-12-2013, 06:16 PM   #1
Usernames sucks

anyone here own a pedaltrain 2?

Hi, im looking to buy a pedaltrain 2. I got some questions regarding the gig bag. Does the other room in the bag have place for 4 30 feet/ 9 meter cables? I use one between board and guitar, one between amp and board and two for the fx loop. Also for the fx loop cables, is it easy to fit the fx loop cables under the board and into the pedals with one of the holes in front of the pedaltrain? Thanks.
https://soundcloud.com/kjartan-thor...fe-in-purgatory
Usernames sucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:56 AM   #2
AWACS
I want all of the things

I would say no. It has room for maybe one cable that size. Thats it. I have the same problem to a lesser degree, and I just stick my cables in the back of my cab. If you can't do that, maybe grab a small suitcase and toss your cables in there?

The pocket is only like 14" across and about 8" long with about an inch of depth.

About fixing the cables underneath, it is do-able, but requires some patience. I did that the first time I wired my board (liked it after the 4th time of re-doing it) but I just keep mine on the top and route the wires in between the pedals.

How many pedals do you have? I'll put up a pic of my board:

Mesa Boogie Mark V PRS SE Cu24 Voltage S212 Pedals!
Dunlop CryBaby WayHuge Swollen Pickle CMATMods Signa Drive Digitech BadMonkey
Boss TU-3 TCE Corona Boss DD-6 HBE Mimic

Last edited by AWACS : 09-13-2013 at 02:10 AM.
AWACS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:40 AM   #3
Usernames sucks

Yeah ok. Nice board btw. Would the hardcase hold that amount of cables? I have a closed back combo and the cab im looking to get is also closed back. It seems annoying to have a suitcase oly for cables, but maybe thats the only way. The thing about having all the 3 cables to the amp going under the board is that it looks alot more cleaner on stage and it looks and feels alot more organized. I may also get a wierlesd unit that will save some space. I often do small 1-2 songs gigs on festivals or my music school (where running ind front of the amp and trough the loop would be a waste of time. So im thinking of organizing my board so if i want everything in front of the amp, i simply remove the two fx loop cables, run a short cable between the last pedal before the amp and the first pedal tin the fx loop and run a cable from the last pedal in the fx loop to the amp. In that way i can re arrange everything without changing up the pedals.
https://soundcloud.com/kjartan-thor...fe-in-purgatory

Last edited by Usernames sucks : 09-13-2013 at 05:53 AM.
Usernames sucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:42 PM   #4
AWACS
I want all of the things

What I did do at one point was running the cords underneath, but then when I was putting the board back in the bag, I put my send and return (thats what you have right? 2 cables coming from you board, into an FX loop, and also having 2 cables from your guitar to the board, and one from your board to your amp?) cables just on top of my pedals and zipped up the case.

Maybe even just get a backpack for your cables? 120ft/36m of cable is a lot of cable.

Mesa Boogie Mark V PRS SE Cu24 Voltage S212 Pedals!
Dunlop CryBaby WayHuge Swollen Pickle CMATMods Signa Drive Digitech BadMonkey
Boss TU-3 TCE Corona Boss DD-6 HBE Mimic
AWACS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:28 PM   #5
311ZOSOVHJH
G G & A - B A B Y

I got the Pedaltrain PT-1-HC with the hard case. It is not metal of course, which is good and bad. Bad because it is not as durable. Good because it is lightweight. It seems like it would have a lot more room than the bag. Just something to consider.

Old 09-14-2013, 12:06 AM   #6
McLeod

I use 2-3 cables of that length I just put them on top of my board, in the gig bag. Not in the pocket.

Carvin CS4 Goldtop
PRS Santana SE
Carvin SC90
Washburn Taurus 5-string Bass
Peavey 6505
Carvin v3m
Carvin 2x12
Spider Valve Cab
Plenty of Pedals.
McLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 01:21 AM   #7
crabstampede
Slowest Metal Guitarist

I use a separate bag for carrying everything that isn't attached to my board permanently.

- Bundled and color coded cables to run between board and amp
- Power cables for board and amp, plus an extra
- Extension cable
- Power bar
- Speaker cables plus an extra
- Tin for picks, earplugs, adult snacks
- Personal items during performance (phone, keys, smut)
- Batteries

Where do you put all that stuff?
:: G50 | DecimatorG-String | 95Q ::
:: Polytune | Ditto | CarbonCopy ::
crabstampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:32 AM   #8
Reincaster
Call me Rein.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 311ZOSOVHJH
I got the Pedaltrain PT-1-HC with the hard case. It is not metal of course, which is good and bad. Bad because it is not as durable. Good because it is lightweight. It seems like it would have a lot more room than the bag. Just something to consider.

That looks very different compared to the pt2 hard case. That thing is a tank! Ball corners, spring loaded handles, recessed twist latches, built like a tour rack case!
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Reincaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:15 AM   #9
sg4ever
clashof the coconuts

The PT-2 hard case is indeed a different beast. I love how durable it is. I can't speak for the carrying capacity, because I only keep the board and power supply in it. All my cables go in a separate bag. No big deal to me.
Vox AC15C1
various pedals
sg4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:01 PM   #10
icronic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincaster
That looks very different compared to the pt2 hard case. That thing is a tank! Ball corners, spring loaded handles, recessed twist latches, built like a tour rack case!

Yeah the hard case for the PT2 is a monster. It's also got a terrible handle that will rip the skin right off your hands when the case is fully loaded.
icronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:24 PM   #11
Clarkinator

I have a PT2 and I can fit a decent amount in it on top of the pedalboard and still be able to close the bag. I usually throw a multiple-outlet deal and extension cord on top of my pedalboard and close the bag. All my cables (I have four and one backup) I can fit into the back of my amp in the opening below the speakers (standard 2x12 combo amp size).

My bassist just throws all his stuff in a separate little duffel bag since his amp is closed and he only has three pedals he daisy-chans together. A nice plus of doing this is it makes it easier to swipe a glass or two from the bar we play at (please don't judge).
Clarkinator is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: