Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-03-2008, 10:35 AM   #1
Hadeed

last word (gp5/4/midi)

the song is called last word, yeah... now all you people get to give me feedback after i was being honest about urs... so fire away!

cheers
Attached Files
File Type: zip last word.zip (10.6 KB, 187 views)
Old 02-03-2008, 10:58 AM   #2
Jonjy2
Weeeeeeeee

Hm... Not bad, to be honest, when I first started to notice the whole thing was power chords and octaves I was kinda skeptical/dissapointed. But this has a nice feeling to it...

(I'm normally an epic metal composer so I don't know if all I'm gonna say applies so much to a more punk-ish style, but here goes

The intro chords were off a bit. The base notes, (lower ones), were off when the lead first came in. The intro kinda lacks structure in my opinion. It has all the adrenaline you need, but it kinda ends without you knowing it.

I really liked the verse riff. This is much better structured for sure. Leads well to the chorus.

Which I also really like, the melody is good and it's kinda a good break from the uniform punk-ish fast-paced verse.

Instrumental was pretty good. Some notes are off, (measure 122), but yea, it has promise.

The solo was kinda, "ehhh". It wasn't exactly what I (as a listener), was looking for. It needs to have more in it and needs to be more pleasing. It sounds more like a new guitarist hitting a few notes instead of a soloist expressing a feeling. I say go back and write it again. Doesn't matter how many tries it takes, make it beautiful.

The outro (instrumental riff) was pretty good. Good way to end song. You should phrase it a bit more by adding a drum fill into the last measure...

As skeptical as I was when I first opened it, I really do like it. It's not that much of my composing style but it was still a good listen.

I give it a 7/10. Good job, keep writing and make sure you always go back and perfect EVERYTHING.

C4C one of mine in sig?
Jonjy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 12:30 PM   #3
PinkIsCool
UG's Pink Pirate!

Well I thought it was good except some of the chords didn't go well together at all. And sorry, but those drums were really bad. No real band would writ beats like that lol. But other than that it was good. I gve it a 7/10.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:50 PM   #4
metal isten

Good song overall, but the solo needs a little more work. And the intro sounded a bit wrong to me, i thing it would be better if you just deleted the first 16 beats, but thats just my opinion. anyway, check my new song http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...ad.php?t=777832
metal isten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 04:25 AM   #5
reaper_x
No. Just... No.

the guitars were interesting.
very different to typical punk-rock.
honestly, the drums were horrific.
terrible drumming.

everything is great, except drums.
7/10.

crit my new one?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...ad.php?t=778542
reaper_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 06:08 AM   #6
Hadeed

cheers people, i'll comment your songs soon... i just got back from recording and very tired.

the drums in the is done by me... and i'm no drummer. my drummer doesn't have time to tab the drums so i just randomly place funky drum beats. i've noticed they're not orthodox drums but my drummer does a great job at making it work with his own

this song was written a while ago while i was just venturing out of the pop punk genre and looking into more streams, which may be why its a bit of a quirky take of the pop-punk genre.

the solo isnt too flash cus i didnt feel like it could use an over the top solo. i just wanted to go for something to give it a little twist, but still keep it simple at the same time. don't get me wrong, i love some very powerful solos out there... but sticking it in this type of song would just be like bringing a large suitcase for a day trip. everyone will look at u funny.

with that said, i do tend to just improvise over the outro anyway so its all good.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:27 PM   #7
Madzää
Failing at n00b language

haha, I remember really liking this song! After checking my old harddrives for old material, I´m all for a monthly bump of old songs from T&C which we personally remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-O-Donuts
Banned for being the coolest April 08'er on UG.

please check out my own album:
almilano.bandcamp.com
Madzää is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:36 PM   #8
Erra93
erriuyai

Since this has been resurrected, I'd just like to say that the solo is spot on, this isn't speed power dragon metal and solos don't need a thousand notes to be expressive, sometimes less is more. You know? It felt really emotional to me anyway, I would honestly be proud if I wrote such a solo today.

Except for the intro's "wrong notes" I very much enjoyed it!

I hate how g'dang sarcastic this sounds, but I really mean it. If you're still here, Hadeed, great job!

And now it sounds demeaning I guess, but whatever, I am being POSITIVE! I am trying to convey the fact that I really enjoyed it, but I can't seem to do it without sounding like a douchebag, what the hell!

I don't know how to express myself, gah.

Last edited by Erra93 : 04-03-2013 at 08:37 PM.
Erra93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:30 AM   #9
Hadeed

What the hell, this is a blast from the past! Erra93, I'm still around here, just nowhere near as often as I used to be.

Thanks for the feedback, my music skills have drastically developed from when I wrote this song. It is actually quite humbling to have found this thread and contrast it to where I am today with my abilities as a musician.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:11 AM   #10
Erra93
erriuyai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadeed
What the hell, this is a blast from the past! Erra93, I'm still around here, just nowhere near as often as I used to be.

Thanks for the feedback, my music skills have drastically developed from when I wrote this song. It is actually quite humbling to have found this thread and contrast it to where I am today with my abilities as a musician.

Cool man, you should definitely post something more recent then! Would love to see how your writing has progressed
Old 07-19-2013, 08:28 PM   #11
Hadeed

well I'm actually working on my band's upcoming EP atm, you can listen to a short bit of it on www.facebook.com/simulationband

Rate This Thread: