Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old Today, 09:42 AM   #37601
LaidBack
Call me Mike

Had a good soccer game last night. On the other hand, dad passed out at dinner and they took him to the hospital, because he has a history of heart problems. So that sucked. Met mom and dad at the hospital last night. EKG and bloodwork came back normal. They're doing an angiogram today. I'd appreciate some mojo guys. It's been 12 years since his heart attack, we're hoping he's not going for a sequel.

Best joke though, was he fell walking to the bathroom at the restaurant. Took out a chair at one couple's table. Told him he should have stood back up and went for the Spare (bowling joke).
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
LaidBack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:44 AM   #37602
JustRooster
Organ Donor

I've got a new Godin project to play with. HSH. I've got an Area 67 for the middle, and two other humbuckers. One's a Michael Schenker Signature from Dimarzio, the other's an Invader. Both are bridge wound pickups. The question is which one should I try in the neck?

-Rooster-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud Spudly
Heck I killed a grizzly with a telecaster. Tex-Mex pickups too. Imagine what I could have done with twang kings or something like that.

JustRooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:48 AM   #37603
dementiacaptain
Chiefin' Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaidBack

Had a good soccer game last night. On the other hand, dad passed out at dinner and they took him to the hospital, because he has a history of heart problems. So that sucked. Met mom and dad at the hospital last night. EKG and bloodwork came back normal. They're doing an angiogram today. I'd appreciate some mojo guys. It's been 12 years since his heart attack, we're hoping he's not going for a sequel.

Best joke though, was he fell walking to the bathroom at the restaurant. Took out a chair at one couple's table. Told him he should have stood back up and went for the Spare (bowling joke).

Mojo sent dude. Whole family of cardiac patients here, one of us is always in the hospital for something heart-related.

Gear:
Randall RM100 (Recto, KH2 and XTC modules)
Gibson SG Faded
Fender "Foto-flame" Stratocaster
Ovation Balladeer (12-string)
dementiacaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:49 AM   #37604
Arby911
Finding the Pattern

Quote:

Hope all is well?

Had to laugh!!
Old Today, 10:29 AM   #37605
LaidBack
Call me Mike

Thanks guys.

and Arby, damn right. Mom is always super frantic when my dad's feeling slightly worse. We almost lost him 12 years ago. She lost her father unexpectedly to a heart attack. I like to keep things light. I'm the pillar in the family.
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Old Today, 10:34 AM   #37606
TNfootballfan62
Mr. Blue

Quote:
Thanks guys.

and Arby, damn right. Mom is always super frantic when my dad's feeling slightly worse. We almost lost him 12 years ago. She lost her father unexpectedly to a heart attack. I like to keep things light. I'm the pillar in the family.

Mojo sent.

My family on my biological dad's side has had some heart problems, so that's been my motivation to get into better shape before I get too old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
TNfootballfan62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:51 AM   #37607
LaidBack
Call me Mike

I have it on both sides. Paternal grandfather died of a heart attack. Maternal grandfather died of a heart attack. My father had a heart attack at age 41. I just got blood work back from a few weeks ago. I have high cholesterol and my "good" cholesterol is literally 1 point above when it should be to be considered healthy.

I will most likely have a heart attack at some point in my life. Good news is I've been more active, been eating better and have cut back on the drinking and smoking since I've moved out. I don't hate this life decision. I also don't want to die yet.
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Old Today, 11:22 AM   #37608
311ZOSOVHJH
G G & A - B A B Y

Hey Mike - Mojo sent

I've got heart issues in my family as well. I have a Cardiologist, take Plavix and Lipitor, and have to watch what I eat. Sucks at my relative young age. Cardiac caths suck too - post procedure anyway.

Hey all

Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH : Today at 11:33 AM.
311ZOSOVHJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:24 AM   #37609
LaidBack
Call me Mike

I could imagine, 311. My dad's on Lipitor, Plavix and a slew of other meds as well.

So....I feel like other than an electronic drum set (for silent jams and DI recording), my GAS has been quiet for months. Am...am I done?
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Old Today, 11:54 AM   #37610
Arby911
Finding the Pattern

Quote:
Originally Posted by 311ZOSOVHJH
Hey Mike - Mojo sent

I've got heart issues in my family as well. I have a Cardiologist, take Plavix and Lipitor, and have to watch what I eat. Sucks at my relative young age. Cardiac caths suck too - post procedure anyway.

Hey all

I'm pretty sure we all watch what you eat...
Old Today, 12:05 PM   #37611
LaidBack
Call me Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arby911
I'm pretty sure we all watch what you eat...

I need to be more vigilant.
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals

Rate This Thread: