Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Acoustic & Classical Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-03-2015, 12:27 PM   #1201
Captaincranky

Disclaimer: Any and all of the following opinions are the product of an individual, not the forum or its moderators.

So, my best guess would be in the acoustic forum, provided it's a full depth body. The first "electric guitars", were simply acoustics with pickups attached anyway.

Several of our members, (IIRC), have similar guitars.

I basing this on the Gibson ES-150 and its forerunners: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibson_ES-150

And who know, this might be a piece you could get away with posting in both forums. Shallow body instruments such as a Gibson ES-335, would be electric forum. (But you knew that).
Captaincranky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 04:49 AM   #1202
JoeyEsquire

Awesome, Thank you for the help
JoeyEsquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 05:02 AM   #1203
Captaincranky

You're quite welcome.
Old 11-14-2015, 03:46 PM   #1204
1212HAMMER

New to site ..my Martin

New too site
This is one of my guitars

Last edited by 1212HAMMER : 11-15-2015 at 09:39 AM.
1212HAMMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 09:38 AM   #1205
1212HAMMER

My Martin small video of it
New to the site
There is some much stuff here
1212HAMMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 12:52 AM   #1206
vegasbreath

Tab challenge of the week!

I see this song hasn't been tabbed yet and wondering if any excellent skilled guitar people out there are willing to give it a try??

"That One Song (ft. goody grace)"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS6FpuKHc2c

vegasbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 04:14 PM   #1207
Aaronbl56

Bedell Guitars

Has anyone heard of these guitars or even better, has anyone played one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/13168785493...984.m1555.l2649

I was looking for a Breedlove when I came across this and I got curious.

Thanks!
Aaronbl56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 12:07 PM   #1208
n00bsys0p

Hiya, all - as I'm not allowed to post proper threads yet, let's see if I get a response here.

I've been learning some acoustic percussive fingerstyle (yeah, I know - all the rage, sheep, blah blah) - but one thing I've noticed is some of my hammer ons and taps sound the same as when the pickups are a mess on an electric - like there's an overtone that is out of tune with the main itself. When I play the note normally it sounds great, but when hammered or tapped there doesn't appear to be anything I can do do stop it.

It seems to get worse the higher the fret I tap or hammer at, and is noticeable on all strings. I'm using D'Addario 13s, and it happens when I'm tuned on everything from standard right down to CFCFAbC.

Any ideas?

EDIT: It appears to lessen when I mute the string BEHIND my fretting hand, but also reduces the sustain of the notes significantly. Looks like it's related to the height of the strings over the frets near the one I'm using - the position up from the fret I'm using looks like it's not far enough away from the string and is causing the second note. Think it's a setup job for a guitar tech.

Last edited by n00bsys0p : 02-14-2016 at 09:37 AM.
n00bsys0p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 09:59 PM   #1209
helen_friend

My Low E string broke.

HEY! My low E string broke and I need help because i have no idea where to buy one or how to know what kind to get. Someone help? Also it's an acoustic.
helen_friend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 01:14 AM   #1210
TobusRex
Tab Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by helen_friend
HEY! My low E string broke and I need help because i have no idea where to buy one or how to know what kind to get. Someone help? Also it's an acoustic.

Most music stores sell guitar strings. You can also order them online. I get them through Amazon.

Also you need to determine if the strings are steel or nylon. Doesn't matter which, you can get both types equally easy, you just don't want to order the wrong type for your guitar.
TobusRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 10:13 PM   #1211
Angelinthesky1

Question

Hi all!! Totally new on here and in the acoustic world. I'm completely overwhelmed with the options. I have the choice to get a Taylor 110 or a ns32ce. I have no idea of the differences and want some professional feedback. Pros and cons? Thanks!!
Angelinthesky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 12:48 AM   #1212
Captaincranky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelinthesky1
Hi all!! Totally new on here and in the acoustic world. I'm completely overwhelmed with the options. I have the choice to get a Taylor 110 or a ns32ce. I have no idea of the differences and want some professional feedback. Pros and cons? Thanks!!
You should start your own thread on the topic, as opposed to this venue, which is actually, idle chit chat.

Start by telling us what experience you have, (if any), with guitar, what your budget is, whether you are right or left handed, anything which might limit your choice of instrument, (say body size)...., and so forth.

Brace yourself though, you'll get plenty of opinions, most of which will be quite worthwhile.

You can also read the sticky: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1233360

The thread isn't completely up to date with respect to model numbers and such, but has a lot of good info nonetheless.

Rate This Thread: