Password
Search:

Closed Thread
Old 05-09-2013, 02:46 AM   #41
Sean0913
Music Theory Renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolucian
Yes, I'm nonsensical... and don't understand how to apply theory. Will you offer to teach me pls, mac?

Man I've missed you dude. I hope you have a Facebook, because you need to add me, or I'll hunt you down and use your own guitar string to strangle you!

Best,

Sean

An Online, Theory Based Guitar School

Stuck? I Mentor Guitar Players for Free.

If you are interested in the Academy, I offer a free Skype-based Demo. Just contact me on my profile, and we can work out the times.
Sean0913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:06 AM   #42
evolucian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean0913
Man I've missed you dude. I hope you have a Facebook, because you need to add me, or I'll hunt you down and use your own guitar string to strangle you!

Best,

Sean

Hahahaha, yeah.. been quite a while man. Pm'd you bud.
evolucian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:59 AM   #43
20Tigers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hail
music theory is like science

yeah, it encapsulates a series of understandings, but first and foremost it's an analytical system that operates whether we devotedly study it or not. if you've ever understood anything about music at all (especially not strictly on a textbook level), hummed a melody, learned some riffs by ear, you've put some effort into your musical education.

there's a level of pretentiousness, as in any craft, but all this "music theory or no music theory" stuff is redundant and serves no purpose because theory is inherent in anything. somebody didn't just one day say "okay, this is how music from now on is going to be" - it just happened and people learned to explain it so we could add it to our compendium of understanding in the realm of music - but anybody passionate about music can start from the ground up and learn everything with curiosity, a strong ear, passion, and the ability to connect, challenge, and edify theories objectively and with common sense.
magic post thread should have ended there.

crazysam - don't feed the troll
evo - don't troll.

Rate This Thread: