Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Hardcore
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-26-2014, 08:02 PM   #8641
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macabre_Turtle
You'd have to play it in F standard.

I'm actually saying, transpose it down to E standard. Of course it wouldn't sound the same, but...

For someone like me, who has a Floyd Rose-guitar...transposing is my bread and butter. lol

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.

Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld
crazysam23_Atax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:25 PM   #8642
WCPhils
#philamerica

Quote:

Anyway, album complete, guys.

Do you have any idea what Luke means about those harmonics? Either it's some technique I've never done or I am just completely misunderstanding him

Also thanks so much for tabbing these out! Really awesome

Check out my...

YouTube
WCPhils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:37 PM   #8643
Macabre_Turtle
UG's UGer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCPhils
Do you have any idea what Luke means about those harmonics? Either it's some technique I've never done or I am just completely misunderstanding him

Also thanks so much for tabbing these out! Really awesome

I think his explanation is quite poor, but the idea is that while a note is ringing out you can turn it into a harmonic by using a finger on your tapping hand to touch the string an octave higher. Youtube search for tapped harmonics if that doesn't make sense.

Also, no probs, bros! I tab them out for my own good anyway. I just post them here because I may as well.
Atlas' Burden (Instrumental)
And for those who really enjoyed that and want to hear other random songs unrelated to that album...
Other music
Macabre_Turtle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:06 PM   #8644
WCPhils
#philamerica

ooooooh, that's what he meant. Ok, I've never actually done it, but I know the idea behind it. Thanks!

Check out my...

YouTube
Old 03-27-2014, 12:09 PM   #8645
kylepianoman
UG's Scaly Man Fish

Saw 'em again last night. Played great again... Mike seemed more comfortable than the last tour. Only **** up was when Luke messed up the sweeps at the end of sequoia throne so he stopped that halfway through them. Got some more sweg from the league of ordinary gentlemen perk. Last time it was a bandanna with the volition vulture on it which was cool I guess but I dont know what to with that lol.

This time though got a little 9x11 cardboard poster thing, 4 picks with the volition cover, and 4 more picks which two are a cartoon version of Tim and two of Luke, and then 4 buttons related to the Underbite video. Still got my 50% discount on merch which was pretty rad since I picked up a shirt for $10. Liked this batch a lot more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal58
Cats don't think. They plot.

Catch me on FLICKR
Proud owner of a beautiful PRS P22
kylepianoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 12:10 PM   #8646
lankeysob

Quote:

Anyway, album complete, guys.

Thanks again bud! Was awesome of you to do this!
lankeysob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:38 AM   #8647
GodofCheesecake
Master of the Machines

I saw them last night as well. When Rody introduced Clarity he straight up said "this song is about star wars and star trek" so lol at everyone who thought that analysis was reading in too much. Also Arif quit. In other news, i very much doubt I'm going to be seeing PtH again if there aren't any other bands on the bill I'm interested in. Every single other band last night bored the shit out of me and i wasn't even that excited by the time PtH came on. Plus their setlist was pretty mediocre and the kezia/fortress material sounded significantly better than everything else. I like Volition but l think I'm done with being a huge fan of these dudes.
Originally Posted by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
GodofCheesecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:08 AM   #8648
Macabre_Turtle
UG's UGer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodofCheesecake
I saw them last night as well. When Rody introduced Clarity he straight up said "this song is about star wars and star trek" so lol at everyone who thought that analysis was reading in too much. Also Arif quit. In other news, i very much doubt I'm going to be seeing PtH again if there aren't any other bands on the bill I'm interested in. Every single other band last night bored the shit out of me and i wasn't even that excited by the time PtH came on. Plus their setlist was pretty mediocre and the kezia/fortress material sounded significantly better than everything else. I like Volition but l think I'm done with being a huge fan of these dudes.

Clearly a joke. Rody was the one who said it was about more than that, and their are too many lines in the song that just don't make any sense when trying to relate it specifically to Trek/Wars.

Arif whaa? Did Rody say that at the show or is that online somewhere?

I've seen PTH three times. If the toured with bands I liked more often I'd have seen them more like ten times. I only go to a show maybe once every other year because I'm picky about music, and thus don't often see more than one band I like on a bill.

The set list being mediocre isn't a problem I could run into since I enjoy every song pretty much equally with Unending Terror being the only weak link.

I can see Volition not coming out amazing because they don't have years of practice, but did Scurrilous stuff sound bad? When I saw them live after that album I didn't hear a difference in performance quality between new and old stuff.
Atlas' Burden (Instrumental)
And for those who really enjoyed that and want to hear other random songs unrelated to that album...
Other music
Macabre_Turtle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:44 AM   #8649
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away

Wait...Arif quit? Hold up. ARIF QUIT?!

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.

Old 03-31-2014, 01:45 PM   #8650
jwizzle5786
JJ

Is it really that surprising? He hasn't really done much with the band since Fortress. I'm surprised it took this long to announce.
jwizzle5786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 02:04 PM   #8651
Spaztikko

What in the actual ****

This is probably going to be bad. Like New Mike in DT bad. Or like post Kevin Moore bad.

Also probably means no more cool artwork from his grandfather too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinterMan22
lmao putting a 9v on yr ladybits thats just another ep of "tossing larry's salad" waitin to happen

Banging ur mum
I killed the chat thread again.
Spaztikko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 02:25 PM   #8652
WCPhils
#philamerica

Did Arif even write any of the bass on this album?

Check out my...

YouTube
Old 03-31-2014, 02:28 PM   #8653
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwizzle5786
Is it really that surprising? He hasn't really done much with the band since Fortress. I'm surprised it took this long to announce.

No, but it just seems out of the blue. I know he didn't go on tour with them or anything this time.

But why not just announce before the tour? Unless he just talked to them all and said, "Yeah, guys, I think I'm quitting the band".

Why dangle the idea that he was just busy and would be coming back in several months?

Bandcamp

Old 03-31-2014, 02:29 PM   #8654
anders87sa220

Such a pessimist. Maybe they'll get even better. Luke has always been the main riffsmith, moreso on Volition.
anders87sa220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 04:08 PM   #8655
GodofCheesecake
Master of the Machines

Quote:
Arif whaa? Did Rody say that at the show or is that online somewhere?

Rody said it. He made fun of the whole thing, how he had to act like it was a big secret and now he could be like "fuck it."
Quote:
I can see Volition not coming out amazing because they don't have years of practice, but did Scurrilous stuff sound bad? When I saw them live after that album I didn't hear a difference in performance quality between new and old stuff.

Nah, I just don't like that album. With the exception of C'est La Vie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaztikko
What in the actual ****

This is probably going to be bad. Like New Mike in DT bad. Or like post Kevin Moore bad.

y? He didn't have much to do with Volition and that album came out better than the last one featuring him. I don't know if McClellan is a permanent replacement or not, but if he is I think he's more than adequate.

EDIT: lol, apparently this is the first time Rody's said that because it made metal news: http://www.heavyblogisheavy.com/201...otest-the-hero/
Also just so everyone can admire it, the back of my head is in that picture, just to the right of the arm holding the camera and the other head that is my girlfriend's.
Originally Posted by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT

Last edited by GodofCheesecake : 03-31-2014 at 04:11 PM.
GodofCheesecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:10 AM   #8656
bifteksupernova

Damn, no more Arif? Not cool. I never knew he hadn't been touring with the rest of the band, but still sucks that he's gone for good.
Old 04-02-2014, 04:11 PM   #8657
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away

Here's PtH's FB announcement on Arif's departure: https://www.facebook.com/protestthe...152318927311147

Quote:
The cat's out of the bag. Despite what you may of read already, here's the real scoop:
Arif has decided that the touring schedule we have signed up for to support Volition is more intense than what he is prepared to commit. He is actively involved with other projects at home and being a full time band member isn't a practical thing. Though he has and will be missed out on the road with his brothers, everything was left on a positive note and we are open to his involvement down the road and only time will see how it all plays out. In the meantime, our longtime friend and tourmate Cam McLellan will be filling in on bass duties for the rest of the cycle. As an amazing musician, co-writer and producer of Volition, he is more than capable to pick off where Riffy left off. Don't fret, Cam's working on his giant happy smile and well placed high kicks during our set!

Bandcamp

Rate This Thread: