Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-26-2015, 12:50 PM   #40121
bdof

It'll be interesting to see just how effective their halfcourt offense will be against experienced teams with other superstars and playoff tested coaches.

I think the teams GS will struggle with are OKC, SA, Dallas, and maybe Memphis. And the only teams in the East that could beat them are a fully healthy Chicago, and Cleveland.

Houston, Portland, and LAC just have a knack for not having an additional gear you need for playoff basketball, regardless how talented their rosters are, or how experienced their coaches are.
Mother****ing bitch. I'm no fake furry. Why you say that. I been to furry conventions in pittsburgh and such. I even own a bad dragon and such. Sounds like you're a ****ing hater who needs to get bent.
bdof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 02:44 PM   #40122
AnAngrySquirrel

Yeah I don't see GS getting far in the playoffs at all.
Old 03-26-2015, 02:59 PM   #40123
bdof

Well, if it's just Westbrook and no Durant, they'll beat OKC easily. If the 4th seed is Houston, Portland, or LAC, I see them winning that series too. I think they'll get to the WCF as long as the seeding works for them, or even make the Finals as long as someone gets injured on the other 4 West teams.
Mother****ing bitch. I'm no fake furry. Why you say that. I been to furry conventions in pittsburgh and such. I even own a bad dragon and such. Sounds like you're a ****ing hater who needs to get bent.
Old 04-16-2015, 09:59 AM   #40124
bdof

Well, it's playoff time

The only remaining Conference title contender from last year that made the playoffs is SA. Miami, Indiana, and OKC all just missed the playoffs

Probably gonna be the dullest Eastern Conference 1st round on paper I can remember. With Chicago at the 3rd seed, Cleveland now doesn't have the luxury of watching 2 of their only real threats squaring off and eliminating the other.

(1) Atlanta vs (8) Brooklyn - 4-1 Atl
(2) Cleveland vs (7) Boston - 4-1 Clvd
(3) Chicago vs (6) Milwaukee - 4-0 Chi
(4) Toronto vs (5) Washington - 4-2 Wash

While the West will be awesome as always. The seeding also worked really well for GS, who will now likely make it to the WCF, since the 4th, and 8th seeds are tailor made for them, and the 5th seeded Grizzlies will likely not be able to score enough to beat GS in a series. Houston vs SA will be great fun, but I imagine SA winning, and then facing and also edging out GS in all likelihood.

(1) GS vs (8) NO - GS 4-0
(2) Houston vs (7) Dallas - 4-2 Hou
(3) LAC vs (6) SA - 4-1 SA
(4) Portland vs (5) Memphis - Mem 4-3

Houston vs SA will be great fun, but I imagine SA will win, and then also edging out GS in all likelihood. Still think Cleveland goes all the way to the Finals though, and probably would win unless it's SA. GS vs Cleveland would probably be the most entertaining Finals, with 2 smaller market teams that have a bunch of stars and superstars.

Last edited by bdof : 04-16-2015 at 10:00 AM.
Old 04-16-2015, 10:02 AM   #40125
AnAngrySquirrel

I am so psyched that the Pels made it to the playoffs. Even before my Suns were eliminated, I was rooting for NO because **** OKC. I want to see how well Milwaukee do as well. Although against Chicago, probably not that well.
Old 04-16-2015, 10:05 AM   #40126
Baby Joel
perfect

Location: the scars upon my arm were only meant to spell apology
i'm dead hyped for the playoffs. gonna be good

check out this poem i wrote http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...08#post33360008
Baby Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 02:52 PM   #40127
captaincrunk
See, I Got News for You.

if the pelicans don't make the playoffs the dream of making a team in the draft will have died with Oklahoma
#15 in the 2012 top 100
#23 in the 2010 top 100

NEW UG ALBUM! GET UG ELECTRONIC ALBUM: DISC THREE TODAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by element4433
I respect crunk.
captaincrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 12:21 AM   #40128
SGstriker
Unregistered User

Well, considering all of the injuries, not a bad season for the Thunder. The Reggie Jackson trade looked worth it in the end. I'm liking what I'm seeing out of Kanter, Waiters, and Morrow.
With those guys, plus Westbrook and a healthy Durant and Ibaka, next year should be championship worthy (if they can all stay ****ing healthy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.
SGstriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 12:41 AM   #40129
iro-bot31
Jazz Hands

Looks like the Heat are going to keep their pick, thank God. Our draft pick to Philly is 1-10 protected, and right now we're 10th and have a 91% chance of staying in the top 10. A starting rotation of Dragic-Wade-Deng-Bosh-Whiteside, with McRoberts and a lottery pick leading the bench unit, would be pretty dangerous unless we're crippled by injury again.

But draft talk is a ways off. Even though we missed the playoffs, I'm excited to watch these games. Pulling for a Warriors/Clippers vs Cavs/Hawks championship, but there are so many good potential matchups. As long as the Rockets or Bulls don't win the title I'll be happy.
iro-bot31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 04:22 PM   #40130
SaintsofNowhere
Mostly landscapes

really disappointed we don't get another playoff series with the clippers

-_‽GOOZE.‽_-
SaintsofNowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 06:57 PM   #40131
Baby Joel
perfect

ima post this here just so yall can fear for the future when we start winning everything

http://www.nba.com/jazz/video/2015/...415mov-3575252/

he's a monster

as for ideal championship, GSW and CLE would be fun

check out this poem i wrote http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...08#post33360008
Old 04-18-2015, 03:23 PM   #40132
MinterMan22
🏆stay gold~

real talks though fuck paul pierce old ass billy goat looking flabby piece of shit just retire already
MinterMan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 04:30 PM   #40133
SaintsofNowhere
Mostly landscapes

lmao the west is so good it's gonna be a long time before the jazz are a threat to anyone. you have to be well built well coached and DEEEEP. golbert is awesome though... well, he's really good, headed for awesome

I hope the hawks make it to the finals. fuk the cavs and the stupid ass super team trend. where everybody just teams up like it's a pickup game to win championships instead of wanting to compete against those guys and win it for yourself. the east is so depleted of talent it's not even funny. it's really too bad the conference split means that friggin sub 500 teams get in in the east. that's just boring basketball. i kind of wish the seeding was done by best records overall. i mean the conferences would still determine who you play more often so it wouldn't make them superfluous... like people would want to see the thunder in (not me tho lel westbrick enjoy your scoring title on your couch this postseason) and i personally would like to see the suns (well more so when dragic wasn't a friggin weenie who backs out of a team that made him) play some postseason.

-_‽GOOZE.‽_-
Old 04-18-2015, 04:52 PM   #40134
Baby Joel
perfect

nah mate we're pretty much sorted

our coach is the guy that brought Korver and Carrol to the level they're at now. he's not a mediocre coach, he's pretty good already.

Obviously we have Gobert who is next level, and will continue to be next level for the rest of his career. I mean this season alone, he has loads of top 5 defensive stats, with only people like Bogut and Green being ahead of him. but once gobert gets a solid jumper, he's gonna wreck everyone

Hayward is a legit #1 option. this season per game he's at 19pts, 5 boards, and 4 assists. Not to mention his FG% is at 45% and his 3's are at 36%, and he gets to the line 6 times a game (that's a lot)

Favors is already a great two-way PF. this year he's putting up 16-8 a game, with 1.7 blocks per game as well.

Alec Burks was injured virtually the whole season, but here's his last year stats 14ppg, 3rpg, 3apg, 5FTA's and 36% 3pt shooting. Obviously not the star of the team, but that's good 3rd option numbers.

Rodney Hood had a bunch of finicky injuries, but he's a solid 3pt shooter, and crafty going inside, and he's not a bad defender. And he's a rookie and has time to grow more

Elijah Millsap is a great defender. Joe Ingles is a great playmaker, defender, and 3pt shooter now.

honestly, the only depth we're missing is PG. Exum is 19, but is already a plus defender because of his length and speed. Once he gets a bit more weight and practice and stuff, he'll be scary

Trey Burke is a bit crap but oh well

I mean yeah I understand that the Jazz aren't going to the finals next year or anything, but we're definitely in the playoffs for sure.

I mean since the all star break, we've had the best defence in the league. Just because Rudy became a starter.

I mean the Suns this year were 39-43, and we were 38-44. After only having 25 wins last season.

so yeah, we're not great yet, but we will be, and yall better watch out.

and yes i'm a huge homer

Old 04-18-2015, 05:21 PM   #40135
iro-bot31
Jazz Hands

This game is ugly, I kind of wish the Thunder had the 8th seed because at least watching Westbrook go bananas would be fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Joel
I mean since the all star break, we've had the best defence in the league. Just because Rudy became a starter.

From the outside looking in, Gobert's defense has been game-changing but just getting rid of Kanter was a positive step. His defense has always seemed terrible to me. And after the way he has taken every opportunity to shit on the Jazz after going to OKC, I really want to see you guys keep getting better.

Gobert is an animal, for sure. He and Whiteside are poised to become top-tier centers, I think. Watching both of their emergences has been really fun.

Last edited by iro-bot31 : 04-18-2015 at 05:25 PM.
iro-bot31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 09:18 PM   #40136
Baby Joel
perfect

yeah getting rid of Kanter helped our defence a lot. It also hurt our offence :p but I'd rather a young team playing stellar defence with no offence, than a team that can score forever but has no defence. Like obviously it's not going to be that black and white, and you need offence to win, but i think defence is a better foundation.

and yeah Kanter's pretty immature lol

man whiteside v gobert i want to see it so badly

Old Yesterday, 10:52 PM   #40137
SaintsofNowhere
Mostly landscapes

i mean you know more about your own team than me. but progress doesn't mean playoff contention in the west. considering the fact that the friggin thunder missed the playoffs this year, and anthony davis is only gonna get better, please tell me who you expect the jazz to knock out of a spot?

-_‽GOOZE.‽_-

Last edited by SaintsofNowhere : Yesterday at 10:53 PM.
Old Today, 10:44 AM   #40138
Baby Joel
perfect

pretty much the whole of the west coast was in a tight race for spots. I can definitely see Utah beating out Pelicans, Suns, and Portland. Probably even the Grizzlies

yeah anthony davis is going to get better, but so is Rudy Gobert. And Gordon Hayward. And Derrick Favors.

plus, we played virtually the whole season with one of our higher scorers, because of injury. So he's coming back next year and that's just another step for us.

regardless, the west will still be a battlefield next year. almost anything could happen

and yeah i am a definite homer

Last edited by Baby Joel : Today at 10:54 AM.
Old Today, 11:33 AM   #40139
SaintsofNowhere
Mostly landscapes

omg i would bet ten grand on the jazz not beating out memphis or portland next year

but basically you're saying fighting for an 8 seed and probably not just those teams but whomever the injury bug hits next season and i could definitely see that.

damn am i glad we're playing portland in the first round. i was really upset we lost the 2 seed after holding it all season and kinda upset we weren't playing the clips, but soooooooooooo relieved we aren't playing the spurs and now i'm glad it's the blazers cause it's gonna be a cruise. i say we win in 5.

also they say defense wins championships but i think that's not true anymore. i think cohesive units that have ridiculously high team assist numbers *cough spurs cough* and starpower win championships

(but i like defense)

-_‽GOOZE.‽_-

Last edited by SaintsofNowhere : Today at 11:35 AM.

Rate This Thread: