User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-20-2014, 11:14 PM   #24461
Crazed Shredder
Sheik Yerbouti

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamburgerBoy
There are times when it feels like I've depleted every good classic period tech-thrash band, and then there will be a new discovery. Epitaph of Illinois is one such discovery. Four songs of fluid-but-turbulent greatness.

Not bad. Haven't been listening to much thrash recently besides Absu.

I haven't posted here in a while, so I have reverted to sticking to what I know, so it has been a while since I've listened to any stuff I haven't already heard..
Crazed Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 01:21 AM   #24462
fradd

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax
Thoughts on Onslaught's "VI" album?

And on Death Angel?

Oh my God, Death Angel is freakin' awesome. I don't remember how I discovered them but they were a fantastic find. The Ultra-Violence is one of favorite thrash albums now. Great riffage, the singer has great screams/yells and vocal range. That album at least is nice and old school, and fast.
Act III is my 2nd favorite album.

Unfortunately there are not that many Death Angel tabs, and it makes me sad! Disturbing the Peace is the one I'm most disappointed that they're missing...well, besides The Ultra-Violence, their ~10 minute instrumental song with some of the most thrashing riffs in history.

Great band. Would recommend. Also one of the seemingly few who stuck with the thrash metal genre throughout their career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSells
Anybody jam to Municipal Waste?

They're pretty good. They're crossover thrash, similar to Suicidal Tendencies.

SLAYER FAN4LIFE!

Last edited by fradd : 01-22-2014 at 01:25 AM.
fradd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:58 PM   #24463
severed-metal
Peking Bear

New Vampire!

http://www.terrorizer.com/news/stre...ely-terrorizer/

Not as good as their other stuff, but it's OK. A little disappointed if I'm going to be honest, especially considering they can do stuff like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by H. Buress
Get yourself together, man. Move to Philly. Buy a loft. Start a noise band. Get six or seven roommates… eat hummus with them. Book some gigs. Paint. Smoke cloves. Listen to Animal Collective. Start some type of salsa company.
severed-metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:15 AM   #24464
ThrashingDeath
Registered Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fradd
Oh my God, Death Angel is freakin' awesome. I don't remember how I discovered them but they were a fantastic find. The Ultra-Violence is one of favorite thrash albums now. Great riffage, the singer has great screams/yells and vocal range. That album at least is nice and old school, and fast.
Act III is my 2nd favorite album.

Unfortunately there are not that many Death Angel tabs, and it makes me sad! Disturbing the Peace is the one I'm most disappointed that they're missing...well, besides The Ultra-Violence, their ~10 minute instrumental song with some of the most thrashing riffs in history.

I have just discovered Death Angel myself, and I just found out they are coming to Australia in April Opening for Kreator So really excited about that.

Also hello! Obviously I'm new here but I love Thrash so I checked this thread out. Does anyone here listen to Toxic Holocaust? They're probably my favourite modern Thrash band.
ThrashingDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:30 AM   #24465
Atomic_Assault

Toxic Holocaust are the thrash metal equivalent of bowel cancer. Bottom of the barrel stuff, man.
To heaven I had came,
...to stay

Atomic_Assault is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:18 AM   #24466
ThrashingDeath
Registered Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic_Assault
Toxic Holocaust are the thrash metal equivalent of bowel cancer. Bottom of the barrel stuff, man.

That has to be one of the most elitist things I've ever heard.
ThrashingDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:41 AM   #24467
Atomic_Assault

Why is it elitist that I think a band you like blows harder than Kim Kardashian does to stay famous?

Is everyone who disagrees with one of your opinions an elitist?
To heaven I had came,
...to stay

Old 02-10-2014, 10:18 AM   #24468
bdof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic_Assault
Why is it elitist that I think a band you like blows harder than Kim Kardashian does to stay famous?

Is everyone who disagrees with one of your opinions an elitist?

It's prob the way that you present your opinions as if they're fact instead of.......an opinion.

I don't know either one of you, nor am I familiar with Toxic Holocaust, but my first though when I read your 'opinion' was "Geeze, what a snob..."

EDIT: Upon trying to get familiar with Toxic Holocaust, I'd have to say that I don't think it's that bad. It doesn't sound very modern to me, like it's desperately trying to sound super 80s-ish. Kinda meh, but I've heard a LOT worse

Last edited by bdof : 02-10-2014 at 10:25 AM.
bdof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:41 AM   #24469
Atomic_Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdof
It's prob the way that you present your opinions as if they're fact instead of.......an opinion.

I don't know either one of you, nor am I familiar with Toxic Holocaust, but my first though when I read your 'opinion' was "Geeze, what a snob..."

EDIT: Upon trying to get familiar with Toxic Holocaust, I'd have to say that I don't think it's that bad. It doesn't sound very modern to me, like it's desperately trying to sound super 80s-ish. Kinda meh, but I've heard a LOT worse

Considering that it was an opinion on musical taste, something intrinsically subjective, I shouldn't have to preface a statement made about a band with 'I think'. It should be taken as read.

'Elitist' and 'snob' are words that imply I stated my opinion as though it holds more weight than somebody else's. I didn't do that. Obviously I was pretty abrasive in the way I put across that opinion, but that's neither here nor there.
To heaven I had came,
...to stay

Old 02-10-2014, 10:52 AM   #24470
bdof

No harm, no foul really. I'm sure I sound the same whenever I state an opinion about a band or artist that I really dislike as well
Old 02-10-2014, 11:01 AM   #24471
Atomic_Assault

You're far too agreeable to be a real human being.

I'd almost rather argue with the guy that called me an elitist.
To heaven I had came,
...to stay

Old 02-10-2014, 11:05 AM   #24472
bdof

I'm quite sure

Getting back to Thrash, I finally had a chance to listen to Blood Tsunami's newest album. It's.........really not very good

It's so depressing, after being impressed with Thrash Metal and then completely Blown away by Grand Feast for Vultures, this was beyond depressing to listen to. Sigh...
Old 03-16-2014, 11:30 AM   #24473
postmortem2006
Deadpan Snarker

For the record, Atomic is right - Toxic Holocaust are ****ing rubbish. There's a reason they've been dubbed Epic Failcaust and Toxic Lolocaust in these parts.

EDIT: Singing the praises for TH then saying that For Faen isn't very good is simply startling, especially without an explanation as to why you found it so painful to listen to when it's virtually the same thing they gave everyone with their last two albums. But better.

Last edited by postmortem2006 : 03-16-2014 at 11:35 AM.
postmortem2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:28 AM   #24474
postmortem2006
Deadpan Snarker

So, quick rebump about Full Thrash Assault 2014... it was bloody brilliant. All you British poofs who weren't there should be ashamed.

Next year we're taking it easy with a relatively low-key show, simply due to the fact that it's sandwiched between this year's amazing lineup and the 2016 tenth anniversary show. Be there or be rubbish.
postmortem2006 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: