Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Techniques
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-10-2013, 05:55 PM   #21
Hooker84

Exercises of stretching, sweep picking, legati, scales, pull/hummer, arpeggios are very important...you must do exercises with metronome...initially at 40 bpm...if you want to be very good guitarist, you need a good teacher...

Last edited by Hooker84 : 01-10-2013 at 05:58 PM.
Hooker84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:41 PM   #22
InfiniStudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo86
Thanks alot to you also. For taking time and writing such a good answer! I salute you

One question. With slow is it so slow that i hit every note correctly around 50-70 bpm or so slow i make minimal movment, and concentrate on fingers not flying off wich are not being used (my pinky has a tendency to do that, altough its gotten alot better) Like 30 bpm?

Slow = "Analysis & Tuning Mode"

It is way beyond just going slowly enough that you make no mistakes but it's not so slow you make "minimal movement".

It's so slow that your mind is free to analyze your execution and mechanics of what you are doing and ascertain whether it is correct, and if it's wrong, STOP and fix it.

If you aren't going slow enough, you might notice the mistake but then be swept into the next measure... You should be going waaaay slower than that.

Personally "Golden Slow" for me is about 1/2 the speed I can play the lick relaxed (not pushing for speed) or however much time I need to think about how I'm executing the elements involved and run through my mental checklist.
InfiniStudent is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: