Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Acoustic & Classical Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old Yesterday, 09:46 AM   #21
Bikewer

When Ovation hit the market, they very heavily went out to promote their product. They gave instruments away to prominent musicians, gave them away to open-mic clubs, etc.
The club we used to hang out at got two of 'em....They were the "house" guitars for years.

Prominent artists like Glen Campbell and Cat Stevens used 'em.

They have always been a durable instrument that sounded very good through a system. The acoustic sound was generally...Meh.... But for professional musicians they were very durable to tour with and when plugged in they were as good as anything else.

Also, they tended to be very "playable".... Noted for slick actions and necks.

Sure... PITA to play seated....Acoustic sound OK at best... But a lot of very good performers used and endorsed them for quite a while.
Bikewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:37 AM   #22
Christianic

why hate? because it is too expensive.
Christianic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:47 PM   #23
Captaincranky

Why hate Ovations, you ask? This is old business, but the two I had were mediocre at best. I was informed I shouldn't judge the line based on my experience. So, what should I do, buy 6 more and see if they suck too?

To be fair, my "Matrix" 12 string, was quite easy to play, even tuned to concert pitch.

But yeah, yeah, yeah, they're great plugged in. The "Adamas" series is way cool by any definition of standard.

Last edited by Captaincranky : Yesterday at 06:12 PM.
Captaincranky is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: