Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 02-27-2013, 02:06 AM   #1
BlackIce87
Registered User
 
BlackIce87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
[NAD] I need to SLOw down!!

So lately, I've been acquiring gear at what seems like an astronomical rate because it seems people are practically giving stuff to me. The Jem LNG, Washburn SS40 an Orange cabinet and like 6 pedals have been acquired since Christmas... Now I've got this little guy! Or I will I should say; it's due any day now as long as it's not held up in customs.

It's a Soldano SLO clone built by my buddy Bancika in Serbia. It's actually the smallest wattage SLO that I know of at 4.8W.

Check out his site: http://diy-fever.com. More specifically http://diy-fever.com/amps/5-watt-slo/ if you want the build specs. I don't want to copy pasta here without permission.

Onto the pics:




Here's a demo and a build progression of the amp by Bane. I think with a little boost, this thing is going to be a monster.
__________________
1987 Ibanez Jem 777LNG #124
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
1987 Ibanez RG550 Road Flare Red-R
Marshall JCM-1 W/Lead 12 Cab.
Wampler, Ibanez, MXR, Morley Pedals

Last edited by BlackIce87 : 02-27-2013 at 02:15 AM.
BlackIce87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:08 AM   #2
R45VT
Doesn't speak guitar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Traffic Town LA
Wut. A 5w SLO.


The orange and chrome grill don't work for me.


The heater wiring looked clean in the vid.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.

Last edited by R45VT : 02-27-2013 at 02:12 AM.
R45VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:10 AM   #3
cdr_salamander
or simply Nick
 
cdr_salamander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Plano, TX
That's pretty awesome man. Really clean build.

HNAD!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

'10 Gibson Firebird V
Marshall SL5
cdr_salamander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:15 AM   #4
BlackIce87
Registered User
 
BlackIce87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Thanks guys. The Diamond plate will be a thing of the past once it arrives. My girlfriends dad is a professional airbrusher/sign maker so we'll have something sick to go in its place very soon.
__________________
1987 Ibanez Jem 777LNG #124
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
1987 Ibanez RG550 Road Flare Red-R
Marshall JCM-1 W/Lead 12 Cab.
Wampler, Ibanez, MXR, Morley Pedals
BlackIce87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:16 AM   #5
gregs1020
Hi mom!
 
gregs1020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
very cool.

gregs1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:43 AM   #6
Ippon
Amped
 
Ippon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Left Coast
Very nice!

__________________
Who To Listen To EG/GG&A and GB&C .. 7/ERG Field Marshall .. e-peen
Ippon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:21 AM   #7
R45VT
Doesn't speak guitar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Traffic Town LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackIce87
Thanks guys. The Diamond plate will be a thing of the past once it arrives. My girlfriends dad is a professional airbrusher/sign maker so we'll have something sick to go in its place very soon.


Well hopefully it gets through customers soon so you can enjoy it yourself instead of some customs guy crankin it up.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
R45VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:28 PM   #8
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
 
Dave_Mc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern Ireland
very nice
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathbard
We had a guy in the band admit that he liked Nickelback. We immediately started looking for his replacement.


Dave_Mc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:30 PM   #9
BlackIce87
Registered User
 
BlackIce87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
They obviously didn't play it very long. It made it to the US from Serbia in just 9 days. I'm very impressed. The build quality on this thing is just phenomenal. I'm thrilled. Can't play it though because the silly Europeans use different plugs and I need to buy a travel adapter...
__________________
1987 Ibanez Jem 777LNG #124
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
1987 Ibanez RG550 Road Flare Red-R
Marshall JCM-1 W/Lead 12 Cab.
Wampler, Ibanez, MXR, Morley Pedals
BlackIce87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:39 PM   #10
Oldmonkeys
- Also known as Matt
 
Oldmonkeys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Canberra, Australia
Woooooooooooooah hold up a second.

are you sure its rated to 110v and not 230v? especially when you say its got the european plug on it.

Be very sure before feeding it the wrong voltage
__________________

Gretsch Setzer Hot Rod
Gretsch Power Jet
Fender Tele
Wizard Modern Classic
Vox Lil' Night Train
Hame 2x12



[- "Uncool Aussie" of the Pedalboard Thread -]
Oldmonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:17 PM   #11
BlackIce87
Registered User
 
BlackIce87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
It's rated for 220V. I'm going to have to buy a step-up adapter to convert our 110 to 220. No big deal
__________________
1987 Ibanez Jem 777LNG #124
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
1987 Ibanez RG550 Road Flare Red-R
Marshall JCM-1 W/Lead 12 Cab.
Wampler, Ibanez, MXR, Morley Pedals
BlackIce87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:47 AM   #12
311ZOSOVHJH
G G & A - B A B Y
 
311ZOSOVHJH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Offline
HNAD


So did you buy the one in the pics? The one from 2008? You don't have it yet?
__________________
311ZOSOVHJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:31 AM   #13
Roc8995
Moderator
 
Roc8995's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Please follow the NGD rules once you actually get the amp.
__________________
rr, pe&a
Roc8995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:11 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.