Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 11-06-2013, 05:16 AM   #1
sanjeev george
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Which is the latest and most advanced Multieffects processor of BOSS?

Which is the latest and most advanced Multieffects processor of BOSS that is in the market at present?
sanjeev george is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:25 AM   #2
Mephaphil
No empty frets.
 
Mephaphil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
If you mean for guitar, it would be the Boss GT100, and the Boss RC300.
Mephaphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:45 AM   #3
ELUSIVESOUNDD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CLEVELAND
Get yourself a Roland GP-16 on Ebay for about $100.00.
Get the pedalboard, cable and expression pedal too.
I got the GP-8 about 25-30 years ago and upgraded to the GP-16 ...20 years ago or so.
It kicks ass and is cheap now.
The bad news is that you will need to stop wasting money on amp after amp and finally get a MesaBooge Mark III.
B e c a u s e it amplifies, doesn't add any signature sound and cuts the air for some reason.
ELUSIVESOUNDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:50 AM   #4
trashedlostfdup
land of white cannibals
 
trashedlostfdup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: deep south
Why boss?
__________________

Gibsons
USA Teles
Ibanez Prestiges
Wolfgangs

amps. lots.

5F1 parts on the way
finding a AVRI Strat
looking for an attenuator.
trashedlostfdup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:22 AM   #5
Clay-man
Say no to saying no
 
Clay-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by trashedlostfdup
Why boss?


This. BOSS isn't the only guitar effects company that exists. I personally think their multiFX are extremely dated technology-wise.
Clay-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:37 AM   #6
Arby911
Finding the Pattern
 
Arby911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELUSIVESOUNDD
The bad news is that you will need to stop wasting money on amp after amp and finally get a MesaBooge Mark III.
B e c a u s e it amplifies, doesn't add any signature sound and cuts the air for some reason.


That's twice thrice I've seen you say that?

It wasn't correct either time...

It's still nonsense.
__________________
The man who holds to a belief because of tradition, or hides it because he fears he may be shown to be wrong, does not love the truth but manifests a coward’s faithfulness to his prejudices.

Last edited by Arby911 : 11-07-2013 at 11:41 AM.
Arby911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:25 PM   #7
lucky1978
Blues Kazooist
 
lucky1978's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELUSIVESOUNDD
B e c a u s e it amplifies, doesn't add any signature sound and cuts the air for some reason.

C'mon man. I finally see a fellow Clevelander on UG he's crazy...great. (Slightly kidding).
__________________
Fender Mustang> Biyang Tonefancier compressor> EHX Soul Food> Fat Driver (od/fuzz)> Randall RM20> Dano delay> Mooer Trelicopter> EHX Holy Grail Nano> Randall RM20
lucky1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:40 PM   #8
trashedlostfdup
land of white cannibals
 
trashedlostfdup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: deep south
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay-man
This. BOSS isn't the only guitar effects company that exists. I personally think their multiFX are extremely dated technology-wise.


IMO line 6 is putting out the best tone in their products (not including axe, kemper and 11r)

IMO boss is no longer the leader.
__________________

Gibsons
USA Teles
Ibanez Prestiges
Wolfgangs

amps. lots.

5F1 parts on the way
finding a AVRI Strat
looking for an attenuator.
trashedlostfdup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:54 PM   #9
Clay-man
Say no to saying no
 
Clay-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by trashedlostfdup
IMO line 6 is putting out the best tone in their products (not including axe, kemper and 11r)

IMO boss is no longer the leader.


Yes 100 times.
Line6 really stepped up their game the past 3-4 years with the POD HD series.
For something that's not insanely expensive like an axe or kemper, a POD HD is the best modeling hardware out there today.


BOSS isn't improving any of their stuff at all. Their modeling is honestly mediocre in this day of age.
If they want to stick in "classic BOSS pedal tones", they can go ahead, but they honestly need to start working on some valve-sounding amp models, because every company besides BOSS is getting the hang of it.
Clay-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:39 PM   #10
Offworld92
One among the fence.
 
Offworld92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Southern California, USA
Boss GTs are great multi FX units.

They are not great amp modeling units.

If you're just using FX and want to route it with your amp professionally, I would suggest the GT.

If you want an all in one for amp modeling as well as everything else, the Line 6 POD HD X is king right now.
__________________
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

Epiphone Firebird VII
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Peavey Predator USA
Ibanez RG520
Line 6 Pod HD500X
VHT Special 6 Ultra
Pedulz
Offworld92 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:10 PM   #11
trashedlostfdup
land of white cannibals
 
trashedlostfdup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: deep south
Quote:
Originally Posted by Offworld92
Boss GTs are great multi FX units.

They are not great amp modeling units.

If you're just using FX and want to route it with your amp professionally, I would suggest the GT.

If you want an all in one for amp modeling as well as everything else, the Line 6 POD HD X is king right now.


First off, +1 with Offworld.

However if you don't need amp models, buy a line 6 m9 or 13 something like that would do better, IMO.

if you want good amp models i still stand on a pod hd
__________________

Gibsons
USA Teles
Ibanez Prestiges
Wolfgangs

amps. lots.

5F1 parts on the way
finding a AVRI Strat
looking for an attenuator.
trashedlostfdup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:04 AM   #12
Offworld92
One among the fence.
 
Offworld92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Southern California, USA
The M series are excellent for straight up MFX units.

But I was speaking moreso about the amp routing - the Amp Control feature on the GTs shoots it way ahead of Line 6 stuff, if you have an amp that it will work with.

Even better if you get the old GT Pro rack unit and keep all that 4CM shit tidy in one place. You can make a seriously pro setup for super cheap that way.

Otherwise you have to find a cheap amp with MIDI. Good luck with that. Randall RM100.



4CM on the ground is a nightmare. I will never run that many cables between my floorboard and my amp again. Jesus Christ.
__________________
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

Epiphone Firebird VII
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Peavey Predator USA
Ibanez RG520
Line 6 Pod HD500X
VHT Special 6 Ultra
Pedulz
Offworld92 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:13 AM   #13
Clay-man
Say no to saying no
 
Clay-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
If it's in the price range and you're happy with it, then a BOSS is alright. I would never take any of their distortion tones seriously unless I'm looking for a unique solid state tone. It's embarrassing that they got rid of classics like the HM-2 tone and stuff like that. It's those type of pedal-style distortions that are great for unique but killer sounds.

For the Line6 M-series vs HD series, don't they kinda cost roughly the same? I say if they do, you might as well just get the HD, because the HD has all the features of the M series.
Clay-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:34 AM   #14
deano_l
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chesterfield, England
Well, without wishing to stereotype in any way, given his name and tone of the OP's text, I would say the OP is from India or elsewhere in Asia.

Given that, perhaps Boss is the only effects gear easily available in his location? I don't know, I'm just guessing.

Not everyone who plays guitar has every product available to them in their part of the world.

I do like it when someone says "tell me what's good here in country X", and the answers are all "Well you can get a great deal on Swart, Dr Z, Bad Cat, Lil King on Craigslist! Where in the US are you?"

Just wondering. Perhaps the OP would like an answer though.
deano_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 03:49 PM   #15
trashedlostfdup
land of white cannibals
 
trashedlostfdup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: deep south
Did anybody noticed OP hasn't come back?
__________________

Gibsons
USA Teles
Ibanez Prestiges
Wolfgangs

amps. lots.

5F1 parts on the way
finding a AVRI Strat
looking for an attenuator.
trashedlostfdup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:20 PM   #16
Arby911
Finding the Pattern
 
Arby911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by trashedlostfdup
Did anybody noticed OP hasn't come back?


I've never noticed that it matters, all we need is a topic...
__________________
The man who holds to a belief because of tradition, or hides it because he fears he may be shown to be wrong, does not love the truth but manifests a coward’s faithfulness to his prejudices.
Arby911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:28 PM   #17
trashedlostfdup
land of white cannibals
 
trashedlostfdup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: deep south
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arby911
I've never noticed that it matters, all we need is a topic...


i know but
__________________

Gibsons
USA Teles
Ibanez Prestiges
Wolfgangs

amps. lots.

5F1 parts on the way
finding a AVRI Strat
looking for an attenuator.
trashedlostfdup is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:27 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.