Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 04-17-2013, 08:18 AM   #1
Dalek300

Looking for Feedback on a Riff (Guitar Pro)

Hey all!

Recently wrote this riff whilst listening to some of the new Volbeat album 'Outlaw Gentlemen & Shady Ladies' and was just wondering if I could get some feedback on what's written thus far? If anyone has any ideas for alterations or where I could take the song from here, I'd really appreciate it! I've attached the Guitar Pro file for anyone who wants to give it a listen.

Many thanks,
Chris
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 Riff.gp5 (18.0 KB, 101 views)
Dalek300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:25 AM   #2
Jacques-Henri

I quite liked it, except the four last bars that seemed like they had nothing to do with the rest of the song...
Jacques-Henri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:08 AM   #3
Zaqq

I like it, but maybe add some variations for the 1st riff? It's just the same notes being played over and over. The riff at bar 25 should be shortened in my opinion, the rhythm guitars play alone for too long. And I agree with Jacques-Henri, the last riff isn't so good at it differs from the riffs before it.
Zaqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:26 AM   #4
Ich 666

Some variation for the first riff would be that you play the last two notes of it as power chords, instead of 5-7 on the A-string you could make it a G and an A-Powerchord (in standard tuning) with the root on the low E. Id suggest that as transistion before the riff with the open notes starts.

EDIT: the last four bars fit pretty good in my opinion, its probably just the riff before that makes it sound weird.

Last edited by Ich 666 : 04-17-2013 at 11:27 AM.
Ich 666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:05 PM   #5
Dalek300

Thanks for the feedback so far guys! I can definitely try and add some variation to the main riff and as for the last 4 bars, that's a riff that I'd like to include in the song in some manner or another but haven't found a place for it yet. I tabbed it any way though for future reference
Dalek300 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: