Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Techniques
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 04-26-2013, 12:52 PM   #1
AskA Fan 4ever

Need some help.

Hello, I am brand new to guitar, I use to play drums but I was wondering if you have any ideas for starter songs with a female singer. In January 2014, I am playing in a talent show and I nee some ideas. It would be cool if I can get a easy Paramore song. And just saying, no curse words, school wolnt allow -_-.
AskA Fan 4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:11 PM   #2
bobcrackchuc

I wouldn't limit myself to only songs with a female singer. I think the easiest Paramore song is Decode, but most Evanescence is also really easy. But really, you shouldn't just learn songs with a female singer, start out learning some proper technique, power chords, strumming, finger strength, and speed. Guitar isn't really something you can just jump into, it takes time to really get good. I'd learn some Green Day or Nirvana. But if you really wanna go female only, learn Evanescence.
bobcrackchuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:00 AM   #3
AskA Fan 4ever

Like, I'm eventually gonna learn male singing songs. The reasoning want a good female is because I'm in the talent show next year and in my band, we have a female singer.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:14 AM   #4
CelestialGuitar
Celestial Wish Guitarist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcrackchuc
I wouldn't limit myself to only songs with a female singer. I think the easiest Paramore song is Decode, but most Evanescence is also really easy. But really, you shouldn't just learn songs with a female singer, start out learning some proper technique, power chords, strumming, finger strength, and speed. Guitar isn't really something you can just jump into, it takes time to really get good. I'd learn some Green Day or Nirvana. But if you really wanna go female only, learn Evanescence.

I don't mean to sound rude, however, Decode definitely isn't the easiest Paramore song, if it's played correctly (with the C# included, if I'm not mistaken), it'd be a nightmare for an inexperienced guitarist. I'd suggest Misery Business if we're going Paramore, to be honest, the hammer-ons might be a bit fiddly for a new guitarist, but it be too much of an issue with a little practice, as that song has quite a lot of strumming in, however, I would agree that Green Day would be a great starter, and they usually sound good when being sung by a girl. With Nirvana, I'd exercise caution, they're easy to play, but I don't think they're for a female singer, if I'm honest. I think as you've asked for Paramore, I'm not too certain if you'll be into Evanescence, or it just might not fit the mood in comparison to Paramore. Personally, I'd steer clear, I love Evanescence, but you need a keyboardist or a backing track to really pull it off, why don't you try playing some Paramore songs and see how it goes? You could even look at some Avril Lavigne, her songs are pretty famous and usually go down well in school concerts.

Mesa Dual Rectifier
TC Electronic Polytune
T Rex MAB Overdrive
Boss NS-2
ESP Horizon NT See Thru Black (D Standard)

Celestial Wish on Youtube
CelestialGuitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:19 AM   #5
Asura-Kun

i'd say easiest paramore song is born for this or misguided ghosts.
Asura-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:37 AM   #6
AskA Fan 4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelestialGuitar
I don't mean to sound rude, however, Decode definitely isn't the easiest Paramore song, if it's played correctly (with the C# included, if I'm not mistaken), it'd be a nightmare for an inexperienced guitarist. I'd suggest Misery Business if we're going Paramore, to be honest, the hammer-ons might be a bit fiddly for a new guitarist, but it be too much of an issue with a little practice, as that song has quite a lot of strumming in, however, I would agree that Green Day would be a great starter, and they usually sound good when being sung by a girl. With Nirvana, I'd exercise caution, they're easy to play, but I don't think they're for a female singer, if I'm honest. I think as you've asked for Paramore, I'm not too certain if you'll be into Evanescence, or it just might not fit the mood in comparison to Paramore. Personally, I'd steer clear, I love Evanescence, but you need a keyboardist or a backing track to really pull it off, why don't you try playing some Paramore songs and see how it goes? You could even look at some Avril Lavigne, her songs are pretty famous and usually go down well in school concerts.

We were plannin to do Misery Business, because when I looked through notes, it looked pretty easy. Nice sounding guitar solo but not too hard. But, supposively it says "*****" once in the song. >,< so can't do that. I asked teacher if we can just say something different but he said no.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:38 AM   #7
AskA Fan 4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asura-Kun
i'd say easiest paramore song is born for this or misguided ghosts.

Thanks for advice, il look those up.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:56 AM   #8
stranger_23

Does it have to be a Paramore song? I haven't listened any other song of Paramore but Decode. If you are fairly good at riffing and melodic soloing, if your band has a good keyboard player and if your singer is fairly good at singing (it would be better if she is a classically trained singer) you might want to think about performing a Nightwish song. Otherwise I'd suggest you to have a look at The Smashing Pumpkins song named 'Today' from their album 'Siamese Dream'.
stranger_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:11 AM   #9
bobcrackchuc

Quote:
Originally Posted by stranger_23
The Smashing Pumpkins song named 'Today' from their album 'Siamese Dream'.

That's actually a pretty good suggestion, a female cover of it wouldn't be hard at all.
bobcrackchuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:28 PM   #10
AskA Fan 4ever

Just FYI for everyone helping me (thanks), we have a vocalist, lead guitar, bassist, and drummer.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:30 PM   #11
AskA Fan 4ever

And I will check out "Today" by Smashing Pumpkins. We also are looking at Crushcrushcrush. I dont know, hes just weird and wants a Paramore song but Il suggest it to the rest of us.

Rate This Thread: