Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-21-2012, 05:38 PM   #1
jaskokoyn

In need of a new guitar Any ideas?

I've been playing guitar for about 6 years now. I've owned a cheap knockoff telecaster that I got for Christmas. It's gotten me far, but now it has a couple dents, a pick up doesn't work. Instead of just replacing that stuff I just figure I'd get a new guitar. I think I deserve a new one.

Budget? Preferred: $500, but I can go up to $700

Favorite Artists? - Feodor Dosumov, Guthrie Govan, Daniele Gottard, Ignazio Di Salvo, Joe Robinson

Preferences? - A semi-hollow or solid guitar with a thin neck because my current guitar has a thick neck and it makes hard to play. 24 frets

Pickups? - Passive with a combination of both humbucker and single coil.

New or Used? - Either

Location? - I'm from South jersey.

Current Gear? - Cheap telecaster with no brand name on it. Must be chinese. I have an orange micro crush

I'm looking for something that's versatile. I like playing jazz and blues with smooth clean tones. I also enjoy playing rock and metal.
jaskokoyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:00 AM   #2
SeveredAngel

For rock you definitely cant go wrong with a strat, however I'm gonna assume you primarily play jazz and blues so I'd recommend a hollow bodied guitar with that kind of guitar the only quirk i'd see is playing metal LOL
SeveredAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:12 AM   #3
jeffo46

I would reccomend Squier's classic Vibe series of guitars . They have 50's and 60's Stratocasters and Telecasters which are IMO, much better than Fender's MIM standard series. And if I'm right, there is a hollow body Classic Vibe Telecaster which sells for around $370.00 . It doesn't have 24 frets but as far as sound and tone are concerned, this is probably what you are looking for. The quality of it is definately worth the price. Go to www.musiciansfriend .com for more info, okay ?
jeffo46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:05 PM   #4
jaskokoyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffo46
I would reccomend Squier's classic Vibe series of guitars . They have 50's and 60's Stratocasters and Telecasters which are IMO, much better than Fender's MIM standard series. And if I'm right, there is a hollow body Classic Vibe Telecaster which sells for around $370.00 . It doesn't have 24 frets but as far as sound and tone are concerned, this is probably what you are looking for. The quality of it is definately worth the price. Go to www.musiciansfriend .com for more info, okay ?

I like it, but I'm having a hard time finding videos with rock solos on this guitar. I plan on going to the shop in about 3 weeks to see if I can play it myself. In the mean time any other recommendations.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:26 PM   #5
AgileKev

I've got an Agile 7-string that I'm trying to get rid of. I know it's not really what your looking for, but I want to get it off my hands. It's got active pickups, 27 inch scale, perfect for rock and metal. HMU if you have any questions.
AgileKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:22 PM   #6
Heideck

PRS guitar look to respect what you need. You can get some used under 500, some of them have 24 frets and are versatile.

Morley pro series pedal
BBE two time Delay
Empress Nebulus
Subdecay Quantum Quasar
Solid Gold FX Nitro

Blackstar HT stage 100
Marshal 1922 2x12 (V-30, Greenback)
Heideck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:36 PM   #7
jaskokoyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heideck
PRS guitar look to respect what you need. You can get some used under 500, some of them have 24 frets and are versatile.

Any model in particular?

Rate This Thread: