Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-01-2013, 12:37 PM   #41
nicolasrivera

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWACS
I was just about to say, "WHY THE **** WOULD YOU DO THIS TO A MARYLAND PRS??!?!"

But Gregs has made me not yell that. He's pretty influential. Either way the re-finishing was awesome, but it still hurts me on the inside a bit.

I remember as a kid staring for hours at PRS adds in guitar magazines. For me it was a very rewarding experience when i bought this Custom 24, it was an achievement i did with my own money and hard work.

The first year i was playing her a lot, stock. Then Les Pauls came along and i was hooked with them, still are, but i came to realize that i was growing away from the PRS finish and the transblack tint. If you guys ever ding your PRS you know how nasty it looks, a bit like broken glass and that is the polyfinish at its best.

It was a pain to remove the stock poly finish and no matter how thin they say it is, it is not as thin as well applied lacquer. This guitar now has very thin layers of lacquer and i'm not going to say it sound better, the time spread from stock to refinish is so long that our brains are not that efficient on retaining that kind of info to further compare.

But to the touch the guitar feels so much better, more woody, more personal and this shade of green i think gave the flames the all glory they deserve.

Who knows, maybe in the future i will redo her again in another color!, thats just me never stoping, always pushing.

Last edited by nicolasrivera : 02-01-2013 at 12:40 PM.
nicolasrivera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:19 PM   #42
Acϵ♠
UG Board King

holy SHIT that's gorgeous. i would pay you to do the same thing to my guitar, i ****ing love green. immaculate work. is that even possible to do to a guitar that wasn't flamed to begin with?
Bitches be Crazy.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Last edited by Acϵ♠ : 02-01-2013 at 01:34 PM.
Acϵ♠ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:48 PM   #43
nicolasrivera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acϵ♠
holy SHIT that's gorgeous. i would pay you to do the same thing to my guitar, i ****ing love green. immaculate work. is that even possible to do to a guitar that wasn't flamed to begin with?

Yes and no.... Yes it can be done, no, it will not look remotely close if its not a flamed maple top!
Old 02-01-2013, 07:22 PM   #44
AcidParadox

Awe-inspiring work, man! I love how the green just makes the flame POP out, but in a tasteful way. I'm not really a PRS person, but your post made me want one, but only if they all look like that.
AcidParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:40 PM   #45
nicolasrivera

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidParadox
Awe-inspiring work, man! I love how the green just makes the flame POP out, but in a tasteful way. I'm not really a PRS person, but your post made me want one, but only if they all look like that.

Thanks you very much sir!

There are several steps that need to be done for the flame to look like that, its just not as simple as applying a green tint to the wood, wish it was that simple tho.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:56 PM   #46
gregs1020
Hi mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolasrivera
It was a pain to remove the stock poly finish and no matter how thin they say it is,

this is what my local shop said about a prs they refinished. said they were into it 9 hours of sanding.

if i've ever aspired for anything...
gregs1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:00 PM   #47
RedMist

Looks killer. I'd be paranoid to dig into a PRS like that.
RedMist is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: