Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-13-2013, 02:41 PM   #1
ru5ty_t00!

multi_effects pedal for Blackheart Little Giant

hey all,
I'm Chris.
I play blues , hard rock and metal (anything earlier than the 90's)
I own a Squire strat and a M.Kelly lp
I recently bought a Blackheart Little Giant and a screamin blues pedal. I really like that amps tone and the fact that the pedal doesn't really mess with that beautifull tone
now I would like to experiment and get familiar with effects such as reverb, chorus , delay etc and decided to get a multi effects pedal/processor .
the amp is a single channel one and there's no effects loop.
Is there any multieffects processor that can do the job without messing the amps tone?
ps: I'm in tight budget

thank you
ru5ty_t00! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:48 PM   #2
coldandhomeless

without an effects loop, im afraid everything will effect the amps tone. u could only get away with pre distortion effects, wah, octave, phaser, compression, tubescreamer, whammy. thats about the only things you will be able to use with this unless you are running clean... the most transparent multi fx i have found to this day is the new zoom ms-50g. 99bucks on ebay. it has literally every pedal built in, and single stomp sized. you can run 6 effects simultanious, and noise gate is awesome on this too... it is VERY transparent. you should look up instructions, on how to mod in an effects loop to your amp to get full use out of it.
coldandhomeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:13 PM   #3
ru5ty_t00!

so I guess a boss me-25 is not an option , right?
I also have a peavey rage amp which has an fx loop but I'd prefer to use the blackheart
Old 03-13-2013, 04:19 PM   #4
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

how tight of a budget? with the likes of joyo and mooer etc. if you don't use that many effects you could even consider single pedals.

also i'm guessing the blackheart is mainly power amp distortion. the fx loop comes before the power amp so that wouldn't help in that type of situation. and as coldandhomeless said, if you're running clean it won't matter anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathbard
Blackstar can blow me; dodgey ****ers.

Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:06 PM   #5
ru5ty_t00!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Mc
how tight of a budget?

100 euros for 2nd hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Mc
if you're running clean it won't matter anyway.

I don't understand what this means
Old 03-13-2013, 06:03 PM   #6
fly135
Cheap Gear Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru5ty_t00!
so I guess a boss me-25 is not an option , right?
I also have a peavey rage amp which has an fx loop but I'd prefer to use the blackheart
As long as you run the Blackheart fairly clean then it would be fine. In order to use the amp's distortion and the full range of capability of the multifx you need a loop on both the amp and the multifx. However you can set the amp to clean and put anything in front of it you want.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:37 PM   #7
MaggaraMarine
Slapping the bass.

You don't really need an effects loop, you can always run the pedals in front of your amp. And remember that they don't need to be on all the time. Just use them in parts where you really need them. I like having chorus when I play clean but it doesn't fit distortion that well (sometimes it does though). Though time based effects (delay, reverb) can get a bit muddy if you are using distortion and don't have an FX loop.

If you don't use any amp distortion and use distortion pedal, just place all your modulation effects (chorus, flanger, tremolo and phaser, though some people like using phaser before distortion) and delay and reverb after the distortion pedal. But I usually prefer using effects on clean tone, not that much on distorted tone. It kind of gets too muddy if you use too many effects with distortion (sometimes it's cool to have some effects with the distorted tone too).

Gear

Charvel So Cal
Ibanez Blazer
Digitech RP355
MXR Micro Chorus
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Hartke HyDrive 210c
MaggaraMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:36 PM   #8
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

Quote:
100 euros for 2nd hand

I don't understand what this means

yeah i mean with 100 euros you could get 3-4 joyos on thomann... obviously it depends on how much experimentation you want to do and how many different effects you need, but if you only need a few effects, personally i'd go the joyo route.

and yeah i just meant that if you're running the amp clean that you don't need an effects loop, as fly135 and MaggaraMarine said.

Quote:

Old 03-14-2013, 05:20 AM   #9
ru5ty_t00!

I 'm usually running the amp clean cause it starts getting "dirty" only after setting the volume over 12 o'clock which is really loud for home.

thomann doesn't seem to stock those joyo pedals
Old 03-14-2013, 05:42 AM   #10
MaggaraMarine
Slapping the bass.

Quote:
I 'm usually running the amp clean cause it starts getting "dirty" only after setting the volume over 12 o'clock which is really loud for home.

They do. They are just rebranded and they sell them as Harley Benton. Some of the HB pedals are Joyos but not all.

And yeah, if your sound is clean, you don't need an FX loop. Just place the modulation and delay/reverb effects after your distortion pedal (though some prefer them before distortion but they will sound clearer after distortion).

Gear

Charvel So Cal
Ibanez Blazer
Digitech RP355
MXR Micro Chorus
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Hartke HyDrive 210c

Last edited by MaggaraMarine : 03-14-2013 at 05:43 AM.
MaggaraMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:44 AM   #11
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

Quote:

yeah if you're running the amp clean then don't worry about a loop, pedals will work fine into the front.

As MaggaraMarine says, thomann sells the joyos rebranded as harley bentons. This is probably captain obvious to the rescue, but just in case, the ones which look like joyos are the rebranded joyos. The other ones are rebranded beta aivins, I think.

Quote:

Old 03-18-2013, 09:49 AM   #12
ru5ty_t00!

I got a Boss ME-25 . I used it in front of the blackheart and sounds great. I also used it with headphones and sounds great too.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:16 PM   #13
fly135
Cheap Gear Enthusiast

The freeze effect on the ME-25 is really cool. The way it uses the expression pedal is better than the way the EHX Freeze works with only the footswitch. And I like the 38 sec looper on it as well.

Rate This Thread: