Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Bass Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-17-2013, 03:51 PM   #1
Gaz_m2k5
How appropriate.

Fender Bronco 40 or Orange Crush PiX 50BXT?

I picked up a Fender Bronco 40 today. I only tried that and the Roland 25W Cube (both £200). I thought the Cube sounded like shit in comparison.

I wanted to try the Orange amp as I've heard good things, but they didn't have one at my local shop so I went with the Bronco.

Did I make the right choice? Couldn't really find any comparisons, I think the Bronco is relatively new.

I'm fairly happy with the Bronco to be honest, but since I'm new at bass, for all I know the Orange could be miles better. The guy in the shop said the Orange brand is really good with high end stuff, but no better than others for these low end combo amps. Correct?

The bronco seems like it has way more versatility since it just models a few other fender amps, has some effects built in and a usb port for messing around with sounds/recording on a computer.

I kinda get the feeling everyone just bums the orange brand a bit too much though. But it is a 50W 12" amp comapred to the Fender 40W 10". I probably won't need the volume, but the headroom is nice. As I said, the 25W Roland sounded horrible, clipping even at bedroom practise volumes.

Any thoughts?

RAGEMUSEBLOCPARTYFEEDERQOTSA
SOUND CITYWARPAINTRX BANDITS
Gaz_m2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:42 PM   #2
eddiehimself
Call me EH, eh?

To be honest, there isn't much point fretting if you've already bought the amp. They are all bedroom practice amps really. If you ever get to the point where you're in a band or anything, you will want to upgrade to something bigger, no matter which one of those you had bought.

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
eddiehimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:49 PM   #3
Gaz_m2k5
How appropriate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehimself
To be honest, there isn't much point fretting if you've already bought the amp. They are all bedroom practice amps really. If you ever get to the point where you're in a band or anything, you will want to upgrade to something bigger, no matter which one of those you had bought.

Yeah, that's what I figured. I can always return the amp (7 day return policy), I just wanted to make sure the Orange wasn't leagues better for the same price, since that was the one I set out to try.

RAGEMUSEBLOCPARTYFEEDERQOTSA
SOUND CITYWARPAINTRX BANDITS
Gaz_m2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:27 PM   #4
Sudaka
Novice Bass Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz_m2k5
Yeah, that's what I figured. I can always return the amp (7 day return policy), I just wanted to make sure the Orange wasn't leagues better for the same price, since that was the one I set out to try.

No, the orange is not leagues better then the bronco. I tried it, and it was ok, but nothing fancy.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Sudaka is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: