Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Promote YOUR Band
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 08-10-2014, 09:02 PM   #1
GMx

Gloria Who: Venezuelan rock

Hey guys, what's up? I would like to share with you some of my band's music and see if you like it. I would very much appreciate any feedback you could give me.

You can listen to our music here:
www.soundcloud.com/gloriawho

We like to play indie rock, punk rock, alternative rock... I don't know, whatever comes to mind when I pick a guitar, pen and paper. I write the songs, play guitar and sing, a friend from my old university plays drums and we have just found a new bass player.

I hope you give us a listen and tell me what you think. Thanks!
GMx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 03:12 PM   #2
mflink

Hello dude, I looked you up on Youtube after you posted a comment on a Strokes song a while back. Really dig the tunes, especially the strokesy Way Up High. Although I really preferred the sound of an old version that I downloaded way back in May. There was something with the sound or tone of the guitar in that one that I really liked. But the new version seems more professional and the vocals sounds better.

Anyway, I was wondering if you'd be cool with sharing the tab for that tune. I'd think it be a cool riff to learn? I'm pretty new with the guitar so it'd be cool to learn a Venezuelan rock tune instead of the usual stuff.

Anyways, keep rocking!
mflink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 04:34 PM   #3
GMx

Quote:
Originally Posted by mflink
Hello dude, I looked you up on Youtube after you posted a comment on a Strokes song a while back. Really dig the tunes, especially the strokesy Way Up High. Although I really preferred the sound of an old version that I downloaded way back in May. There was something with the sound or tone of the guitar in that one that I really liked. But the new version seems more professional and the vocals sounds better.

Anyway, I was wondering if you'd be cool with sharing the tab for that tune. I'd think it be a cool riff to learn? I'm pretty new with the guitar so it'd be cool to learn a Venezuelan rock tune instead of the usual stuff.

Anyways, keep rocking!

Hi dude! Sorry I didn't see this befored. I'm really glad you liked the song! It's amazing to me that someone downloaded an old version and actually liked it better than this new one I did a couple of months ago. You see, since everything in this country is batshit expensive, all of my music is done at home, with virtually nothing but my guitar and voice (my "microphone" is actually a microsoft webcam with a mic). And since I'm not a producer or anything, I'm always learning how to "mix" songs, so I tried to do a better version of Way Up High, which is my favorite song I've ever written.

I think I have an old Guitar Pro tab for that song that I made quite some time ago, which has two guitars and bass. I also have it on a PDF, but I'm going to check it quickly (I haven't seen those in ages) and I'll give it to you. Thank you so much for your feedback, you made my day!

Last edited by GMx : 09-07-2014 at 04:37 PM.
GMx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 10:14 AM   #4
mflink

Cool, yeah that would be awesome!
mflink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 05:25 PM   #5
gotguitar88

Great music! would like to hear more!
gotguitar88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: