Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-11-2013, 04:22 PM   #1
Bostonrocks
UG God

"Wings" Rock/PopRock C4C!!!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2974259/JD%...IXER%20UPER.mp3

Check it out! Its the first single off our EP and I"m just curious to see what you guys think!!!
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Bostonrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:25 PM   #2
aaron aardvark

Bostonrocks,
I'd turn down some of the higher frequencies, though I'm sensitive to that (other than that, I wouldn't be surprised to hear this on the radio). The song itself is very good! Everyone is playing & singing quite well. Interesting ending. Please review my music at this link:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...71#post31167871
aaron aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:24 AM   #3
Innercelph

Thanks for the feedback!

Songwriting sounds a little generic for my liking, although I agree that it would work well on the radio. The performance is excellent and the overall mix sounds very good and polished, but with two minor flaws that imo need correcting - the drum mix seems a little muddy, sounds like there's some reverb that needs filtering out at the low end, and the guitar mix after the countdown section seems a little disjointed, the palm muted parts there need turning up a bit imo.
Innercelph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:40 AM   #4
awesomo41894

Listened to this song, and i must say, this SHOULD be on the radio. Excellent song. I actually thought the mix was quite decent for this style. I love the singers voice. Everything overall is pretty solid. Whats ur bands name btw?
awesomo41894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:38 PM   #5
Bostonrocks
UG God

Thanks guys! Innercelph: Not sure what the disjointed thing you're talking about, but I agree on the drums, and thats getting fixed as we speak!

Awesomeo: Thanks dude! American Alibi is the name of our band https://www.facebook.com/AmericanAlibiBand thats our facebook!
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote:
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Old 03-13-2013, 02:46 PM   #6
skatooter

I agree with Innercelph about it being a bit generic however it is still a really well written song, you guys obviously know how to play your instruments and the singer has a strong voice. I could easily mistake this as being from a popular signed touring band. Good job!
Old 03-13-2013, 03:03 PM   #7
January85
Registered "User"

Pretty damn well produced. Awesome vox and everything going on there. The guitars are well layered and I like all the differend textures created by those different playing patterns. Really cool 1:10 switch on drums. I really appreciate that.

What I'd maybe change if it was my song, I'd try creating a little more nuances between the different sections. Now it's pretty much on eleven throughout, except that 5 second portion near the end. It's not my business to say, but if you want a pointless opinion, try lowering the energy level of verses to about 5 and then go to 11 on those choruses.

Awesome track, nonetheless. Just figure out how to signature each of your tracks. Now this is pretty generic. Making them stand out means taking risks. Sometimes they don't pan out, but when they do, it's amazing. Maybe someone else thinks this is exactly what they've been looking for... in which case, ignore everything I just criticised.

Closing thoughts... I wouldn't mind hearing this a few times on the radio. Very nice job!

C4C? Pick anything on my page and comment there:
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/January85/music/
thanks!
January85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:17 PM   #8
chronowarp

need to carve out some of those mids for the vocals to sit in.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:19 AM   #9
January85
Registered "User"

So no C4C? Sorry that I bothered you with my comment.
January85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:46 PM   #10
Bostonrocks
UG God

Quote:
Originally Posted by January85
So no C4C? Sorry that I bothered you with my comment.

Sorry dude, I haven't been around! I"ll get to you!

yawn

Quote:
The end of an era
Old 03-22-2013, 09:25 PM   #11
KevinFreund
UG Newbie

Very well done. The rhythm guitar adds a nice drive to the song. The vox sounds very professional. I think it's more pop rock then rock but that doesn't really matter. You guys use so cool effects in the song. Nothing bad to say. Keep it up

Please c4c- http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1594000

Thanks, Kevin
KevinFreund is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: