Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-10-2013, 07:16 AM   #1
JimmyCraig
Dazed and Confounded

Anyone had any experience with Ibanez Artcore series?

Hi there

I'm currently looking for a semi acoustic guitar, but not very expensive (max $500) and I've been looking at the Ibanez Artcore series semi acoustics. I'm looking for something that can get a nice muddy blues sound, and that gets very nice clean sounds and good distortion, but not too thin (aka epi dot), something that will still have more sound than an electric when unplugged.
So anyone tried the artcore series out? How do they sound?

Thanks
JimmyCraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:43 PM   #2
hydraone
Free Bird

The thing that always kept me away from the Artcore hollows is their lack of a rear access panel
Any work or repairs to the things must be done through the f-holes.

Other than that, nice guitars.

Isn't this where...
hydraone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:12 PM   #3
dannyalcatraz

The Artcore series is pretty nice. Good value for money.i was taking lessons when they were first introduced to the market, and my instructor said that, if he didn't already have a Gretsch, he'd have picked one up in a second.

Not because it was comparable to what he had, but because it was such a bargain for its price.

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!
dannyalcatraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:03 PM   #4
ConcertShooter
Banned

I bought an Epiphone 339 Pro in cherry but would have purchase this Ibanez Artcore AM93 Semi-Hollow Electric Guitar if I had had the extra cash. It's a piece of art in addition to a great value for the money.

Last edited by ConcertShooter : 02-10-2013 at 02:06 PM.
ConcertShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:19 PM   #5
ZepJunkie
Strataholic

someone had me install 4 new pots and a new set of burstbuckers in one. Took me 12 hours. If you plan on modding it, do not buy this guitar.
ZepJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:17 AM   #6
jpnyc

Artcore guitars are the best thing on the market for the price, especially the way Gretsch and Epiphone have raised the prices on their comparable models. Used Artcores sell cheap, so keep an eye on Craigslist.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:58 AM   #7
Maximus_2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZepJunkie
someone had me install 4 new pots and a new set of burstbuckers in one. Took me 12 hours. If you plan on modding it, do not buy this guitar.

12hrs !?!!! how did it take that long?

Quote:
"tubetime86"
This wasnt even a cool story... Bro.
Maximus_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:32 AM   #8
progdude93
Banned

I'd look for a used Epiphone. Look for the Wildkat, Sheraton, Dot (Wildkat is my favorite).
progdude93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:42 AM   #9
Dudage
West Coast Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpnyc
Artcore guitars are the best thing on the market for the price, especially the way Gretsch and Epiphone have raised the prices on their comparable models. Used Artcores sell cheap, so keep an eye on Craigslist.

+1

The only Artcore I've ever played was my old teacher's. It was an early 90's Japanese one, and it totally kicked ass. For 500 bucks, you probably won't get a Japanese one, but I generally find that Ibanez stuff in that price range is pretty decent compared to other brands.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:35 AM   #10
MetalMike676

For what I've messed around on them I was fairly impressed, definitely worth a look

Pro life, pro gun, health nut, Christian and conservative. I make no apologies if what I say pisses anybody off.
MetalMike676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:30 PM   #11
progdude93
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudage
+1

The only Artcore I've ever played was my old teacher's. It was an early 90's Japanese one, and it totally kicked ass. For 500 bucks, you probably won't get a Japanese one, but I generally find that Ibanez stuff in that price range is pretty decent compared to other brands.

Don't compare MIJ with Chinese, Korean, or Indonesian made guitars. We all know who the superior Asians are.
progdude93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:07 PM   #12
phank

I have the AF75. It's comfortable, attractive, easy to play, and has a nice sound. It also rattles a bit, and I've had the frets dressed a couple of times. Like other fully hollow guitars, it tends to find frequencies that cause something on the guitar to vibrate, and feedback is an issue.

But for $350, it's hard to go wrong.
phank is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: