Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-20-2013, 06:25 AM   #81
Viban
UG's resident bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sputnik1
I love how you bitch and moan like you live in Siberia, when you are only one to two hours from Chicago. There are plenty of shops there that carry good gear, plus I'm sure the used market is better there.

Actually, up here craigslist runs pretty dry for quite a bit of the year. I dunno if you've ever tried driving in to chicago, but being 2 hours from chicago puts him about 3.5 hours from getting into the city, it is gridlocked daily just about. If you know what you want though you can usually find it if you scour hard enough.
Viban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:14 AM   #82
Sputnik1
He's A Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viban
Actually, up here craigslist runs pretty dry for quite a bit of the year. I dunno if you've ever tried driving in to chicago, but being 2 hours from chicago puts him about 3.5 hours from getting into the city, it is gridlocked daily just about. If you know what you want though you can usually find it if you scour hard enough.

I lived in Indiana my entire life until last year. 90/94 can be a bitch near downtown but there are shops like Make N' Music that sell boutique gear and I'm sure there are others. That's why I say he should look in Chicago since South Bend isn't a hot bed of activity.
Sputnik1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:23 AM   #83
Viban
UG's resident bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sputnik1
I lived in Indiana my entire life until last year. 90/94 can be a bitch near downtown but there are shops like Make N' Music that sell boutique gear and I'm sure there are others. That's why I say he should look in Chicago since South Bend isn't a hot bed of activity.

Well I'm kinda in between the both of ya, it's about an hour for me each way and the gear is pretty dry here. I can tell ya that the porter/lake county area doesn't have much available for any decent price, and it appears to be the trend in the surrounding areas. I went to a pawn shop that was selling a blue voodoo head for $500 in the local area, and all of the other music shops I've been to aren't really any different, I've just resolved to ordering from GC and returning what I don't like.

Also, sorry for getting snippy with ya about the driving to chicago thing, most people I hear who say just go to chicago act like it's like driving into merrilville. Seriously though the traffic issues are so stupid, there is absolutely no reason for them most of the time. I remember one time my family was taking a trip up to Wisconsin and it took us 2 1/2 hours to get through the city because of gaper's delay.

Last edited by Viban : 01-20-2013 at 07:28 AM.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:12 PM   #84
romeozdistress

i usually just do what you said. go online and return it if somethings wrong with it.
Digitech Bad Monkey
Joyo Ultimate Octava
Snark SN1
romeozdistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:01 PM   #85
ihartfood
Potato Faced Blind Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeozdistress
i usually just do what you said. go online and return it if somethings wrong with it.

haha, that's what I do but just cuz I'm a lazy as
Old 01-20-2013, 02:25 PM   #86
Robbgnarly

Quote:
Well I'm kinda in between the both of ya, it's about an hour for me each way and the gear is pretty dry here. I can tell ya that the porter/lake county area doesn't have much available for any decent price, and it appears to be the trend in the surrounding areas. I went to a pawn shop that was selling a blue voodoo head for $500 in the local area, and all of the other music shops I've been to aren't really any different, I've just resolved to ordering from GC and returning what I don't like.

Also, sorry for getting snippy with ya about the driving to chicago thing, most people I hear who say just go to chicago act like it's like driving into merrilville. Seriously though the traffic issues are so stupid, there is absolutely no reason for them most of the time. I remember one time my family was taking a trip up to Wisconsin and it took us 2 1/2 hours to get through the city because of gaper's delay.

What is the situation with your JCM900 mkII? is Gc going to fix you up?
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Robbgnarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:32 PM   #87
romeozdistress

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihartfood
haha, that's what I do but just cuz I'm a lazy as

im pretty ****ing lazy myself lol. i just dont feel like driving that far for anything. i think ive pretty much decided on a 6505 122 or another vypyr tube with the pedal. ill have to make that deicision myself.
Digitech Bad Monkey
Joyo Ultimate Octava
Snark SN1
Old 01-20-2013, 02:37 PM   #88
Viban
UG's resident bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbgnarly
What is the situation with your JCM900 mkII? is Gc going to fix you up?

IDK man, my dad is dragging his ass on this and its starting to aggravate me.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:41 PM   #89
Robbgnarly

Quote:
IDK man, my dad is dragging his ass on this and its starting to aggravate me.

Have you even called the GC you ordered it from?

If not there is a good chance that they will not do anything for you because of the time that has passed.
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Robbgnarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:44 PM   #90
gregs1020
Hi mom!

Quote:

it just depends on the time of day, day of the week. our traffic sucks but it's consistent.

craigslist chicago has been kinda boring lately.

if i've ever aspired for anything...
gregs1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:35 PM   #91
romeozdistress

Im really now considring the Krank Rev Jr head now. maybe grabbing a mesa or orange 1x12 or something. either that or the 6505 112 really. but i like the fact the krank is only 20 watts. really leaning toward that right now even thought I've never played one. I wonder how good of an idea I can get from the model on my vypyr?
Digitech Bad Monkey
Joyo Ultimate Octava
Snark SN1
Old 01-30-2013, 03:11 AM   #92
romeozdistress

Ive seen some jet city 100 watt heads for as low as $350. seems really low to me. whats the deal?
Digitech Bad Monkey
Joyo Ultimate Octava
Snark SN1
Old 01-30-2013, 03:48 AM   #93
R45VT
Doesn't speak guitar

Jet city is not a bad amp.i can't remember anyone having problems.

Still may not be what you are after.
R45VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:06 AM   #94
romeozdistress

Quote:
Originally Posted by R45VT
Jet city is not a bad amp.i can't remember anyone having problems.

Still may not be what you are after.

yeah probably not. my return was accepted by the irs sunday. So it shouldnt very long now. really wish I could hear the krank rev jr in person lol. i really like the idea of it only being 20 watts. and I could probably just grab a cheap 112 cab like jet city or something like that. but people say the tone is different and alot of people dont like it. and now i see a krankenstein jr for $350. seems like it would be better with the clean channel its switchable.

but then you have the 6505 112 that can be had for $400 or less. xxx for $350. such a tough decision. rev jr $299. blah lol
Digitech Bad Monkey
Joyo Ultimate Octava
Snark SN1

Last edited by romeozdistress : 01-30-2013 at 04:19 AM.

Rate This Thread: