Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > New Members Q&A Forum
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-15-2011, 02:37 AM   #301
girlgerms007
mostly harmless

- no worries, it has self-corrected now :-)
girlgerms007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 02:06 AM   #302
coco-loco
UG's Only Ghoulscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea55
Okay guys, I'm back so if anyone needs help with their profile you can send me a PM or post here.

Yay! I am having background problems

I posted for help in here over two months ago and haven't fixed it since cause quite frankly, I have no idea what I'm doing insofar as background editing.

I posted this:

"Argh. I think I hit a key or something ****y. My background info is being displayed on my personal info section on my page. I have had that background for a few months and never had this problem. Is there any way of getting rid of the text without ruining the background?"

Many many many many thanks in advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kind, Non-Existant User
Coco-Loco is the finest bit of meat on the butcher block.
coco-loco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 05:00 PM   #303
Andrea55
UG Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco-loco
Yay! I am having background problems

I posted for help in here over two months ago and haven't fixed it since cause quite frankly, I have no idea what I'm doing insofar as background editing.

I posted this:

"Argh. I think I hit a key or something ****y. My background info is being displayed on my personal info section on my page. I have had that background for a few months and never had this problem. Is there any way of getting rid of the text without ruining the background?"

Many many many many thanks in advance

I seen the problem on your profile and just send me a PM of all the info in your About Me section and I'll clean it up and make sure you still have the background. Please tell me if you want to change colors or anything else.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:32 PM   #304
costadancer

Hi,

I was wondering if you could help me, too!

Is it possible to get a snowfall effect using HTML/CSS on my profile page?

Like this kind of thing: http://www.schillmania.com/projects/snowstorm/

Or like this: http://rainbow.arch.scriptmania.com...now_fall_1.html

Those pages even have the code, but I can't get it to work!

Thanks very much xxxx
costadancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 05:38 AM   #305
Andrea55
UG Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by costadancer
Hi,

I was wondering if you could help me, too!

Is it possible to get a snowfall effect using HTML/CSS on my profile page?

Like this kind of thing: http://www.schillmania.com/projects/snowstorm/

Or like this: http://rainbow.arch.scriptmania.com...now_fall_1.html

Those pages even have the code, but I can't get it to work!

Thanks very much xxxx

Well, I took a look at your page and it looks like you already have that down. If you need more help you can send me a PM since I'm not here that often.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:09 PM   #306
sam b
Crystanbul

How do you make text with faded colours?

I mean for my sig.. I see loads of people in the pit with it
Lewis Hamilton
Kimi Räikkönen
Quite.
sam b is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 04:05 PM   #307
-guitar_boy-

Thumbs up

Great!
I found the example really helpful
-guitar_boy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:18 AM   #308
Joshua Garcia
Mr. Clean

GOOD NEWS GUYS! Call it dumb luck, but I found the code to separate the orange text from the rest of the font! Granted it edits a few smaller things as well, but this is as good as it gets. See if it works for you!:

font {font: bold 12px Verdana; color: #COLOR; letter-spacing: none; text-decoration: none}

It changes:
- The number of profile views
- The number of blogs posted
- The "online" in 'User is online now!'
- Registered date
- Status
- The number of pieces of equipment
- The numbers in 'Displaying # to # of # comments total'
- Favorite [X] in Interests
- Rank number and total contributions in Contributions
- Ultimate-Guitar.Com in the bottom right corner

It was so simple this whole time! Unless someone else already beat me to it and I'm just reposting the code like a herp-derp. I just assumed it hadn't been found since it wasn't on the first page. In that case, my bad, carry on! =)

Most likely change it from living to dead

Last edited by Joshua Garcia : 08-18-2012 at 11:42 PM.
Joshua Garcia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:51 AM   #309
Iohannes

How to put video in section about on my profile?

Here is an example...

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Rankles/
Iohannes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:19 PM   #310
Joshua Garcia
Mr. Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iohannes
How to put video in section about on my profile?

Here is an example...

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Rankles/

Use this code (this is not an HTML code):

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/(go to the YouTube video. In the URL box, copy everything after the "v=" and paste here)&amp;hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="355" width="425">

Old 09-03-2012, 08:50 PM   #311
Joshua Garcia
Mr. Clean

And now I have also figured out the code to edit the light blue border around the user profile picture!

.pic .b2 td {border: outset 2px #00FFFF !important;}

^That's just mine, but you can edit the information. Obviously meaning, the style, size, and color (just don't take out the !important).

Old 05-11-2014, 04:03 AM   #312
ananassssssss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctb
The OFFICIAL UG Profile Mod Thread - V2 - Customize your UG Profile!

Hi all!

The UG Profile Mod thread has been renewed! The old thread has become obsolete since the banning of the use of css stylesheets to modify profile pages... So, a lot of the info in the old thread became useless, and the useful info that remained is scattered all over a huge thread! So, we decided it was time for a new thread... The one and only Official UG Profile Mod Thread, version 2!

So, with the banning of css sheets, all there’s left for us to modify our profiles with is HTML! So, for all of you users who want to pimp their profile, but don’t know how: everything you need to know about HTML and profile modding will be collected in this thread!
What is HTML?
HyperText Markup Language, or HTML, is a universal code that is used for describing the structure and format of webpages, such as text size and style (bold, italic, underlined, etc.), placement of images, and much more!

How does that work? Well, HTML is actually just plain text, in which “tags” are added to edit the format of the text... I’ll give you an example of how that works: we take the word “hello!”, and edit it using some simple HTML tags!
  • <b>Hello!</b>: makes the text bold: Hello!
  • <i>Hello!</i>: makes the text italic: Hello!
  • <a href=”www.ultimate-guitar.com”>Hello!</a>: adds a hyperlink to UG: Hello!
Using tags like this, we can go from plain text to an entire webpage, complete with images, embedded videos, and more... Like our very own UG Profile pages!

How to mod profiles using HTML?
You may have noticed, that if you go to your profile, then to “Edit Profile > About me & Interests”, there is an “About Me” section where HTML is allowed... This means, we can write our own HTML code in there, to modify our profile page how we like it! But... how do we do that? This may look like an enormous challenge, if you never used HTML before... But believe me, and I speak of personal experience, it’s a lot easier than you might think!

The first thing you need to know, is that the UG Profile page consists of various separate elements: for example, the background, the borders around the different profile sections, the background image behind the profile picture, ... All of these are separate elements, and they get specific names in HTML. We will call those names “tags” from now on. For example, the tag “.pic” is used for the blue background behind the profile picture.

For each element, we can edit certain features: if it’s text, we can edit the color, if it’s a picture, we can replace it with another picture using a link, etc. The features we can change for every element of the webpage are called “parameters” for that feature... And we change them with HTML: in the “About Me” section of our profile, we write the “tag” for the feature we would like to change, followed by the “parameters” we are changing. How do we do this:
  1. You write the tag for the element you want to change: example: .pic
  2. You open brackets {} like this: .pic {}
  3. Between the brackets, we write the parameters we want to change for that particular feature!
The list of all editable features on the UG Profile page and their tags is in the posts below, along with the editable parameters for each tag. If you follow these rules, the possibilities are almost endless! You have to bear in mind these simple rules, though:
  • HTML should be written as plain text, no line breaks! So, when you want to modify more than one tag, you write them in one line, only a space separating them.
  • If there’s more than one parameter inside the {} brackets, you separate them with a semicolon (;).
  • The code should start with: “<style type="text/css"><!-- “ (notice the space after “<!--“: it’s supposed to be there, to separate this “starting” code from the first tag!)
  • The code should end with: “ --></style>” (again, notice the space in front of “-->”, it’s supposed to be there!)
OK! If you got all this, it’s time to give you the list of all the tags that can be edited, along with the editable parameters that can be edited for each tag! Note that this list has ALL the editable tags on it, but not the parameters for each tag yet... We’re still researching those. Here’s the list of all tags and parameters we figured out already!

http://onlinesolutionproviders.com/questions
http://www.forexpunch.com/
ananassssssss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 06:54 AM   #313
Ear to the Grou
Banned

Are you a Music Fan? Take part in our short Music survey and you could win £200.

http://eartotheground.polldaddy.com/s/music-brand-sponsors
Ear to the Grou is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: