SamxNHO
Daylight Dies

is ur fretboard like made of knives?
SamxNHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 09:09 PM   #22
LordBattlecrisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggHound
Right, now think of what happens to your guitar between the factory and your hands.

You don't have to worry about the frets shrinking. They aren't really porous enough to worry about. It's all about the fretboard shrinking or expanding - and it's not really going to affect things if it expands over the ends of the frets, because it's not like the bridge and nut expand either.

Basically, the wood bits expand or contract just a bit based on weather; humidity, temperature, all that. When the weather warms up, at least to a stabilisation point, your fretboard will expand again, and probably over the ends of the frets. Then you don't have a problem. But if you want to wait until then to avoid cutting yourself on the frets, then it's a matter of filing away the fret sprout, or getting someone else to do it for you.

k, I will file them...nuff said...end of thread...To those who helped me, thank you.

I will look at this thread a year (or perhaps a week) from now and be embarassed. Im a noob. Peace

Last edited by LordBattlecrisp : 02-09-2007 at 09:11 PM.
LordBattlecrisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:10 PM   #23
australiawild
Banned

There are a lot of wankers out there....
I had the same problem with my strat ... hot climate ... cold ... humid made no difference the frets were still
Sharp ... get a small engineers file and some Emery 120 grit and carefully take the edges off... dont rush it !!!!
How's the dick head with the microwave ........ what a knob !!!!!!
australiawild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:26 PM   #24
W4RP1G
Please, call me Pig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiawild
There are a lot of wankers out there....
I had the same problem with my strat ... hot climate ... cold ... humid made no difference the frets were still
Sharp ... get a small engineers file and some Emery 120 grit and carefully take the edges off... dont rush it !!!!
How's the dick head with the microwave ........ what a knob !!!!!!

This thread is over 5 years old.
W4RP1G is offline   Reply With Quote
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread: