Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Bass Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Closed Thread
Old 12-15-2012, 06:48 PM   #21
CJ Noble
WAHAHA~!
 
CJ Noble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Biloxi, Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliide90027
Sorry about the duplicate message.

Just keep advertising for them. It does not matter to me.

I doubt that one will find inspiration in these instruments to be a student for very long. Not just the price point, for I have found many Boutique basses to lack inspiration. In fact, most of them.

We need to realize what is marketed to us, and realize that becasue of what is marketed to us, there are really fine excellent, and flat out inspiring instruments that are falling into the used market which can be had in the beginners price range, or just $50 more.

While Fender delineated the parameters of the first successful mass production bass, we are in the 21st Century now, and so much has been learned as those instruments aged and Toured.

The 21st Century and all of that knowledge deserves a Redefinition of the Bass Guitar, even past the plankie necked MM Stingray which I love the tone of but just cannot get to the cash register with (certainly NOT at $1500).

Yep I am a fool who started out on something like the Rondo, a Heit.
Yep I am a Fool who wasted my Time moving to a Fender Precision 73 with a home made J Pickup.
Yep I am a Fool who wasted my Time with a Hand made B.C. Rich Mockingbird which had a cut inconsistency in the grain at the 4th fret twisting the neck, but Auditioned for Northside H.S. for the performing Arts and was accepted and was the Fool who twice was a semi-finalist for All State Jazz in Ga.
Yep I am the Fool who wasted 2 years of my life at Ga State University School of Music Studying jazz Performance for 2 years.
Yep Im the Fool who opened every major Chrisitian Music Festival East of the Rockier in 1987.
Yep I am the fool who got a $5K Boutique instrument out of Pawn with an SWR Amp and Eden 410XLT for $795, and sold the amp for $400, the Cab for $500, and the Bass for $1400 (its standard used price)[At least I was not the fool who paid $5K for that fine instrument]

Yep I am the fool who took all of that money and bought 4 midline Basses that still Kick the ass of the $5K Boutique instrument.

Yes yes yes! I am a Fool. For the Tone of the Bass Guitar.

New is vanity and Marketing - Muddy Waters said a Guitar cannot properly play the Blues until it has been Pawn'd.

Features are not that which they are said to be without certain elements within the build quality

After 6 years of playing music you should know that inspiration does not come with a Label.

I am sure that Rondo will shake the Recording Industry. But then again, I am a Fool.

sorry mate but this all sounds really pretentious
__________________
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
CJ Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:39 PM   #22
Sliide90027
Registered User
 
Sliide90027's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
How can it be CJ?

I admitted that I was a fool, as the guy said.

What part of my foolishness was pretentious? The wasting my life part, or the not getting paid anything for it?

I agreed with him.

I, unlike him who was born with all knowledge and nevertheless came to this site to ask questions of which he already knew the answer to because we all know that one generally gets what they pay for from reputable operations, had to do a lot of foolishness to get where I am in my life,a nd due to that foolishness is pretty much nowhere.

So, no I do not think it is pretentious at all CJ do tell?

other boards you get kicked off for not agreeing with people when they are abusive and report you to the PC Trolls.

Last edited by Sliide90027 : 12-15-2012 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Modified
Sliide90027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:55 AM   #23
.30over
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
There will always be people that will go against whatever is accepted. Thousands of years of musicians tinkering away at their instruments to learn how to make them better; what wood will give a better sound, what material makes a better bridge, nut, fingerboard, neck, what gear ratio allows for better tuning! And people today will still sit here on their pedestal and declare that the material in your instrument means nothing. Because they HAVE to go against the grain. Believing that ancient held truths might be right would hurt them somehow.

Get the instrument that you yourself can find something desirable in, try it out and see if it talks to you. If it does you have no need to ask anyone for their opinion. If it doesn't, you should of made a better choice.
.30over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:28 AM   #24
Deliriumbassist
UG's only DB
 
Deliriumbassist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Presidential Palace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliide90027
Seeing the Rondo Posts on TalkBass is kind of a give away.


Concerning the whole 'Rondo advertiser' malarkey, Rondo/SX has been discussed, recommended and discouraged on this board for most of the six years I've been a member here, by the regulars. We have a number of regulars who own a Rondo/SX, and even more that have tried the instrument. You've been registered for a matter of months. Whilst that doesn't make you any less of a forum member, it does mean that you aren't aware of the 'landscape' of the forum, so to speak. And part of that landscape is that Rondo/SX is considered a good/decent beginner's brand by most, and problematic by others. The name is mentioned regularly in threads by regular members. In fact, a Rond 'plant' in this forum would probably be wasting his time.
__________________
YES! YES! YES!

Deliriumbassist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:14 AM   #25
chatterbox272
Registered User
 
chatterbox272's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliide90027
Expand for excessively long brand hating rant


I swear every time I see you post in a thread I think "shit, here we go again". Since you joined, what 2 months ago? you've posted various vague, generally unhelpful answers (there are a few exceptions); disagreed with about everything that is generally accepted on this (and other) forums as being good advice; and generally just been a PITA.
I have no clue what a blues guitarists opinion has to do with metal bass (even with an acceptable jazz tone). New instruments have their place, as do used ones. No-one cares that you went to music school, I've seen good musicians come from the worst of schools, and bad ones come from the best, it doesn't matter. TBH it just sounds like you want to blow your own horn about how great you are when nobody really cares. Take that attitude over to Talkbass, where there are many professional musicians and see how far you get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliide90027
Seeing the Rondo Posts on TalkBass is kind of a give away.

Because you know, UG and Talkbass are the same thing .
chatterbox272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:13 PM   #26
Sliide90027
Registered User
 
Sliide90027's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Since we are being honest

Hey! Thanks for your feeback Chatterbox.
I have had two or three people thank me for my thoughtful input, on reading, staff to Fretboard transpositin, amps, tone, etc. All things I wish someone had take the time to give me as I started out.

So I suppose you in your disatisfaction are in a minority.

Can't make everyone happy, even when admitting to be a fool.

I guess you need to do yourself favor and stop reading my posts and save money on Blood Pressure Medication, and time of all the score keeping that you appear to be doing following me around. (That is unless you have purpose in stalking me.)

That should be great since you can learn nothing from me.

You and much of what is now humanity cannot handle any level of controversy, nor contratian thought as I learned on another forum. Nevertheless, I have seen plenty of contrarian discourses erupt over here around speakers and their arrangment in cabinets, but I do not bother with that acedemic stuff, because people want to know what works off he shelf.

I am glad that this place has room for a controlled level of controversy, unlike the Troll Nazi Mods of the Bass world who would ban people for calling another a FOOL or making fun of people who spend thousnds on exotic tone wood and say that it does not effect tone (only the cute butterfly does).

Your TBH comment seems rather misguided as you mistaken my admission ofhaving been dragged around the block a couple of times, by the musical pickup truck, with some sort of delusion of greatness.

You seem filled with hate about something.

It appears that you have a serious problem with me exercising my First Amendment Rights.

Now why is that? Is it the tone of my voice, my heavy eyebrow?

In light of the recent trageies of our Nation, I hope for safety of those around you that you can get the help you need.

Last edited by Sliide90027 : 12-17-2012 at 01:23 AM.
Sliide90027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:15 AM   #27
vIsIbleNoIsE
The Asian-Viking Paradox
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
hey Sliide! i don't mean to bring down the level of conversation, but...you started it (by accusing me of being a Rondo plant...if you don't recall anymore...).

i think if you would just stop taking everything so seriously and come back down to Earth where everyone else here is (mostly), everyone would get along much better.

anyway, thanks to the people who did give helpful advice!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
vIsIbleNoIsE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:25 AM   #28
JAHellraiser
Registered User
 
JAHellraiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
on another note, playing through an amp sim is no fun. look at getting a used bass amp if you're low on cash or don't want to spend a ton.
JAHellraiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:27 AM   #29
chatterbox272
Registered User
 
chatterbox272's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliide90027
I guess you need to do yourself favor and stop reading my posts and save money on Blood Pressure Medication, and time of all the score keeping that you appear to be doing following me around. (That is unless you have purpose in stalking me.)

Unfortunately I have to read your posts to be a productive member of these forums, so as not to continuously restate what has been said. And just because I frequent the bass forum (and have for longer than you've been a member here) doesn't mean I'm following you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliide90027
Can't make everyone happy, even when admitting to be a fool.

That's because the way you've written it makes you come off as a sarcastic dickhead, whether that was intentional or not I don't know but that's the way it seems to me and seemingly a few others here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliide90027
You seem filled with hate about something.

If you want to see my response for that open the spoiler tag. It's not very nice.
show


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliide90027
It appears that you have a serious problem with me exercising my First Amendment Rights.

No, I have a problem with how you're using those rights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliide90027
Now why is that? Is it the tone of my voice, my heavy eyebrow?
Brilliant example of why you're coming off as a sarcastic dickhead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliide90027
In light of the recent trageies of our Nation, I hope for safety of those around you that you can get the help you need.

My opinions on your nation has absolutely no place here in Bass, and probably no place on UG, so I will keep it out of this. But I'd suggest you don't make the assumption that we are all American, because just because this is an English speaking forum doesn't mean we're all from America (logically, England should be more likely for an English speaking forum. But whatever).

Also do not bring my friends/family into this 'discussion'. That's quite obviously an attempt to provoke me.
chatterbox272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:10 AM   #30
Alucard817
Registered User
 
Alucard817's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
@ Slide:
I agree with Chatterbox here. You are coming off as a sarcastic asshole.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Alucard817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:06 AM   #31
BassTapp
Registered User
 
BassTapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard817
@ Slide:
I agree with Chatterbox here. You are coming off as a sarcastic asshole.


Agreed.
BassTapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:09 AM   #32
Sliide90027
Registered User
 
Sliide90027's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Well Chat, you seem to be a very unhappy and judgmental type of character, filled with rage, who demands that all people speak as you do, and think as you do, or there is something wrong with them.

That is very sad.

Unanimity is something very familiar to most of the world, but not Americans educated before Political Correctness of the 1990's.

Its attributes are foreign to most of the world, along with Independent thought and free enterprise uninterrrupted by Aristocracies and Monarchies, and fostered the culture of Rock (Rejects, Misfits, Rebels, and Ruffians).

Sad you say regarding your own words. Your opinions, even restating knowledge of others (as Tabb and Alu here have stated regarding myself) is still of value as you re-enforce a truth learned by your own experience. Believe it or not that is helpful to people, because you will state it in a way that others will not, and that will connect to someone.

That is why there are multiple methods of teaching, like when I taught a dyslexic Colelge student how to pass the Test on the Bossa Nova beat in College Percussion Class. (She did better than I)

So no, you do not have to read anything I write, especially since you know that you will never say nor repeat anything that I will.

Tapp and Alu, I suppose that is why there was at one time long ago a free market place of ideas.

So far this place has been one.

For ou two, I am not sure where feeling a level of confidence in ones position became reason for ad hominum attacks and name calling. It used to be that people would say things like "well, that was rather harsh", perhaps even "I think that you killed the patient", even "you do not suffer ignorance very well do you", or "I do not think your sarcasim is really called for in this circumstance" or on off chance "You really seem spirited about this subject, tell us how you really feel", but Fool, and dickhead and any other number of the ad hominum adjectives that we can use to call one another usally reflects more so on the user than the issuer.

I suppose that the disagreement of registered users with my style and knowledge will determine that I will be the first to see if this place ceases to be so in the near future.

If my knowledge of things is so useless, why do I get hired on First Auditions regularly?

If my style is so objectionable, why do people keep gathering around it while I am mostly introverted.

I do look at and see things outside the box, and looking at this, I do not think that any of this is me, but that you guys, who have called me out using ad hominum attacks, have nothing. Otherwise, as Chat says, why does anything I say matter?

Last edited by Sliide90027 : 12-17-2012 at 11:22 AM. Reason: dealing with ad hominum hypocracy
Sliide90027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:45 AM   #33
JAHellraiser
Registered User
 
JAHellraiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
all that typing and I didn't read
JAHellraiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:56 AM   #34
vIsIbleNoIsE
The Asian-Viking Paradox
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAHellraiser
all that typing and I didn't read


what a shame, it was utterly gripping!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
vIsIbleNoIsE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:51 AM   #35
Reaper.
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
So,is that a yes or a no on the Fender Hoppus?
Reaper. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:21 AM   #36
anarkee
oh the horror!
 
anarkee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Satellite of love
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper.
So,is that a yes or a no on the Fender Hoppus?


If I were you, I'd start my own thread. This one has gotten buried in someones poor attempt at pretentious polemics.
__________________
"I have suffered for my music and now it's your turn." Neil Innes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutter_101
Don't you mean "Why do we alcoholics keep taking about bass?"?


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LHWok-9xhc Yup.
anarkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:40 AM   #37
zakkwyldefan79
Retired GB&C Mod
 
zakkwyldefan79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kentucky
vIsIbleNoIsE, I'm closing this thread to end the arguement. You have permission to start a new thread if you want.

Sliide90027, if he starts a new thread DO NOT POST IN IT! You don't like Rondo, we know that already, so there is no reason for you to post in it. If you do, you will be banned. You've been warned.
zakkwyldefan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:44 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.