User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 04-19-2015, 12:54 AM   #22621
BobDetroit
►Motor City ♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire_State
How much horsepower will a Buick 455 Motor with Ram Air and a roller cam put out?

On unleaded pump gas? 250hp
BobDetroit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 05:26 PM   #22622
Lt. Shinysides
Perma'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaoxi
@daytripper: keep doin what you doin

@rpd I THINK I saw an Atom as well a few weeks ago. I couldn't believe it...

Found this on bimmerpost:

lol

holy shit dude. where I come from, that's attempted murder, at the VERY least its aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. all on video too. i'd be surprised if that guy doesn't get a LONG stint in jail for that psychopathic shit.
Old 04-19-2015, 05:30 PM   #22623
chrismendiola
Microphone Assassin

I went to a car show for the first time today. It was about a ten minute walk away from me, too, and apparently it happens often so I gotta go to more of those soon. It was cool, a handful of Lamborghinis and Ferarris. I'd never seen a GTR or a 12C in person until then. The R8 makes a terrific noise. But the treats of the day were the Ferrari California and the 599.
Old 04-19-2015, 05:43 PM   #22624
daytripper75
Hold mah diiiick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismendiola
But the treats of the day were the Ferrari California and the 599.

On Friday a guy picked up a California at the auction I work at, and it sounded amazing when he fired up the engine.

SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE!
daytripper75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:46 AM   #22625
Xiaoxi
Registered Luser

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDetroit
Today I stopped at the ice cream place that usually attracts nice cars and I'm treated to an all white 90's Thunderbird Supercoupe with an aftermarket hood and a big rear wing and a sign in the window that said "don't touch" parked sideways taking up about 5 spaces. I parked in the only remaining space and the guy acted like I had side swiped his Bugatti.

I just don't understand how anyone has the balls to do this. It is asking to get keyed at best. And in goddamn Detroit of all places?! What a dumb motherfucker.

Quote:
This is what gives us German luxury car drivers a bad rep, TBF.

I remember theguitarist saying something about how bimmers have a bad reputation of being associated with seedy bitches... now I know why he thinks that way lol

check out this nice Supra video I found earlier:

I want to recognise your beauty's not just a mask
I want to exorcise the demons from your past
I want to satisfy the undisclosed desires in your heart

Last edited by Xiaoxi : Yesterday at 12:47 AM.
Xiaoxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:51 AM   #22626
chrismendiola
Microphone Assassin

Quote:
I remember theguitarist saying something about how bimmers have a bad reputation of being associated with seedy bitches... now I know why he thinks that way lol

"BMW drivers are all cocks. But now those cocks are driving Audis."

Paraphrasing Jeremy Clarkson, former Top Gear presenter.

Old Yesterday, 01:21 AM   #22627
Xiaoxi
Registered Luser

Quote:
"BMW drivers are all cocks. But now those cocks are driving Audis."

Paraphrasing Jeremy Clarkson, former Top Gear presenter.

loool

any updates on the car replacement situation?

Old Yesterday, 01:41 AM   #22628
chrismendiola
Microphone Assassin

Quote:
loool

any updates on the car replacement situation?

I think I'd found two more that met my requirements, but they were sold by the time I called (one of which was a 2010 coupe with 50,000 miles for $18,000 and was sold the day before I called). The market's tough for a used 6MT car.

Anyway, I went to go check out this 335i in Manhattan and the appraisal for my C300 was way lower than I expected and we would lose way too much money since the car hasn't been in our possession for even six months (we're upside-down on the loan by a lot). I think we might wait it out a while and possibly sell my mum's X3 because we're much farther along in that loan- I don't think we're upside down on it anymore. I talked to my dad about it and we agreed that a better plan may be to just sit and wait until tax refund season and use whatever money we can get out of that and use it for a down payment on an S4 (maybe S5 coupe with the 3.0L if we have more money than we expect to have). I'd almost prefer it because if I'm going to have AWD, I'd prefer Quattro over xDrive and I'd get a bit more power. I don't know which I like most, to be honest, I'm a huge BMW fan (especially of the 3 and 5 series) but an S4/S5 sounds just as good.

I figure I'm still very young, I can compromise at my age. But come time when I'm making my own money, I'd ideally find myself in a situation where I'm not deciding, I'll be in the market for an F10 M3- it isn't my favourite M3 but the 3.0L will make it a viable daily driver.
Old Yesterday, 06:56 AM   #22629
Good_Lord
Rumble on

Location: Quebec, Quebec, Canada. Yup that's right bitches, a Quebec within Quebec

I'm just leaving this in here. I can't watch it too often or else I'll end up buying one on impulse and ruin my financial situation.
Old Yesterday, 10:24 PM   #22630
Xiaoxi
Registered Luser

Quote:
I think I'd found two more that met my requirements, but they were sold by the time I called (one of which was a 2010 coupe with 50,000 miles for $18,000 and was sold the day before I called). The market's tough for a used 6MT car.

Anyway, I went to go check out this 335i in Manhattan and the appraisal for my C300 was way lower than I expected and we would lose way too much money since the car hasn't been in our possession for even six months (we're upside-down on the loan by a lot). I think we might wait it out a while and possibly sell my mum's X3 because we're much farther along in that loan- I don't think we're upside down on it anymore. I talked to my dad about it and we agreed that a better plan may be to just sit and wait until tax refund season and use whatever money we can get out of that and use it for a down payment on an S4 (maybe S5 coupe with the 3.0L if we have more money than we expect to have). I'd almost prefer it because if I'm going to have AWD, I'd prefer Quattro over xDrive and I'd get a bit more power. I don't know which I like most, to be honest, I'm a huge BMW fan (especially of the 3 and 5 series) but an S4/S5 sounds just as good.

I figure I'm still very young, I can compromise at my age. But come time when I'm making my own money, I'd ideally find myself in a situation where I'm not deciding, I'll be in the market for an F10 M3- it isn't my favourite M3 but the 3.0L will make it a viable daily driver.

Yep, these cars take a huge hit on depreciation. I thought coupes weren't in the cards... If they are, I strongly urge you to consider a 135i !

But good call on the S4. My co-worker's early 2000s S4 is great!! And it was the perfect size too, not bloated like today's sedans.

But an F10 M3? lol I think you mean F80....F10s are the 5 series. I used to be in love with the F8x's but no more. They're too bloated. E46, or E92 which is still bloated but has that awesome V8. If the next generation does not fix the size problem, I will no longer care about M3s at all. M2s all the way.

^lol good lord you must have posted that video like 3 times already!!

This video's making headlines today:

skip to around 3:10... this guy is bragging about his...C CLASS?!?! LMAO. What is even more dumbfounding is that it's an E Class...nevermind that's still nothing to brag about. I cringed so hard watching this.

Last edited by Xiaoxi : Yesterday at 10:26 PM.
Old Yesterday, 10:36 PM   #22631
Vampire_State
Bloodsucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDetroit
On unleaded pump gas? 250hp

I'm already 115ish over that with a 400.

Should probably mention the car is a 68 GS.
Old Yesterday, 10:41 PM   #22632
Good_Lord
Rumble on

Location: Quebec, Quebec, Canada. Yup that's right bitches, a Quebec within Quebec
Quote:

^lol good lord you must have posted that video like 3 times already!!

I know I know , but it's so great !

Ahhh clueless rich people ... owns an E class... thinks it's a C class

Last edited by Good_Lord : Yesterday at 10:43 PM.
Good_Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:55 PM   #22633
Xiaoxi
Registered Luser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_Lord
I know I know , but it's so great !

Ahhh clueless rich people ... owns an E class... thinks it's a C class

I know this goes against the core message of that video but it's just too funny how he's bragging about a car that, in LA, is basically a Camry or Accord LOL. To call him rich is being very generous.

Given how clueless he is you have to wonder if he walked up to pay the meter just to LOOK like he owned that Merc boat. Wouldn't be surprised...

One time I struck up a conversation with a guy at the gate about to head to LA. The guy told me "LA is something else...I've had women literally come up to me and the first question they asked is 'what car do you drive?' "

Rate This Thread: