"Everything sucks" - GuitarGod_92, 2014

<3 eastwinn <3
GuitarGod_92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 06:45 PM   #2022
BelowTheSun

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarGod_92
If I wanted to read Fantastic Four which run should it be hmu

Easy. Mark Waid's run. Issues 60-71 and then 501-526 (Marvel changed the numbering halfway through).
BelowTheSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 06:46 PM   #2023
Jack Off Jill
Is Voting MakinLattes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesmellspoo

a Preacher tattoo is something i've thought of recently since finishing the series. i think if i wanted to get anything super detailed i'd have to do it in multiple sessions because unless i get this new job i just interviewed for, $500 is two weeks' pay and i already have enough bills as it is. gonna have a car payment and insurance on top of that, too pretty soon.

adult life is shit. i wanna go back to elementary school.

I really want one, too. I have a special spot on my forearm saved for the day I see Steve Dillon. I'm hoping to make it to Cincy Comic Con in September so I can get Derrick Robertson to do one from Transmetropolitan or The Boys. And hopefully I can talk Eric Powell into doing my Goon skull and crossbones. Last time I saw him he wasn't doing commissions.

I was going to get a Batman inside of a heart to tattoo over my heart from Neal Adams, but he was being verbally abusive to some woman that was helping with his booth. So I said to hell with that dickhead.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.

Last edited by Jack Off Jill : 08-10-2015 at 06:48 PM.
Jack Off Jill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 06:54 PM   #2024
GuitarGod_92
the Succubus Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelowTheSun
Easy. Mark Waid's run. Issues 60-71 and then 501-526 (Marvel changed the numbering halfway through).

I'll trust you in this altho I rly dont like the art
Quote:
Originally Posted by suckersdream
I'll suck your dick
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali.guitarkid7
"Everything sucks" - GuitarGod_92, 2014

<3 eastwinn <3
GuitarGod_92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 08:22 PM   #2025
jakesmellspoo
UG Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Off Jill
I really want one, too. I have a special spot on my forearm saved for the day I see Steve Dillon. I'm hoping to make it to Cincy Comic Con in September so I can get Derrick Robertson to do one from Transmetropolitan or The Boys. And hopefully I can talk Eric Powell into doing my Goon skull and crossbones. Last time I saw him he wasn't doing commissions.

I was going to get a Batman inside of a heart to tattoo over my heart from Neal Adams, but he was being verbally abusive to some woman that was helping with his booth. So I said to hell with that dickhead.

i really need to go to Comic Con or one of the smaller events in the next year so i can meet some of these people.

if anyone's ever read any of Mitch Clem's comic strips, i've been wanting to pay the hundred or so dollars to have him and his girlfriend draw and color a picture of me. with a pizza monster/creature/pet.
It was my first day at a cardboard factory. They told me to remove my piercing. I refused and got sent home with full payment. So my shortest job was 20 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Joel
personally, i like butt
jakesmellspoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 10:50 PM   #2026
Jack Off Jill
Is Voting MakinLattes.

Message him, man. See how much it would be. It seems like a lot of money, but owning a piece of art from a favorite cartoonist is completely worth it. Especially if you are into drawing and stuff. These people will let you sit with them and give you tips, too. It's amazing.

The coolest thing is like, you can see their mistakes. So all of a sudden this amazing skill level seems attainable. I have a page from the last Goon arc, Occasions of Revenge, and you can see where Eric Powell messed up. And that's why I wanted that particular page, cause now it's like... Okay, maybe it's okay that my stuff isn't perfect. And you can see their original pencil lines, so their work isn't immediately amazing. I always feel like I need my drawings to immediately be good, and I get mad when they aren't. So it's great to look at my wall and be able to see that its not supposed to be. If you''re not familiar with Powell, look his work up. The guy is just scary good. And it can be disheartening to not be that good.

Last edited by Jack Off Jill : 08-10-2015 at 11:08 PM.
Old 08-12-2015, 09:38 PM   #2027
jakesmellspoo
UG Monkey

he's offered it before (around the holidays i think), but i just can't justify spending that much right now. i think he was asking $100 for the drawing and $200 to have his girlfriend color it, too. maybe if i have a better job in the next few months. also need to ask him what the hell's going on with one of his longest running comic strips because the site's been down for almost a year now.

i feel the same way about shit i try to draw. i've always been told by family, friends, classmates, and art teachers since i was a kid that i did really good work, but i always beat myself up when it doesn't come out EXACTLY as i envisioned it in my mind. so i pretty much gave up on it for years after high school. just picked up a cheap marker pad and some markers to give it another shot since i had this one tattoo idea last week.

i've seen some of Powell's stuff before. that shit is just inhuman.

thanks for the advice, man. i'll definitely look into getting some original sketches and meeting some artists. gonna have another go with my sketch pad right now.
It was my first day at a cardboard factory. They told me to remove my piercing. I refused and got sent home with full payment. So my shortest job was 20 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Joel
personally, i like butt
jakesmellspoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 08:02 AM   #2028
homeless-john
authentic kung fu action

Volume 10 of Y: The Last Man is here. Unfortunately, volume 9 isn't due until the start of September.
homeless-john is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 08:06 AM   #2029
TobusRex

A coworker of mine is a very talented comic book style artist. He does commission work, lemme know if you want his email.
TobusRex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 10:33 AM   #2030
Ablast

I'm rereading the first few Batman issues, classic stories of course. I'm looking for more stuff to read; preferably short series or graphic novels. Any ideas, fellas??
Old 08-17-2015, 06:38 AM   #2031
Shabalaba

Batman stuff? There's tons of posts in here about what to read. I'd imagine if you went back through ten pages you'd find a lot of recommendations. Start with the new batman stuff at Court of Owls.

So I'm going to order my first copy of Y The Last Man today but before I do I was just curious as to what versions you guys think I should get. There's the 5 larger collated editions, available in paperback and hardback, or the 10 volumes in paperback. It's very inconsequential to be honest, I'm just curious what you guys would order.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:13 AM   #2032
cha33 armstrong

Considering buying an 80s Ant - man after seeing the movie just to see how it compares, and it will go with my '86 spec spiderman collection
cha33 armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 12:57 PM   #2033
Macabre_Turtle
UG's UGer

Quote:
Marvel isn't in The Big Two anymore. Image knocked them the **** out.

Maybe based on your view of the level of quality of these three publishers. Not based on the actual success.

Covers:
STS - Emersion - Dual Guitar/Bass
STS - Redwoods - Dual Guitar
BTBAM - The Backtrack - Bass/Guitar
BTBAM - Sun of Nothing - Guitar
Macabre_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 01:49 PM   #2034
Jack Off Jill
Is Voting MakinLattes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macabre_Turtle
Maybe based on your view of the level of quality of these three publishers. Not based on the actual success.

No, based on sales. Image is outselling Marvel now. And it's a trend that will continue because of business strategy.

Old 08-30-2015, 02:01 PM   #2035
Macabre_Turtle
UG's UGer

Quote:
No, based on sales. Image is outselling Marvel now. And it's a trend that will continue because of business strategy.

Source?

I don't usually follow comic book sales, but this had me curious enough to look, and these numbers don't seem to support that. Marvel had 12 books last month outsell Images highest selling book, with Secret Wars selling 221K copies, compared to Saga's 60K copies.

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...15/2015-07.html

Covers:
STS - Emersion - Dual Guitar/Bass
STS - Redwoods - Dual Guitar
BTBAM - The Backtrack - Bass/Guitar
BTBAM - Sun of Nothing - Guitar
Macabre_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: