Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Other
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 11-19-2008, 12:26 AM   #1
mreed1990
Om nom nom nom
 
mreed1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Keith Urban.

So what do you guys think of him. I don't really mean his songs him as a guitar player.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Survivalism
The Dual Rectifier is my sexy finishing move.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Survivalism
Nobody knows the words to Evenflow, they all just go "bramamamamamamamamaamamamabooowwllofcornflakes"
mreed1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:28 AM   #2
Natrone
UG's Festive Brad Paisley
 
Natrone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Somewhere along I-35
He and Brad Paisley are two of the most talented guitarists who will never get the credit they deserve because of the genre of music the chose to play.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear


Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs1020
plexi


i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.


Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Natrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:31 AM   #3
Awaken
Only Passion
 
Awaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Rupert, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrone
He and Brad Paisley are two of the most talented guitarists who will never get the credit they deserve because of the genre of music the chose to play.

Brad Paisley is the man
__________________

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Awaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:37 AM   #4
Habit Zero
Banned
 
Habit Zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: North Carolina
His guitar playing speaks for itself: http://youtube.com/watch?v=zBFnRqm-8f8&feature=related

I've got that bookmarked. And I really never list to any country, but I generally love music with real energy.

Last edited by Habit Zero : 11-19-2008 at 12:44 AM.
Habit Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:38 AM   #5
XxGibsonSGxX
UG's Thread Killer :(
 
XxGibsonSGxX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
He's really damn good.
__________________
To Be Talking Hello?
XxGibsonSGxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:42 AM   #6
Natrone
UG's Festive Brad Paisley
 
Natrone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Somewhere along I-35
Awesome! We've got some love for the country guitarists! Whoo!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear


Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs1020
plexi


i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.


Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Natrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:47 AM   #7
eds1275
Registered User
 
eds1275's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
I saw him live two or three years ago...Damn good guitar player. Not really my style (some family members had tickets and I figured "why not...?") but you have to acknowledge that he's very proficient with what he does.

Paisley is ok, but Urban is a better player.

I like Paisley's image more than Urban's though...
eds1275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:00 AM   #8
Rhythm__Guitar
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Australia.
From what I've seen he's a great guitar player. Although I still say Albert Lee is the best country guitarist.
An interesting fact about Keith Urban is his music isnít that well known here in Australia. (Which is weird considering he's Australian). He's just known as Nicole Kidman's husband over here.
Rhythm__Guitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 01:07 AM   #9
nick_winch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Port Moody, BC
IMO Keith Urban and Brad Paisley are the best guitarists in the industry right now. VERY UNDERATED, they just ooze talent. Im sick of people thinking that metal is so talented and country sucks. Any ****** can play a bunch of power chords, but these 2 really have more talent then they get recognized for. In fact it pisses me off, that most people don't know about them, and just say all country is the same, banjo's and twanging. watch this and tell me that they aren't amazing.

nick_winch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 01:12 AM   #10
slipknot5678
Cockblockatoo
 
slipknot5678's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_winch
IMO Keith Urban and Brad Paisley are the best guitarists in the industry right now. VERY UNDERATED, they just ooze talent. Im sick of people thinking that metal is so talented and country sucks. Any ****** can play a bunch of power chords, but these 2 really have more talent then they get recognized for. In fact it pisses me off, that most people don't know about them, and just say all country is the same, banjo's and twanging. watch this and tell me that they aren't amazing.


This, but I like metal and country. Brad Paisley is a good guitarists too, and I listen to country almost as much as metal(or any other type of rock).
slipknot5678 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 01:15 AM   #11
Lt. Shinysides
Perma'd
 
Lt. Shinysides's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
if you've heard him play outside of his usual songs, you'll know hes easily today's best player.
__________________
It's okay, Lt. Shinysides. You don't have to eat it now, you're just sleeping, you can eat it later. You can eat it later Lt. Shinysides!
Lt. Shinysides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 01:21 AM   #12
electr8r
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Brad Paisley - Nervous Breakdown (truly awesome)


Los Lonely Boys live. Very pissy quality but best I could find. Not country, but Henry Garza is up there with best guitarists in the past 10 years.
electr8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 01:23 AM   #13
nick_winch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Port Moody, BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Shinysides
if you've heard him play outside of his usual songs, you'll know hes easily today's best player.


i agree, i think he just keeps it simple with most of his songs because no radio station is going to want to here a 4 minute solo (even if it is amazing) although, the extended solo for "Stupid Boy" was recored but they never play it on the radio.

nick_winch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 01:31 AM   #14
Amuro Jay
goddess
 
Amuro Jay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ra Cailum Battleship
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit Zero
His guitar playing speaks for itself: http://youtube.com/watch?v=zBFnRqm-8f8&feature=related

I've got that bookmarked. And I really never list to any country, but I generally love music with real energy.



Awesome. As hell.
Amuro Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 02:32 PM   #15
SeanJovi
Dr. Rick Dagless, M.D.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
It's funny, Keith urban gets the reputation as the guitar slinger but Brad Paisley is a much better guitar player.
SeanJovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 04:45 PM   #16
BillyTee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Thats true. Urban was asked if he could get a lesson from ANY guitar player, live or dead, who would it be. Without hesitation he answered "Brad Paisley".
BillyTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:48 AM   #17
nick_winch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Port Moody, BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanJovi
It's funny, Keith urban gets the reputation as the guitar slinger but Brad Paisley is a much better guitar player.


well, ive seen individual interviews of them, and they both said that the other one was a better guitar player. Im a little biased because Keith is my favourite musician. But Brad is probably better, only because he can do any style, (not just rock and country as Keith usually does). Brad even came out with an instrumental album called "Play". The cover is awesome it's his tele playing on a playground (hence the title). on that album Brad plays blues, metal, country, rock...and whatever's left.

But i think both are the best in music right now. period.
nick_winch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:23 AM   #18
pistols
i no longer like chicken
 
pistols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: canberra, australia
i've been kind of keen on hearing some more technically skilled country stuff (not saying country isn't technically skilled, i just can't think of another way of saying it...not quite shred, but in a shred context perhaps?) so thanks for sharing that rollercoaster video, it's insane. i knew the guy could write some good songs but i had no idea he could do that.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
pistols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 09:44 PM   #19
Baba O'Riley
Registered User
 
Baba O'Riley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Carving deep blue ripples in the tissues of your mind...
Keith Urban is great. He has lots of passion and good songs. I love Love, Pain and the Whole Crazy Thing.
__________________
WARNING:This post contains explicit portrayals of violence; sex; violent sex; sexual violence; clowns and violent scenes of violent excess, which are definitely not suitable for all audiences.
Baba O'Riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:33 PM   #20
SeanJovi
Dr. Rick Dagless, M.D.
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by pistols
i've been kind of keen on hearing some more technically skilled country stuff (not saying country isn't technically skilled, i just can't think of another way of saying it...not quite shred, but in a shred context perhaps?) so thanks for sharing that rollercoaster video, it's insane. i knew the guy could write some good songs but i had no idea he could do that.


Keith Urban, Brad Paisley, and other country guitarists really do their best playing live. It's a shame you don't hear more technical stuff on their records (with the exception of Brad's album "Play"), but guitar solos are not radio friendly.
SeanJovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:01 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.