Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Techniques
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 07-24-2013, 12:25 PM   #1
kamali

C2 and G2 fingering

Hi,

I literally signed up just to ask this question (although im sure this site will come in handy on more than one occasion!)

Ive attached a picture of the C2 and G2 chords with their reccommended fingering. My question is would it be better to change the C2 fingering to 3,2,4 (rather than 2,1,3) and again 3,2,4 (rather than 2,1,3) for G2?

Thanks
Attached Images

kamali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:48 PM   #2
Zaphod_Beeblebr
Shallow and pedantic.

It could be sometimes, if you have a little extra time you might want to work on something like that but I wouldn't prioritise it if I were you.

Also: those chords are both named incorrectly; they're both add9 chords, so Cadd9 and Gadd9.

Album.
Legion.
Zaphod_Beeblebr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:54 PM   #3
BenTunessence

Hi Kamali!

For the Cadd9 (or C2), using fingers 1,2,3 is generally the way I play that chord. It makes it easier to switch to G and D, which are often close by in the song when you've got a C. The only time I'd use fingers 2,3,4 is if I'm coming from a regular C open position chord and I'm just adding the pinky for a second.

For the Gadd9 (G2), using fingers 1,2,3 allows you to do some interesting stuff around the chord, like using the index finger to create melodies from G major pentatonic while still having the basics of a G chord pressed down.
BenTunessence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 12:11 PM   #4
Kevin Kelio

#BenTunessence
Hi,
Can i get an image of da chord c2???
Kevin Kelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 06:39 PM   #5
derek8520

Totally depends on the context of the chords. For example, if I needed my first finger for playing something like a standard open C chord, I'd often try move my hand as little as possible whilst adding other notes, using my pinky for the D and G notes in those diagrams. That's maybe not explained as best as it could be but hopefully you get the gist of it.
derek8520 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: