User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-09-2011, 10:06 AM   #461
Maestro_89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esa91x
Hi!

I would like to point some attention to my contributed tabs, as they're tabs of my own songs. I would like some C&C to them, especially Vikenlåt, as it is the newest one!

thx

- Esa

Wow! I've checked you out on myspace. Very proffesional sound on "Confrontation Nocturne", and good dynamics on all the different instruments. Gives it an epic sound. Have you're band recorded any other songs?

Since you're Norwegian, why don't you check out me and my friends musicblog, http://lydrommet.wordpress.com
Maestro_89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 06:45 PM   #462
griffRG7321
Forever Bulking

Hey guys, I've put up a sneak preview of a piece ive been working on recently, for guitar and string orchestra, unfortunately I had troubles exporting the guitar audio so it's mainly just strings atm, but please have a listen

Barbeesha Latoya Jackson: "Awh hell naw mutha fuka, u wanna learn da art of composition all up in here?
griffRG7321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:41 PM   #463
Guppy_Odyssey

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffRG7321
Hey guys, I've put up a sneak preview of a piece ive been working on recently, for guitar and string orchestra, unfortunately I had troubles exporting the guitar audio so it's mainly just strings atm, but please have a listen

Very pleasant sounding, somewhat stagnant, but as it develops I'm sure that will change. It would be interesting to hear how guitar would be implemented and where the piece goes.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Guppy_Odyssey/

In my profile, the track titled "Bardo Thodol" is, as stated, a work in progress. As of right now, it's pretty much just a collection of three ideas that I like, and I'm working to develop them and connect them in a way that makes sense. I'm also working on a final section, which I imagine as a major key, a tranquil and comforting ending.

—Chick Corea
Guppy_Odyssey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:05 AM   #464
danbell
:) Heya (:

I've composed a couple of songs and placed them on my page if someone could listen to them and tell me if their actually any good...

They are kinda influenced by CandyRat artists and the likes so their all fingerstyle stuff...

Would appreciate any feedback at all!!
danbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 05:35 PM   #465
Holyhedron

ENJOY!
Holyhedron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 05:39 PM   #466
evolucian

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffRG7321

Have you been watching the mission? hehehe

It sounds good dude... Hurry up and put the git in
evolucian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 05:55 PM   #467
griffRG7321
Forever Bulking

What's the mission? Haha.

I'm at uni atm so I'll have to wait till I get home in a few weeks to get the guitar on it.

Barbeesha Latoya Jackson: "Awh hell naw mutha fuka, u wanna learn da art of composition all up in here?
griffRG7321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:55 PM   #468
JudgZero

I decided to post a cute little composition I made for Piano class. It doesn't sound quite the way I wanted it too, because I wrote it using a distortion organ (which is not an instrument present in GP), but I think it sounds just fine with nylon strings.

I'm actually just getting started as a composer and am looking forward to learning and writning a lot more in the future and improving myself. So advice and criticism is much appreciated.

Play at 1.25 speed, btw. Keep forgetting to adjust the bpm.
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 Piano Project2.gp5 (3.6 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by JudgZero : 06-10-2011 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Note about speed.
JudgZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:55 AM   #469
woshichun

still on a C major chord though is what I meant.

How would you explain the A7? Relative-parallel major?
Old 07-08-2011, 10:22 PM   #470
Vlasco
Turn of the century man!

I've uploaded an early stage draft of the second movement from a violin sonata I started a short while ago if anyone would like to listen to it.

There is no pause between the first and second movements so I included the final bar of the first.
Vlasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:44 AM   #471
akkeal

akkeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:42 AM   #472
PFC_91

The attachment here is something I wrote for a project in school last year (my last year there). I never got around to naming it, never finding a name that I thought would fit, so instead it's just an abbreviation of Swedish words(+which version of the file it was, to create a timeline. It got confusing in the end.). In the end I had too little time left to write a good ending, but I think the end result was okay. Still, I feel it's lacking something, but can't figure out what. Still, I'd appreciate critique.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KPÄT.zip (12.1 KB, 6 views)
PFC_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 12:09 PM   #473
richrowley

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFC_91
The attachment here is something I wrote for a project in school last year (my last year there). I never got around to naming it, never finding a name that I thought would fit, so instead it's just an abbreviation of Swedish words(+which version of the file it was, to create a timeline. It got confusing in the end.). In the end I had too little time left to write a good ending, but I think the end result was okay. Still, I feel it's lacking something, but can't figure out what. Still, I'd appreciate critique.

Cool I'll have a listen and get back to you.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:43 AM   #474
bass wizard

I got an A grade in my AS level Music composition (Got a B overall due to an awful policy about universal marking of performances, but I am re-submitting my performance to try and bump the grade up to an A). So I might upload my piece to here so that other AS users could have a sort of bench mark for it (albeit a different brief). Would that be cool with everybody?

Grade 8 Guitar- Passed with merit
Grade 5 bass- Pass
Grade 5 theory- Pass (Working on Grade 6)
Grade 4 keyboard- Passed with merit (Doing Grade 5)
bass wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 12:50 PM   #475
Vlasco
Turn of the century man!

Sure, post anything you'd like.
Vlasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:53 AM   #476
lildudenikki
This DJ rocks your ass

hey i got a problem. sorry if this isnt relevant to this thread but.... how would you try and find out the notes and key of a song without using a keyboard and guitar, just the music. cause i want to do a rock cover version of Ring of fire by Johnny Cash and i need to work out the notes to play on the guitar.
lildudenikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:33 PM   #477
jtfletch11

soundcloud.com/jtfletch11

What do you guys think of my stuff? Any critiques would be helpful. None of the songs really go together, they're all kind of random genres of music.
jtfletch11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 02:39 PM   #478
LeeMusic

Question

Hi,

I'd like to know if this is owk or just crap to you :P

Any advice is appreciated =]

Lee

(.. i know it isnt finished, it's more like a setup to something i dont know yet.
it's owk to play on guitar but i cant record, so the little piano man inside
ur pc will play it for you instead, with a little less human feeling.. but the
melody is still there xD )
Attached Files
File Type: mid mldyfrdynght.mid (731 Bytes, 15 views)

Last edited by LeeMusic : 09-17-2011 at 02:47 PM.
LeeMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:00 AM   #479
stagelbagel14

I have asked several people this before and I always get different answer. I always classify our band as Alternative Rock but I have gotten other genres before. So since everyone here is a musician I value your opinions more haha. Thanks guys!

www.facebook.com/1overinfinity

www.myspace.com/1overinfinity
stagelbagel14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:44 PM   #480
Joe5790

Hi,

Now i now that im a very substandard composer at the best of times. But i've always wanted someone to look over some of the things i made and see if they are any good at all.

The names on each file are just what i was bothered to write on them.
A lot of the tunes are mostly coherent, but it may sound like there is a riff or two that dont belong. I've been trying for ages to get new things into those spots, but havent been able to think up of anything, or i make something up and think it deserves its own file.

Also, the majority arent finished (and quite possibly never will. Its very hard for me to get back into an old tune once i've started a new one).
Of these, 'New One' and 'Verse No chorus' (It does have one, but its just the intro repeated.) are the only 2 that have been finished.

So, please leave comments. I know im not a brilliant composer, so there will be no need for comments such as "These suck......."
If you dont like them, just say so. No need to be rude.

PS. These are all in Guitar Pro 6 format. For some reason it doesnt allow me to export it as GP5 file, so as people with just GP5 can listen as well.
Attached Files
File Type: gpx New one.gpx (72.6 KB, 25 views)
File Type: gpx 1 of the best yet.gpx (37.4 KB, 22 views)
File Type: gpx drop c tune.gpx (32.6 KB, 24 views)
File Type: gpx slow really heavy tune.gpx (35.5 KB, 17 views)
File Type: gpx verse, with no chorus.gpx (54.9 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by Joe5790 : 11-06-2011 at 07:48 PM.
Joe5790 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: