Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-04-2009, 09:35 PM   #1
Mutmoo
Fuzzlove.

Modest Mouse/Isaac Brock

I'm looking for a Modest Mouse type tone on my Fender Blues Jr. Any suggestions for settings and pedals? I currently use a Silvertone Strat copy and a Gretsch Electromatic 5120 along with a Fender Blender, Dunlop 535q wah, and MXR Carbon Copy Delay. I know Isaac used to use Fender Super Six's until he got his custom amp (I'm aiming for their earlier sound anyways) along with a Boss Blues Driver pedal. I will most likely purchase the Boss Blues Driver over the next couple of days anyways (I happen to like the sound of it very much, I'm not purchasing it just to be like him). And before anyone says get your own sound, I'm using it to create my own sound by combining the settings of my 2 favorite guitarists, John Frusciante and Isaac Brock, in order to create something new. Thank you in advance.
Mutmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:41 PM   #2
imicius
(")(O.O)(")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutmoo
I'm looking for a Modest Mouse type tone on my Fender Blues Jr. Any suggestions for settings and pedals? I currently use a Silvertone Strat copy and a Gretsch Electromatic 5120 along with a Fender Blender, Dunlop 535q wah, and MXR Carbon Copy Delay. I know Isaac used to use Fender Super Six's until he got his custom amp (I'm aiming for their earlier sound anyways) along with a Boss Blues Driver pedal. I will most likely purchase the Boss Blues Driver over the next couple of days anyways (I happen to like the sound of it very much, I'm not purchasing it just to be like him). And before anyone says get your own sound, I'm using it to create my own sound by combining the settings of my 2 favorite guitarists, John Frusciante and Isaac Brock, in order to create something new. Thank you in advance.

I would try different overdrives; since you're not running through a Super Six, a Blues Driver won't sound exactly the same.
imicius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:44 PM   #3
Mutmoo
Fuzzlove.

What overdrives would you suggest? I'm looking for something that can give me some over powering harmonics like Isaac. I also like the sounds of the amp break up that both John Frusciante and Isaac Brock possess.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:49 PM   #4
imicius
(")(O.O)(")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutmoo
What overdrives would you suggest? I'm looking for something that can give me some over powering harmonics like Isaac. I also like the sounds of the amp break up that both John Frusciante and Isaac Brock possess.

TS9, TS808, BD-2, SD-1, RAT2, Bluesbreaker are all I can think of atm. If you live in a huge city, you might be able to try a Zendrive or a Fulltone OCD.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:57 PM   #5
Mutmoo
Fuzzlove.

Does anyone know what some good amp settings would be? Reverb settings, bass, treble, mids, etc.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:12 PM   #6
imicius
(")(O.O)(")

He usually sounds mid/treb heavy--you could always wade through the thousands of pictures of modest mouse on various image hosting websites, or you could try sending them an email/myspace message.

Rate This Thread: