Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Metal
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-31-2016, 01:11 PM   #1
sn00ze

Melodic Death Metal Instrumental

Hey guys,

could you recommend me some melodic death metal bands? I know I will sound like cliche but the growl really puts me off, I just cant listen to it, thats why Im looking for band playing mainly instrumentals.
sn00ze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 07:17 PM   #2
MHDrunk
It's Always Teatime

At the Gates style vocals, I wouldn't call them growls, are probably the most accessible of all the harsh vocal styles in metal. I don't think you'll have much luck finding instrumental melodeath, but you could always go for power metal or something instead.
MHDrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 11:31 AM   #3
theogonia777
Miss Kristen

Just keep listening to metal and the vocal styles will grow on you. Most music is an acquired taste, and this is truer the more "out there" the music is. And it's not just metal.

Honky-tonk, bebop, etc can all be very inaccessible to the casual music listener with no experience with their respective genres (country and jazz) due to having very non-neutral musical qualities. Hank Williams is a beloved singer and songwriter, but his voice and music sound screeching and depressing. Bebop (and "harder" forms of jazz) can be very dissonant and busy and so I first time listener may be overwhelmed.

A lot of elements of metal, from drumming to vocals to atmosphere, are very inaccessible to first time listeners and casual music enthusiasts. It takes time, but it all will likely grow on you to the point where you will be trying to imitate Lord Worm when you are in the shower.

Comma splices killed Steve McNair. When you post a comma splice, you are supporting murder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NirvanaLuvr16
omg its better than i imagined... so dark and cozy and warm...

Now you have no excuse...
theogonia777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 07:18 PM   #4
MHDrunk
It's Always Teatime

there's a good reddit post on metal vocals...

here we go: https://www.reddit.com/r/changemyvi...reaming/cafam2z

maybe reading that will help you approach it from a different direction. personally i can't imagine certain extreme metal with clean vocals, it would sound ridiculous (though this doesn't really apply to later melodeath... but it does apply to the first 2 AtG albums)
MHDrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 10:01 AM   #5
DamienEx1021
PC Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by sn00ze
Hey guys,

could you recommend me some melodic death metal bands? I know I will sound like cliche but the growl really puts me off, I just cant listen to it, thats why Im looking for band playing mainly instrumentals.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?li...gkPLeJ2xDgWlRnv

Most of the songs don't have vocals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolmnt
PC police strike again

If you have a computer related question, ask here!
DamienEx1021 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: