Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Metal
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-05-2012, 10:11 PM   #1
CommanderMeaty

What is Joe Holmes up to lately (ex Ozzy Guitar player)

I never found a hint of what he's doing today, he's a great guitarist. he's a guitarist who took lesson from Randy Rhoads and used to play for ozzy.
CommanderMeaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:25 PM   #2
Scourge441
Eyes With Pride

Last thing I can find that he did is this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodster
Mega Death?

Are they like Megadeth?
Scourge441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:07 AM   #3
gypsyblues7373

And he only played on what, one of those songs? I always wondered about dude too, nobody ever seems to remember him playing for Ozzy (kinda like Brad Gillis).
gypsyblues7373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:09 PM   #4
ZerovoreZ
Banned

I met him at Ozzfest one year. Real nice guy. We talked about Randy Rhoads briefly and he said he's still his favorite guitarist. He's still my favorite as well (Rhoads that is)
ZerovoreZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:26 AM   #5
lithead

For all you Joe Holmes fans,

The first song from FARMIKOS, the new band led by former OZZY OSBOURNE/DAVID LEE ROTH guitarist Joe Holmes, can be streamed at Farmikos.com. Holmes is joined in the new group by former LAIDLAW singer Robert "Robbie" Locke .

Says Holmes: "It's been a long time coming. I'm really proud of this music and am excited about getting it out. So far everything has been done without a label or management and we're in the process of figuring the best way to put this music out.

"I've been working with a great vocalist Robbie Locke and fortunate to have had Robert Trujillo and Brooks Wackerman guest on this set of songs along with songwriting contributions from Brent Hoffort."

[forbidden link]

[forbidden link] ... 41?fref=ts
lithead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:01 PM   #6
lithead

Latest news on FARMIKOS with Joe Holmes From Blabbermouth
Quote:
Former OZZY OSBOURNE and DAVID LEE ROTH guitarist Joe Holmes has launched a YouTube channel for FARMIKOS, his new band with vocalist Robert "Robbie" Locke (ex-LAIDLAW). The inaugural video, which can be viewed below, shows Joe cutting guitar tracks for the song "Exit Stencils" at the Mouse House in Pasadena, California.

FARMIKOS' initial recordings feature guest appearances by Robert Trujillo (METALLICA, ex-SUICIDAL TENDENCIES) and Brooks Wackerman (BAD RELIGION), along with songwriting contributions from Brent Hoffort (MY OWN MACHINE).

States Holmes: "We are still in serious writing and recording mode and Robbie is scheduled to be back out here in L.A. to finish up vocals. In the meantime, we thought it would be a great idea to give people a window into what we're doing in the studio. We'll be uploading more footage over the coming weeks leading up to our first release."

Two other FARMIKOS songs, "Scapegoat" and "The Sound Of My Gun", are currently streaming on the band's official web site at Farmikos.com.

Holmes, 50, took lessons from legendary guitarist Randy Rhoads (OZZY OSBOURNE, QUIET RIOT) in 1979 before forming the Los Angeles-based band TERRIFF in 1983. Holmes briefly left TERRIFF in 1987 to join LIZZY BORDEN and stayed with the latter group for a year before reforming TERRIFF.

After guitarist Jason Becker was diagnosed with ALS while recording DAVID LEE ROTH's album "A Little Ain't Enough" in 1990, Holmes stepped in to replace him.

In 1995, after Ozzy Osbourne had finished recording the "Ozzmosis" album, a replacement for Zakk Wylde was needed for the tour and Holmes got the job.

"It's really spooky," Ozzy once said in an interview, "because when Joe plays the Randy Rhoads stuff, he plays just like him it's like I can see Randy's fingers."

Holmes remained Ozzy's guitarist for five years, before leaving the band during the writing sessions for the "Down To Earth" album. Although Holmes does not play on the CD, the songs "Facing Hell", "Junkie" and "That I Never Had", which were co-written by Holmes, appear on the album.

Link of the new video teaser
lithead is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: